Zone1 Reality Check on Easter

A Preppy From Paradise

Allah could have been borrowed from the Indo-European word for "sun," which comes out in Greek as helios. It's obvious that the Sun was the first thing to be thought of as a Supreme Being. It is even more advanced than subsequent religions, because people can see it and directly feel its effects, instead of making up stories that are so hard to believe that they are led to believe that their hereditary rulers are His visible representatives.

What makes Christians equally worship the Son of their god?
I'll be damned if I know....Why even have a "middleman"? :dunno:

Depends on how one celebrates Easter. In my family we celebrate Easter as the time when Jesus was crucified and raised from the dead to bring salvation to all mankind. The resurrection of Jesus will bring immortality back to all mankind who have received a body on this earth through the resurrection of their bodies. Jesus' atoning sacrifice brings us the opportunity to repent and be forgiven of sins that will allow us entrance into the kingdom of heaven.

I think that having Easter egg hunts and family dinners is ok because it brings families together in celebration and spending time together. Not sure that people really think of Easter as a time to shun the true and living God or that it draws them away from Him. However, I think that remembering our Savior and rejoicing in his Holy Sacrifice and Resurrection for us and worshipping the one true God is a good practice on every Easter Holiday!
Many of us, who aren't Jews, regard this season as a memorial of the fulfillment of the Passover.

“I accept the resurrection of Easter Sunday not as an invention of the community of disciples, but as a historical event. If the resurrection of Jesus from the dead on that Easter Sunday were a public event which had been made known…not only to the 530 Jewish witnesses but to the entire population, all Jews would have become followers of Jesus.”

-Pinchas Lapide (1922-1997) (Jewish theologian)

“It may be taken as historically certain that Peter and the disciples had experiences after Jesus’s death in which Jesus appeared to them as the risen Christ.”

-Gerd Ludemann (1946-2021) (Biblical historian)

“These three great facts–the resurrection appearances, the empty tomb, and the origin of the Christian faith–all point unavoidably to one conclusion: The resurrection of Jesus. Today the rational man can hardly be blamed if he believes that on that first Easter morning a divine miracle occurred.”

-William Lane Craig (Philosopher and theologian)

“If Jesus had died and stayed dead, they would either have given up the movement, or they would have found another messiah. Something extraordinary happened which convinced them that Jesus was the Messiah.”

-Nicholas Thomas (N. T.) Wright (New Testament and Pauline scholar)

"In short, I didn’t become a Christian because God promised I would have an even happier life than I had as an atheist. He never promised any such thing. Indeed, following him would inevitably bring divine demotions in the eyes of the world. Rather, I became a Christian because the evidence was so compelling that Jesus really is the one-and-only Son of God who proved his divinity by rising from the dead. That meant following him was the most rational and logical step I could possibly take."

-Lee Strobel (former atheist and legal editor of The Chicago Tribune)

There are a ton more quotes like those, from renowned scholars including non-Christians and even agnostics / atheists.

That said, yeah, obviously some of the ways people celebrate Easter (Easter eggs and silly Easter bunny stuff and eating ham or lamb) are not Christian at all. But that has nothing to do with the truth that Jesus is who He claimed to be and proved it by the resurrection. I think it's clear that the enemy of God purposely creates doubt and confusion by infiltrating Christianity and mixing it with pagan stuff.

Depends which of the many Christ figures you are calling Jesus.
Yeshu son of Mary of 100bc was not oppressed, but was punished for broken laws of that age which was liken to arresting Benny Hinn for Maggic show scams.
The tax revolting Galilean Christ Yehuda died 6bc was not oppressed, but was punished for his revolt by Rome, if any of his own people despised him it was because he was liken to Antifa, him and his followers would randsack payers of those Roman taxes houses and burn them. So turning him in to Rome is justified if that happened, but it also could be a Roman deflection of blame like Biden's regime does, used to demonize an opposing group that is revolting against the tyrany.
Theudas by the River Jordan in the Pilate era died 35ad was not oppressed, he was Crucified by Rome for his revolt against Rome.
I was hoping you would have stuck to Biblical figures that I'm familiar with, like Jeremiah.

Usually, the appearance of the prophet was not a good thing since they came to give a sinful and wayward people a warning.

After several years of preaching, Jeremiah’s family turned against him and even plotted to kill him (Jeremiah 1:8, 11:21-23, 12:6). Over the years, he was whipped and put in the stocks (Jeremiah 20:1-3), attacked by a mob (Jeremiah 26:1-9), threatened by the king (Jeremiah 36:26), and ridiculed (Jeremiah 28). Some of Zedekiah’s princes had Jeremiah arrested, beaten, accused of treason, and thrown in jail (Jeremiah 37:1-15), from whence he was then thrown in a deep empty well (Jeremiah 38:1-6). He lived through the siege of Jerusalem along with the rest and was there as the people were taken away as captives.

Or Isaiah. Isaiah is believed to have suffered a martyr’s death for his faith. The Jewish historian Josephus records that King Manasseh had Isaiah sawn in half with a wooden saw. This gruesome execution is also mentioned in the Talmud, a collection of Jewish writings.

In fact, the Bible itself tells us a much of what went on.

1 Kings 18:4
Verse Concepts
for when Jezebel destroyed the prophets of the Lord, Obadiah took a hundred prophets and hid them by fifties in a cave, and provided them with bread and water.)

1 Kings 18:13
Verse Concepts
Has it not been told to my master what I did when Jezebel killed the prophets of the Lord, that I hid a hundred prophets of the Lord by fifties in a cave, and provided them with bread and water?

1 Kings 19:10
Verse Concepts
He said, “I have been very zealous for the Lord, the God of hosts; for the sons of Israel have forsaken Your covenant, torn down Your altars and killed Your prophets with the sword. And I alone am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.”

1 Kings 19:14
Verse Concepts
Then he said, “I have been very zealous for the Lord, the God of hosts; for the sons of Israel have forsaken Your covenant, torn down Your altars and killed Your prophets with the sword. And I alone am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.”

Nehemiah 9:26
Verse Concepts
“But they became disobedient and rebelled against You,
And cast Your law behind their backs
And killed Your prophets who had admonished them
So that they might return to You,
And they committed great blasphemies.

0 of 30 secondsVolume 0%
This ad will end in 25

Romans 11:3
Verse Concepts
“Lord, they have killed Your prophets, they have torn down Your altars, and I alone am left, and they are seeking my life.”

1 Kings 19:2
Verse Concepts
Then Jezebel sent a messenger to Elijah, saying, “So may the gods do to me and even more, if I do not make your life as the life of one of them by tomorrow about this time.”

2 Kings 6:31
Verse Concepts
Then he said, “May God do so to me and more also, if the head of Elisha the son of Shaphat remains on him today.”

2 Kings 6:32
Verse Concepts
Now Elisha was sitting in his house, and the elders were sitting with him. And the king sent a man from his presence; but before the messenger came to him, he said to the elders, “Do you see how this son of a murderer has sent to take away my head? Look, when the messenger comes, shut the door and hold the door shut against him. Is not the sound of his master’s feet behind him?”

Jeremiah 38:4
Verse Concepts
Then the officials said to the king, “Now let this man be put to death, inasmuch as he is discouraging the men of war who are left in this city and all the people, by speaking such words to them; for this man is not seeking the well-being of this people but rather their harm.”

Jeremiah 38:16
Verse Concepts
But King Zedekiah swore to Jeremiah in secret saying, “As the Lord lives, who made this life for us, surely I will not put you to death nor will I give you over to the hand of these men who are seeking your life.”

Jeremiah 11:21
Verse Concepts
Therefore thus says the Lord concerning the men of Anathoth, who seek your life, saying, “Do not prophesy in the name of the Lord, so that you will not die at our hand”;

Matthew 23:35
Verse Concepts
so that upon you may fall the guilt of all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, the son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar.

Jeremiah 2:30
Verse Concepts
“In vain I have struck your sons;
They accepted no chastening.
Your sword has devoured your prophets
Like a destroying lion.

Matthew 23:37
Verse Concepts
“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling.

Matthew 21:35
Verse Concepts
The vine-growers took his slaves and beat one, and killed another, and stoned a third.

Matthew 22:6
Verse Concepts
and the rest seized his slaves and mistreated them and killed them.

Mark 12:3-8
They took him, and beat him and sent him away empty-handed. Again he sent them another slave, and they wounded him in the head, and treated him shamefully. And he sent another, and that one they killed; and so with many others, beating some and killing others.read more.
Matthew 23:30
Verse Concepts
and say, ‘If we had been living in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partners with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’

Matthew 23:31
Verse Concepts
So you testify against yourselves, that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets.

1 Thessalonians 2:15
Verse Concepts
who both killed the Lord Jesus and the prophets, and drove us out. They are not pleasing to God, but hostile to all men,

2 Kings 9:7
Verse Concepts
You shall strike the house of Ahab your master, that I may avenge the blood of My servants the prophets, and the blood of all the servants of the Lord, at the hand of Jezebel.

Luke 13:34
Verse Concepts
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, just as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you would not have it!

Acts 7:52
Verse Concepts
Which one of the prophets did your fathers not persecute? They killed those who had previously announced the coming of the Righteous One, whose betrayers and murderers you have now become;

Revelation 11:7
Verse Concepts
When they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up out of the abyss will make war with them, and overcome them and kill them.

Revelation 16:6
Verse Concepts
for they poured out the blood of saints and prophets, and You have given them blood to drink. They deserve it.”

Numbers 31:8
Verse Concepts
They killed the kings of Midian along with the rest of their slain: Evi and Rekem and Zur and Hur and Reba, the five kings of Midian; they also killed Balaam the son of Beor with the sword.

1 Kings 18:40
Verse Concepts
Then Elijah said to them, “Seize the prophets of Baal; do not let one of them escape.” So they seized them; and Elijah brought them down to the brook Kishon, and slew them there.

1 Kings 19:1
Verse Concepts
Now Ahab told Jezebel all that Elijah had done, and how he had killed all the prophets with the sword.

Jeremiah 29:21
Verse Concepts
“Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, concerning Ahab the son of Kolaiah and concerning Zedekiah the son of Maaseiah, who are prophesying to you falsely in My name, ‘Behold, I will deliver them into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, and he will slay them before your eyes.

Source: 30 Bible verses about Killing Prophets

So, having seen all this, Jesus was correct about the martyrdom of the prophets. These men of God were scorned and oppressed because they preferred their wicked ways.

Jesus just happens to fit into that pattern like a glove.

Of course. I cited the king that they chose (Chapter 2: 1-2).

Also, the elders of Israel weren't all Jews.
The reason I bring it up is because it was used in Thomas Paine's Common Sense pamphlet for the US Revolution.

He was an atheist, but he used 1 Samuel 8 as an argument to revolt against the British crown. This is the power of the Torah brought to the rest of the world via Christianity.

Wicked man was never meant to rule over his fellow man.

This is why oppression and persecution arises as it does.

God warned them, but they still would not listen.

In fact, Leftism, which preaches the virtue of man ruling over other man, only wants more of that power and more centralized.

Unfortunately. Leftism is the most successful religion of our era that has infiltrated the church and claimed most secular Jews as well. It is also the cause of the Jewish persecution of Jews in Europe via the Catholic church. Its all about political power.

Last edited:
Would you say that Christianity has brougtht the Torah to more of the world than the Jewish faith?

This is something Dennis Prager says and he is a Jew, but he does not hate Christians like you do.
You just answered why does God allow Lucifer to exist. Judaism mentions the 2 Messiahs.
Because the First fallen imposter messiah Ben Joseph brings the Baal and Mithra worshiping Romans half way into the fold, Rome in trying to steal spiritual authority doesn't understand cause and affect, ends up incubating half of the Torah for the time Moshiach Ben David brings the 2 sticks into one and fully into the fold.
When Pope John Paul the 2nd thwarted the Palestinian Israeli peace deal Arafat was ready to sign, the church thwarted future peace and our path to unity was broken thus the attonement day on Michaelemas never occurred, in laymen terms the world chose to live in hell rather than in paradise by chosing to stick with Lucifer's Church and thwarting the rightful Mikdash to come.
Which addresses something else you eluded to.
You don't have a high rise of antisemitism if
1) there's peace
2) there's a platform that condemns the corrupt & fascist tendencies of Leftist Jewish Politicians like Schumer, Schiff, etc and teaches what is wrong and why what they do is wrong.
3) more informed counter propaganda and exposure to who's fueling that propaganda which might dissipate in peace.

Last edited:
Ishtar is Pagan Rome's pagan answer the Passover which all true Christians should be observing

Reality Check:
1)Easter is about the Ishtar mythology
FALSE

Here is a lengthy article from somebody who doesn't identify as a Christian but did the research. It even talks about bunnies and eggs and fertility and all that jazz...
No, Easter Is Not Named after Ishtar

The notion that Easter was originally a festival in honor of the ancient Mesopotamian goddess Ishtar has been promoted online in recent years by a number of prominent atheist groups and organizations. Most notably, on 28 March 2013, the Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science (RDFRS) shared the following image on Facebook:

main-qimg-e81d8577b821bf527247b588dc9680cc

Literally every single claim made here is wrong or oversimplified. In fact, what the Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science is promoting here is neither reasonable nor scientific, but rather a totally unsubstantiated conspiracy theory that originated with an extremely die-hard fundamentalist Protestant pamphleteer in the nineteenth century...

(snip)

Easter has never been a celebration of Ishtar. Our earliest evidence for the celebration of Easter as a holiday distinct from the Jewish holiday of Passover comes from Christian texts written in around the middle of the second century AD, which all refer to Easter as a Christian holiday celebrating the resurrection of Jesus.

Of course, these early Christian sources weren’t written in English, so they don’t call the holiday “Easter”; instead, the holiday was originally known in Greek as Πάσχα (Páscha) and in Latin as Pascha. The name Pascha is derived from the Aramaic word פַּסְחָא (Pasḥā), meaning “Passover.

(snip)

You just answered why does God allow Lucifer to exist. Judaism mentions the 2 Messiahs.
Because the First fallen imposter messiah Ben Joseph brings the Baal and Mithra worshiping Romans half way into the fold, Rome in trying to steal spiritual authority doesn't understand cause and affect, ends up incubating half of the Torah for the time Moshiach Ben David brings the 2 sticks into one and fully into the fold.
When Pope John Paul the 2nd thwarted the Palestinian Israeli peace deal Arafat was ready to sign, the church thwarted future peace and our path to unity was broken thus the attonement day on Michaelemas never occurred, in laymen terms the world chose to live in hell rather than in paradise by chosing to stick with Lucifer's Church and thwarting the rightful Mikdash to come.
Which addresses something else you eluded to.
You don't have a high rise of antisemitism if
1) there's peace
2) there's a platform that condemns the corrupt & fascist tendencies of Leftist Jewish Politicians like Schumer, Schiff, etc and teaches what is wrong and why what they do is wrong.
3) more informed counter propaganda and exposure to who's fueling that propaganda which might dissipate in peace.
You honestly think the Pope is what stopped Arafat from embracing peace?

Really?

:auiqs.jpg:

I'm not Catholic, and I view the current Pope as apostate, but that view is beyond bizarre to me.

Arafat never had any interest in peace, and neither does Hamas.

"Come out of her, my people!"
"You shall not worship the Lord your God as the nations around you worship their gods."

And so many of you "Christians" wonder why the Jews won't convert to your counterfeit church 😂

You honestly think the Pope is what stopped Arafat from embracing peace?

Really?

:auiqs.jpg:

I'm not Catholic, and I view the current Pope as apostate, but that view is beyond bizarre to me.

Arafat never had any interest in peace, and neither does Hamas.
Arafat was ready to sign and the Pope visit was to have him hold off until they agreed a deal where Israel made Jerusalem an international city to keep Israel from control and building a Mikdash which would replace Vatican spiritual authority.
I think they wanted international control of the holy sites as well.
So careful what you laugh at least you be laughing at yourself for being out of the news cycle somewhere missing these events.

FALSE

Here is a lengthy article from somebody who doesn't identify as a Christian but did the research. It even talks about bunnies and eggs and fertility and all that jazz...
No, Easter Is Not Named after Ishtar

The notion that Easter was originally a festival in honor of the ancient Mesopotamian goddess Ishtar has been promoted online in recent years by a number of prominent atheist groups and organizations. Most notably, on 28 March 2013, the Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science (RDFRS) shared the following image on Facebook:

main-qimg-e81d8577b821bf527247b588dc9680cc

Literally every single claim made here is wrong or oversimplified. In fact, what the Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science is promoting here is neither reasonable nor scientific, but rather a totally unsubstantiated conspiracy theory that originated with an extremely die-hard fundamentalist Protestant pamphleteer in the nineteenth century...

(snip)

Easter has never been a celebration of Ishtar. Our earliest evidence for the celebration of Easter as a holiday distinct from the Jewish holiday of Passover comes from Christian texts written in around the middle of the second century AD, which all refer to Easter as a Christian holiday celebrating the resurrection of Jesus.

Of course, these early Christian sources weren’t written in English, so they don’t call the holiday “Easter”; instead, the holiday was originally known in Greek as Πάσχα (Páscha) and in Latin as Pascha. The name Pascha is derived from the Aramaic word פַּסְחָא (Pasḥā), meaning “Passover.

(snip)
the Christ figure stoned & hung on a tree on passover a rare event scheduled on such holiday is historically recorded and dated via King(Jannaeus) of that era, because it is unusual, that figure was Yeshu son of Mary of 100bc a far cry from Herod era Galilean christ figure and Pilate era christ figure by the Jordan River both the later crucified by Rome but not during a high holy day.

Last edited:
Reality Check:
1)Easter is about the Ishtar mythology where Fishman god Dagon's son Baal's son is a fishman birthed out of a giant egg-(sounds like a UFO description)
Today you still see remnants of this Dagon-Baal-morning star worship through Baal (sun )Crosses, Baal's Dec 25th birthday borrowed, Fishead hat mitre, fish scale robes, and popes fishman god ring.
2)In Canaanite Dying god Mythology of Athtar the Fierce, this son of Baal called the Morning Star
(Rev 22:16)needs to die to surpass (be the new mask of) his father on the throne.
& Resurrection from the dead stories are borrowed to give power to the legend & compete and convert other cultures who had same predated death scenes.
Found was a 700bc stone tablet on Bel called the Marduck tablets(seen below) with the exact same death scene accts and it sits in the British museum.
3) There are still Christian Hospitals, funeral homes grave- buriel sites, and Christians still buy life insurance because nobody is resurrected by this giant fishman.
4)eventually children stop believing in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, but some adults seem to still need this crutch.
View attachment 924160
nonsense

Reality Check:
1)Easter is about the Ishtar mythology where Fishman god Dagon's son Baal's son is a fishman birthed out of a giant egg-(sounds like a UFO description)
Today you still see remnants of this Dagon-Baal-morning star worship through Baal (sun )Crosses, Baal's Dec 25th birthday borrowed, Fishead hat mitre, fish scale robes, and popes fishman god ring.
2)In Canaanite Dying god Mythology of Athtar the Fierce, this son of Baal called the Morning Star
(Rev 22:16)needs to die to surpass (be the new mask of) his father on the throne.
& Resurrection from the dead stories are borrowed to give power to the legend & compete and convert other cultures who had same predated death scenes.
Found was a 700bc stone tablet on Bel called the Marduck tablets(seen below) with the exact same death scene accts and it sits in the British museum.
3) There are still Christian Hospitals, funeral homes grave- buriel sites, and Christians still buy life insurance because nobody is resurrected by this giant fishman.
4)eventually children stop believing in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, but some adults seem to still need this crutch.
View attachment 924160
LOL wow Jews really hate Jesus.

I was hoping you would have stuck to Biblical figures that I'm familiar with, like Jeremiah.
These so called Jews rarely quote the Tanakh and the prophets. They can’t, because it clearly points to Jesus when you read it.

Instead all you get is pseudo history and the Talmud tap dance.

Arafat was ready to sign and the Pope visit was to have him hold off until they agreed a deal where Israel made Jerusalem an international city to keep Israel from control and building a Mikdash which would replace Vatican spiritual authority.
I think they wanted international control of the holy sites as well.
So careful what you laugh at least you be laughing at yourself for being out of the news cycle somewhere missing these events.
Hamas has in its constitution the goal of destroying the Zionist state.

The Vatican has zero sway over them.

Arafat is a known terrorist who would be on the line to Israel with a peace deal and on the other line setting up terrorist strikes.

To think you hold Arafat in higher regard than any Pope that ever lived is beyond comprehension.

Hamas has in its constitution the goal of destroying the Zionist state.

The Vatican has zero sway over them.

Arafat is a known terrorist who would be on the line to Israel with a peace deal and on the other line setting up terrorist strikes.

To think you hold Arafat in higher regard than any Pope that ever lived is beyond comprehension.

This goes to show you the contempt Jews have towards Christians. Even though Muslims would murder every single one of them, from the river to the sea, they still hate Christians more.

”If all the world hates you, remember it hated me first.” John 15:18

Jews hate Jesus first and foremost, which is why they will excuse murderous Muslims and blame Christians for their woes.

The Jews chose Barabbas over Jesus, and still do to this day. HaShev just proved that.

Forum List

Back