Ready for another war, kids?

Obama warns Assad against chemical weapons use - Arlington Foreign Policy | Examiner.com

"Hope" so... Because the more things "Change"... The more they stay the same. :thup:

Edited to add this for the Liberals who have already come in and Continued the Lie that Saddam never had WMD:

Saddam had them... The UN Documented and Sealed 109 Facilities with Banned Long Range Missiles and WMD in them just before our Invasion...

They were "Missing" once we were done play Footsies with the Frogs and the UN.

Fact not Fiction.
:thup:

:)

peace...

is that what rush is telling people to say, hon? or is it fauxnews? they're pretending the chemicals came from iraq?

if so, see how pointless bush's war of choice was?

Actually...it is logic that tells us......the WMD's went somewhere...

Where do you think they went?

the discussion was about the half life of Sarin...and I cited a report that showed how the half life issue of Sarin was elimninated nearly 20 years ago.

No. The half life of sarin was worked around by keeping the precursors separate. But before you even posted that, I had already showed the precursors themselves have been found by experts to have a shelf life of 5 years.

Iraq was invaded 10 years ago. Therefore, it is EXTREMELY unlikely Syria's sarin precursors are Saddam Hussein's precursors.

You are trying very, very hard to find a linkage to make your will ass assumption true.

Many intelligence agencies knew the Sarin was there in Iraq.....yet none was found after months of Hussein being told "we coming to get you"...

So where did it go?

Why not Syria?

Or does that not fit perfectly in your "Bush Lied" Mantra?

If there were sarin precursors in Iraq and if Saddam Hussein somehow managed to get them out of Iraq before the invasion, that shit expired at least 5 years ago and is now useless and was probably destroyed that half a decade ago, and therefore irrelevant to the current situation in Syria.

Last edited:
Obama warns Assad against chemical weapons use - Arlington Foreign Policy | Examiner.com

"Hope" so... Because the more things "Change"... The more they stay the same. :thup:

Edited to add this for the Liberals who have already come in and Continued the Lie that Saddam never had WMD:

Saddam had them... The UN Documented and Sealed 109 Facilities with Banned Long Range Missiles and WMD in them just before our Invasion...

Fact not Fiction.

peace...

is that what rush is telling people to say, hon? or is it fauxnews? they're pretending the chemicals came from iraq?

and a link was posted earlier which said the chemicals came from egypt.

again, it may have been from saddam... which makes 4,000 people dying in iraq even sadder

Fact not Fiction.

peace...

Mal.

Syria's not some third world backwater when it comes to it's military.

They had and have more gear then Iraq.

They didn't need anything from Iraq.

Jeez Sallow.....how diud our intelligence, UK's intelligence and Israels intelligence miss it?

Oh yeah...Syria has been a very stable, calm, pure democracy...we had no reason to be watching what they do.

Gimme a break.

How did you come to that conclusion?

Syria's had a huge military for quite some time.

Doesn't mean they are a democracy.

Mal.

Syria's not some third world backwater when it comes to it's military.

They had and have more gear then Iraq.

They didn't need anything from Iraq.

Jeez Sallow.....how diud our intelligence, UK's intelligence and Israels intelligence miss it?

Oh yeah...Syria has been a very stable, calm, pure democracy...we had no reason to be watching what they do.

Gimme a break.

Mine was of sarcasm sallow.

Syria has a big military and if they were experimenting with WMD's we would have known about it.

Fact not Fiction.

peace...

You guys are funny.

Iraq somehow had massive amounts of WMDs after what? 2 or three wars and constant bombings?

Then, instead of using them to defend themselves against the biggest invasion in their history..they move them to Syria.

Yeah..that makes a whole lot of sense.

Gimme a break.

Mine was of sarcasm sallow.

Syria has a big military and if they were experimenting with WMD's we would have known about it.

What?

Experimenting?

Why in the world would they need to do that?

Sarin itself has a shelf life of just a few weeks.

Keeping the precursors separate provides a shelf life of about 5 years:

Nations stockpiling sarin have tried to overcome the problem of its short shelf life in three ways. One way is to lengthen the shelf life of unitary (pure) sarin by increasing the purity of the precursor and intermediate chemicals and refining the production process. Another way to increase shelf life is by incorporating a stabilizer chemical. Initially used was tributylamine, but later this was replaced by diisopropylcarbodiimide (DIC), which allowed for sarin to be stored in aluminum casings. Finally, stockpiling of sarin can be improved by developing binary chemical weapons, where the two precursor chemicals are stored separately in the same shell, and mixed to form the agent immediately before or when the shell is in flight. This approach has the dual benefit of making the issue of shelf life irrelevant and greatly increasing the safety of sarin munitions. However, experts do not put the shelf life of this type of weapon past 5 years.

Sarin - New World Encyclopedia

The invasion of Iraq was nearly 10 years ago, people.

Since you're so knowledgable. What's the shelf life of VX (a & b) gas, Lewisite gas, and Yellow Rain?

Fact not Fiction.

peace...

Question: What SHOULD the President do if Assad uses chemical weapons on the rebels?

(Yes, he has them. And, he had them before the Iraq invasion.)

No answer yet from the bloviator's, I see.

Anybody?

Anybody?

Anybody?

the discussion was about the half life of Sarin...and I cited a report that showed how the half life issue of Sarin was elimninated nearly 20 years ago.

No. The half life of sarin was worked around by keeping the precursors separate. But before you even posted that, I had already showed the precursors themselves have been found by experts to have a shelf life of 5 years.

Iraq was invaded 10 years ago. Therefore, it is EXTREMELY unlikely Syria's sarin precursors are Saddam Hussein's precursors.

You are trying very, very hard to find a linkage to make your will ass assumption true.

Many intelligence agencies knew the Sarin was there in Iraq.....yet none was found after months of Hussein being told "we coming to get you"...

So where did it go?

Why not Syria?

Or does that not fit perfectly in your "Bush Lied" Mantra?

If there were sarin precursors in Iraq and if Saddam Hussein somehow managed to get them out of Iraq before the invasion, that shit expired at least 5 years ago and is now useless and was probably destroyed that half a decade ago, and therefore irrelevant to the current situation in Syria.

Read this article...then go to the list of precursors that can be used...and look up their haolf life's..

http://laboratoryofhiddenalternatives.wordpress.com/2012/12/03/seriously-syria-sarin/

I checked one in the middle which has a half life of 140 years.....

Look...I am curious what happened to those WMD's.

I found it hard to believe that the our intelligence agencies, the UK's, Australias and Israels all lied on Bush's behalf.

Hillary not able to produce proof that Bush cherry picked intel was also a solid clue.

Why are you so quick to say "impossible"?

You guys are funny.

Iraq somehow had massive amounts of WMDs after what? 2 or three wars and constant bombings?

Then, instead of using them to defend themselves against the biggest invasion in their history..they move them to Syria.

thank you. your response was better than mine.

You guys are funny.

Another "non military" genius.

FYI...taking the capital of a country requires very few boots on the ground who would be affected by WMD's.....

The subsequent fighting of the spread out forces takes thousands of boots on the ground.

He knew he was going to lose his country...he tried to do exactly what happened....get the world to blame Bush for picking on an innocent man....it was his only chance of saving his dictatorship.

Since you're so knowledgable. What's the shelf life of VX (a & b) gas, Lewisite gas, and Yellow Rain?

I see the point has sailed a mile over your head.

It is being ASSUMED these precursors in Syria are from Iraq without the piss drinkers asking even the simplest of critical thinking questions.

Don't tell me you all knew the shelf life of the precursors. It never even occurred to you to wonder. You had a bias and drank the piss like good little rubes.

You guys are funny.

thank you. your response was better than mine.
the flu is better than small pox...but it doesnt mean the flu is a good thing.

You do not understand military strategy enough to debate his answer.

I see the point has sailed a mile over your head.

It is being ASSUMED these precursors in Syria are from Iraq without the piss drinkers asking even the simplest of critical thinking questions.

Don't tell me you all knew the shelf life of the precursors. It never even occurred to you to wonder. You had a bias and drank the piss like good little rubes.

Nor did you.

We gave our opinion....you then cited the half life issue....giving reason for us to doubt our opinion.

SO I did further research...as did others....and found that the half life issue is NOT a valid reason to discount the WMD transfer from Iraq to Syria.

You, it seems, want to quickly discount that as a possibility...making you guilty of what you accuse us of.

Read this article...then go to the list of precursors that can be used...and look up their haolf life's..

Seriously Syria. Sarin? | Laboratory of Hidden Alternatives

Then link to it, and prove it is a sarin precursor.

I found it hard to believe that the our intelligence agencies, the UK's, Australias and Israels all lied on Bush's behalf.

Hillary not able to produce proof that Bush cherry picked intel was also a solid clue.

I am not quick to say impossible. I am just not a piss drinker who is quick to believe something without a single critical thought.

No one even stopped to wonder what the shelf life of the precursors are to see if it was even possible Syria's could be from Iraq. They just drank the piss without question.

So I asked the question.

And then I did my best to discover the answer, and it appears extremely unlikely Syria's precursors belonged to Hussein.

There is nothing wrong with questioning the validity of the wild ass assumptions. This board would be much improved if more people did so.

peace...

You lying little ass suck. Not one mention of Iraq in your piece. Is English your second language? Perhaps you ought to understand a worthless article from a loon site, before pretending it means something else.

yeah. come on mal. You might as well have cited WND (Santorums new digs ;) ) :clap2:

This whole thread is just an incredibly thin argument, with no proof whatsoever.

I counter with this:

Ronald Reagan gave Syria the chemical weapons.

Prove me wrong.

Then link to it, and prove it is a sarin precursor.

I am not quick to say impossible. I am just not a piss drinker who is quick to believe something without a single critical thought.

No one even stopped to wonder what the shelf life of the precursors are to see if it was even possible Syria's could be from Iraq. They just drank the piss without question.

So I asked the question.

And then I did my best to discover the answer, and it appears extremely unlikely Syria's precursors belonged to Hussein.

There is nothing wrong with questioning the validity of the wild ass assumptions. This board would be much improved if more people did so.

Excuse me...the moment you posted the "shelf life" thing, I backed off and read up on it....and was able to produce information that discounted it.....I have not made any judgement calls...I am debating how IT IS POSSIBLE that they came from Iraq....NOT THAT THEY DID.

And I made it clear that if they did, it would answewr the question we ALL should have been asking for 10 years...How is it possible that the intelligence agencies of so many countries were wrong...and WHY DIDNT HILLARY produce proof that GWB cherry picked intel when he sent 4000 men and women to their deaths?

And why did she only say he cherry picked it when she was asked how it is that she can campaign so fierceloky against a war she voted for....

And FYI...

THIS IS A DEBATE BOARD......

now back the fuck off.

I've looked at that list and some of them are precursors to the precursors to the precursors.

For example, Triethyl phosphite

Synthetic routes for the synthesis of [14C] sarin and related nerve agents are described. Triethyl phosphite and [14C] methyl iodide are reacted in the Michaelis–Arbusov reaction to produce diethyl methyl phosphonate which is converted to methylphosphonic acid by hydrolysis. After chlorination and subsequent fluorination the final product is formed by reaction with the appropriate alcohol.

Triethyl phosphite is commercially available and is not a restricted substance under the Chemical Weapons Convention.

Forum List

Back