Real Tree Or Fake.....I Prefer Fake For Obvious Reasons

Do you prefer a real tree or a fake tree?

• I hate Christmas so I don't like either

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't understand the question

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
96502307-56a2acf25f9b58b7d0cd4cbd.jpg

I love real trees, but there are too many reasons why I refuse to get another dead tree and put it up in my house.

• That pine smell is the only thing that real trees give us and that soon fades after a few days
  • You can't put up a real tree on Thanksgiving because in a week or two they become a fire hazard
  • Fake trees don't leave needles all over the carpet
  • Cutting down a tree without planting another one could kill us, just ask Al Gore
  • I put my tree in a box or cover it with a sheet
  • A real tree ends up next to the garbage can

How to Choose an Eco-Friendly Christmas Tree

I like a real tree because they are prettier and because of the smell, but I do have my fake tree that I normally use because it is such a PITA to have a real tree. You have to water it and constantly clean up pine needles.

Usually getting a real tree isn't going to affect anything because they have farms for these types of trees. You aren't just supposed to go cut down a tree out in the woods. :D There could be animals living in there.

When I get a real tree, I usually purchase it from the local Boy Scouts. They sell trees to collect $$. I believe the trees they sell are donated by local growers, but I'm not sure about that.

I like a real tree because they are prettier and because of the smell, but I do have my fake tree that I normally use because it is such a PITA to have a real tree. You have to water it and constantly clean up pine needles.

Usually getting a real tree isn't going to affect anything because they have farms for these types of trees. You aren't just supposed to go cut down a tree out in the woods. :D There could be animals living in there.
For years I would take the family and we would cut down a nice blue spruce tree, at a Christmas tree farm. That ended when one July day I walked bare foot through my living room and got a blue spruce needled deeply embedded in my foot.

Fake. My wife and I will be buying a new one next weekend. Makes it much quicker to put stuff up when you can keep the tree decorated and just haul it upstairs and plug it in for 37 days a year.

Last edited:
When the kids were young we went to a local tree farm and cut one down. That was a neat tradition.
I have had mixed since then.
Unfortunately this year we cannot have one because we have a 5 mo. old German Shepherd...that would not work

I've known people who buy trees that still have their root ball and then they plant them after Christmas. Don't ask me what they do with the big root ball. I'm not sure how you would care for that because I've never had one of those. I've seen them before though. The root ball is wrapped in some kind of canvas and tied.

We are going "treeless" this year. Mostly because we have a 6 month old German Shepard puppy, but, as long as the house is decorated, I won't miss it.

It's obviously a necessity when you have young children however

Fake....like our big media.
A republican should not care about all the negatives. It’s an industry and should never be hurt even if that industry is harmful to the environment. Think of all the jobs lost!
Who is Republican???...certainly not me.

Do you come here NEW every day?
I thought you were. Huh.
Okay...you need to pay attention.
Yes you are! Liar! I look up your anti environment anti obama threads and see a republican.

I don’t care what kind of nut you are in a mixed bag of nuts

Fake....like our big media.
A republican should not care about all the negatives. It’s an industry and should never be hurt even if that industry is harmful to the environment. Think of all the jobs lost!
Who is Republican???...certainly not me.

Do you come here NEW every day?
I thought you were. Huh.
Okay...you need to pay attention.
Yes you are! Liar! I look up your anti environment anti obama threads and see a republican.

I don’t care what kind of nut you are in a mixed bag of nuts

Holy cow.... :anj_stfu:

For years I would take the family and we would cut down a nice blue spruce tree, at a Christmas tree farm. That ended when one July day I walked bare foot through my living room and got a blue spruce needled deeply embedded in my foot.

Ouch! :eek: That has never happened to me. I have, however, stepped on the remnants of a broken ornament that wasn't cleaned up well enough. Those little tiny shards can be very painful and difficult to remove from your toe!

Ouch! :eek: That has never happened to me. I have, however, stepped on the remnants of a broken ornament that wasn't cleaned up well enough. Those little tiny shards can be very painful and difficult to remove from your toe!
Yes it was rather painful and convinced me to NEVER buy another real tree.

I did have some fun with real trees though. I would throw it in my back yard (heavily wooded) after the season was over. Then, in summer I would round up my kids and their friends who were often playing in my back yard, and show them the fire danger of a dried out Christmas tree. I would set it afire. Damn...it would burn up in a matter of seconds.

Yes it was rather painful and convinced me to NEVER buy another real tree.

I did have some fun with real trees though. I would through it in my back yard (heavily wooded) after the season was over. Then, in summer I would round up my kids and their friends who were often playing in my back yard, and show them the fire danger of a dried out Christmas tree. I would set it afire. Damn...it would burn up in a matter of seconds.

If I get a real tree, it is usually around 2 weeks before Christmas, and I keep it well watered. I can't stand to have it up for more than about 2 weeks anyways.

Forum List

Back