Real martial arts

rupol2000

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2021
In the 80s, boxing rose qualitatively, and they began to consider it real again, but now this is no longer relevant. Kickboxing inherits a lot from taekwondo, so it's also not a very real sport. Taekwondo fighters are work for points, they lack rigidity.

MMA turns into complete shit, they only snif asses

Most guys think that Muaythai is still a real martial art. I think so too.

What do you think of Kudo? Does it look real?

What martial arts do you consider real?

Last edited:
I think Thai boxing is real, because I was taught some by a winner at it. He also ate the bait when we went fishin', but that's a different story.

What if I said Dragon and Tiger Kung Fu, hmm?

I know how to whip the Dragon tail all 3 ways.

Not claiming I could do that correct these days. I was taught how to do it, though.

I used to could do it. I used to practice it with ankle weights. Yeah, them days are gone.

They tried to teach me Mantis and drunken kung fu, but I never got that. Little bit of Wing Chun. Not sure what good that is in real world scenarios.

The sleeper hold? Hey! That works. Whipping the Dragon tail? Yeah, that will mess people up.

I would probably wager better than some Tae Kwon Do kicks.

Dragon is all about the hips. You put your hips into it. and it's very effective.

That was good stuff. The Tiger stuff? Yeah, you pull people's muscles loose to neutralize them. At the insertion. There's plenty of other martial arts, but that's what's been useful to me. Dragon and Tiger Kung Fu I would say influenced me the most.

Judo is real and jiu-jitsu is real. I don't know those things.
I do know the sleeper hold and knee and arm breaks.

Did you see that vicious knee kick in your video? That will fuck you up. I do not want to catch any of those. A Dragon knee kick or back hook like that can cripple an opponent. Oh boy, It seems I know a bit more than what I claimed. Whatever. I ain't no black belt, but I know things.

What your boy tried was a lower snap-kick on the knee, it looked like. It damn sure wasn't a reverse-horse (one of the strongest kicks there is)

If successful, you could be out of commission for a while.

I know how to reverse-horse kick your knee and extend it the other way. You will not be walking after that. My goal is to push your joints the other way, always. It's a fight, after all.

Last edited:
  • Banned
I think Thai boxing is real, because I was taught some by a winner at it. He also ate the bait when we went fishin', but that's a different story.

What if I said Dragon and Tiger Kung Fu, hmm?

I know how to whip the Dragon tail all 3 ways.
I think that Kungfu 500 years ago was something real, now it's getting closer to Tai Chi Chuan.
Tai Chi Chuan was also real. All this was developed not for laughter. The Chinese Communists turned it into shit, the roots are lost.

I think that Kungfu 500 years ago was something real, now it's getting closer to Tai Chi Chuan.
Tai Chi Chuan was also real. All this was developed not for laughter. The Chinese Communists turned it into shit, the roots are lost.
Any kung fu I learned was not tai chi related.

Dragon was all about focusing the hips into kicks and punches. Powerful and flowing moves.

Tiger attacks human cartilage, basically. You use your hands to rip peoples' cartilage loose.
Wow, I still remember that stuff, too. I can shove my hand up under any human being's pectoral muscle. :eek:
:dunno:

• Banned
Any kung fu I learned was not tai chi related.

Dragon was all about focusing the hips into kicks and punches. Powerful and flowing moves.

Tiger attacks human cartilage, basically. You use your hands to rip peoples' cartilage loose.
Wow, I still remember that stuff, too. I can shove my hand up under any human being's pectoral muscle. :eek:
:dunno:
I mean theatricality and unreality. It's closer to dancing. Although dancing is useful for developing fighting skills.

There is also different information about Tai Chi, it is not always about fitness for pensioners.

All these martial arts were not just hand-to-hand combat. These were weapons exercises. And this was not the art of chinese peasants but Great Huns

• Banned
By the way, the root "Tai" in Tai Chi itself hints at a relationship with Muay Thai, in general, this root meant something like "kings". Modern Tajiks apparently have something to do with this. In Chinese, there is a word Taiji, which means an aristocratic ruler.

I mean theatricality and unreality. It's closer to dancing. Although dancing is useful for developing fighting skills.

There is also different information about Tai Chi, it is not always about fitness for pensioners.

All these martial arts were not just hand-to-hand combat. These were weapons exercises. And this was not the art of chinese peasants but Great Huns
Wtf ever, brah. You wanna take on my bait-eating friend that's a champion on the thai-boxing underground, motherfucker? I'd highly recommend against that.

How about me? Can I feel your innards? Thai boxing has a lot of knees and bows. I know things he doesn't, even.

For shits and giggles. Look him up if you can. His name is Sun or Son.

He showed me the biggest stack of cash I'd ever seen at that point in my life after winning at the tournaments. that's real. Drug dealers don't make as much as he did.

I can't be positive, but I think this is him:
This looks like him, but I would not swear to it.

I ain't seen him since 1991.

Yes, that is Son. He's a bad motherfucker.

I never forget a face. Especially not somebody that's like family.

And eats the bait when we went fishin'.

I knew he was badass on the underground fighting.

Shiet, he beat 3 nikkos when they tried to steal my bike I loaned him to go to night school with. He said he kicked them right in the face. I believe him.

Yes! That's my friend. He stopped 3 nikkos from stealing my bike by kicking all 3 in the face. :aargh:

Sun does not fuck around. Fuckin' aye right that's him!

He went on to make more money!

I'd still take him fishin' for old time's sake. Only if we could all be together like we were back then.

He'd probably still eat the bait n me and mah super broham would still ignore that happening.

That's exactly the guy I was talking about. He was really fun to be around for us.
He'd buy us booze. Yes, we took him fishing.

And he ate half the bait. :dunno:

Last edited:
Wtf ever, brah. You wanna take on my bait-eating friend that's a champion on the thai-boxing underground, motherfucker? I'd highly recommend against that.

How about me? Can I feel your innards? Thai boxing has a lot of knees and bows. I know things he doesn't, even.

For shits and giggles. Look him up if you can. His name is Sun or Son.

He showed me the biggest stack of cash I'd ever seen at that point in my life after winning at the tournaments. that's real. Drug dealers don't make as much as he did.
Technically, in fact, all blows are the same, in any kind of martial arts you can act realistically, but the policy of one kind or another determines in which direction they should grow, towards clowns or real fighters

Man, I didn't totally believe Sun when he said he had to "Kick 3 big Nikko in the face" because they wanted to steal my bike. Now I feel like an asshole for not believing him.
He most likely actually did that shit. He really wasn't a bullshitter.

This is him:

Wtf?! He's got memes?

I didn't totally disbelieve him, either, I just thought it sounded kinda far-fetched, but he's a fuckin' badass and a half! I already knew he was an underground fighting champion.

I feel like an asshole for doubting him on the story about that.

I bet he kicked the "3 big nikkos" right in the face. Yes, I do.

He was flustered when he came home from school that night.

They tried to steal my bike from him and he kicked their ass.

"Big nikko tried to steal bike, I kick them in face, 3 big nikko"

He really did that
:auiqs.jpg:
I had my doubts, but now I'm not so sure. He's one bad hombre for sure!

Actually I'd rather give him the benefit o\f the doubt. He was always good to us.

Thank you Sun for keeping the "3 big nikko" from stealing my bike and kicking them right in the face. You were far more than I realized.

That absolutely is him. And I feel bad about doubting his story about kicking the "3 big nikko" in the face. I'm sure he actually had to do that shit. It was the fuckin' hood.

Last edited:
In the 80s, boxing rose qualitatively, and they began to consider it real again, but now this is no longer relevant. Kickboxing inherits a lot from taekwondo, so it's also not a very real sport. Taekwondo fighters are work for points, they lack rigidity.

Muay Thai fights might be the most dangerous of any sport
Folks can get severe brain damage and become crippled

Muay Thai is very, very real, especially if you're in an enclosed area and want to end a fight. Knee to the abdomen & ribs or knee to the head, and it's good night, Irene.

Truth is, a lot of martial arts have value if you know what you're doing, and if you can incorporate it into an all around fight game. That's the thing about MMA: you can have different combinations of fighting that can be effectively used.

But fighting in an octagon or ring is different than fighting in a parking lot, and fighting one guy is different than fighting one guy + his crew. And of course, you hope/pray his crew doesn't have weapons.

I've dabbled in martial arts but the muscle that's time and time kept me out of trouble is the one between my ears. Have situational awareness. Know what's going on around you. Know when you're potentially entering a risky situation and be prepared to first talk your way out of it.

But if you've got no choice but to fight then remember, it's either you or the other guy that gets taken to the hospital - or worse. Always enter a fight with that in mind - which by the way is why I like Krav Maga and similar variants. They don't fuck around.

Muaythai fighters are usually fine, which can't be said about Ali

What a stupid fucking post. The guy you responded to wasn't talking about Muhammad Ali, but I guess you got tired of having your ass handed to you in the boxing threads so you needed to toss that out here eh?

Man, I didn't totally believe Sun when he said he had to "Kick 3 big Nikko in the face" because they wanted to steal my bike. Now I feel like an asshole for not believing him.
He most likely actually did that shit. He really wasn't a bullshitter.

This is him:

Wtf?! He's got memes?

I didn't totally disbelieve him, either, I just thought it sounded kinda far-fetched, but he's a fuckin' badass and a half! I already knew he was an underground fighting champion.

I feel like an asshole for doubting him on the story about that.

I bet he kicked the "3 big nikkos" right in the face. Yes, I do.

He was flustered when he came home from school that night.

They tried to steal my bike from him and he kicked their ass.

"Big nikko tried to steal bike, I kick them in face, 3 big nikko"

He really did that
:auiqs.jpg:
I had my doubts, but now I'm not so sure. He's one bad hombre for sure!

Actually I'd rather give him the benefit o\f the doubt. He was always good to us.

Thank you Sun for keeping the "3 big nikko" from stealing my bike and kicking them right in the face. You were far more than I realized.

That absolutely is him. And I feel bad about doubting his story about kicking the "3 big nikko" in the face. I'm sure he actually had to do that shit. It was the fuckin' hood.

Nice liver shot at 4:08 lol.

Speaking of destroyed livers, ever hear of Bas Rutten? That guy was addicted to destroying opponents' livers.

Nice liver shot at 4:08 lol.

Speaking of destroyed livers, ever hear of Bas Rutten? That guy was addicted to destroying opponents' livers.
I have. That was a long time ago. When Royce Gracie ruled MMA.

Last edited:
I have. That was a long time ago. When Royce Gracie ruled MMA.

Rutten never really did a lot of what most people think of as actual MMA but he would have been successful at it, no doubt. Pancrase was a Japanese MMA before PRIDE came along and Rutten was a dominant force in the ring. I have no doubt he could have taken care of himself in the Octagon or PRIDE fight ring had MMA come along earlier and had he wanted to take it more seriously.

Forum List

Back