Read This If You Believe Your Candidate Lost Due to Third-Party Voters

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
A bunch of idiots are whinging about the fact their party lost, and blaming people like me.

Sorry, it ain't my fault you guys let an idiot lose to a moron.

So it turns out Terry McAuliffe and Ken Cuccinelli were able to draw away enough votes to keep Robert Sarvis from winning Virginia’s governor’s race. I hope the folks who put those guys on the ballot are happy.

• We don’t like your candidate.
  • You need to make an actual case for your candidate.
  • Don’t presume to tell us what we believe.
  • No really, don’t pull this blue versus red crap on us.
  • Respect that voters determine their own political priorities.
Read This If You Believe Your Candidate Lost Due to Third-Party Voters - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Good example is the Virginia race. Robert Sarvis was funded by an Obama bundler, and billionaire from Texas. Had Sarvis not been running, Cuccinelli would be the Governor now.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox
Good example is the Virginia race. Robert Sarvis was funded by an Obama bundler, and billionaire from Texas. Had Sarvis not been running, Cuccinelli would be the Governor now.

On what basis can you assume libertarians would vote for a republican? Based on what numbers? Just accept the fact the GOP botched the election by not funding Cuccinelli and is declining in popularity. The GOP is a dead horse.

Cucinelli lost by 56,000 votes, + or -. Sarvis collected 145,000, courtesy of the Texas Obama bundler.

Virginia Election Map - County by County (Vanity)

The District of Columbia was, and still is Boomtown USA, courtesy of the influx of Democrats during the last five years from all over descending on the district to help Comrade Barack loot the country and the US Treasury.

Last edited:

On what basis can you assume libertarians would vote for a republican? Based on what numbers? Just accept the fact the GOP botched the election by not funding Cuccinelli and is declining in popularity. The GOP is a dead horse.

What are you talking about? Libertarians will vote for any Republican that comes close to their ideals, i.e. Ted Cruz, Rand Paul. I am a libertarian myself, I knew from the get go Sarvis was a fake. You are a troll from the looks of it. You could be a sock, but I will leave that determination up to the higher authorities.

Last edited:

What are you talking about? Libertarians will vote for any Republican that comes close to their ideals, i.e. Ted Cruz, Rand Paul. I am a libertarian myself, I knew from the get go Sarvis was a fake. You are a troll from the looks of it. You could be a sock, but I will leave that determination up to the higher authorities.

So you self project your views on everyone else, how is this a reasonable metric to go by?

So I am a troll because I don't accept the American political zeitgeist? Get real buddy. I don't know how long you have been a libertarian, but you better get used to disappointment.

So you self project your views on everyone else, how is this a reasonable metric to go by?

I project my ideas on no one. But what exactly are you doing, exactly? You seem to know how libertarians vote. How about it, Nostradamus? You smell of a plant.

Last edited:

What exactly are you doing, exactly? You seem to know how libertarians vote. How about it, Nostradamus?

Actually, I never claimed to know. This is why I have said GOP assumptions about all Sarvis costing Cuccinelli the election are unfounded and have no numbers backing them up. Try harder buddy.

Don't get mad at Sarvis or at me because the national GOP hated Cuccinelli and wouldn't give him any money.

So I am a troll because I don't accept the American political zeitgeist? Get real buddy. I don't know how long you have been a libertarian, but you better get used to disappointment.

The length of my membership in the Libertarian party is irrelevant. Only kooks and tin foil heads would use words like 'zeitgeist' and such.

So are you saying Sarvis was a real libertarian? Or is this just a knee-jerk reaction?

What exactly are you doing, exactly? You seem to know how libertarians vote. How about it, Nostradamus?

Actually, I never claimed to know. This is why I have said GOP assumptions about all Sarvis costing Cuccinelli the election are unfounded and have no numbers backing them up. Try harder buddy.

Don't get mad at Sarvis or at me because the national GOP hated Cuccinelli and wouldn't give him any money.

Does this ring a bell, or do you have the short term memory of a goldfish?

The length of my membership in the Libertarian party is irrelevant. Only kooks and tin foil heads would use words like 'zeitgeist' and such.

So are you saying Sarvis was a real libertarian? Or is this just a knee-jerk reaction?

Most people view you as a kook or tin foil head, just so you know. I don't care what most people think. Most people are idiots that support the current political system.

I don't know much about Sarvis, don't care, but no one has provided conclusive evidence he cost Cuccinelli the election.

Does this ring a bell, or do you have the short term memory of a goldfish?

It does ring a bell, I posted it. So how does the GOP not giving Cuccinelli money become the fault of Sarvis?

So what you're saying is that you knew that Sarvis was a fake but the Libertarian Party was not aware of the fact that their candidate for Governor was not really a Libertarian? Um...OK, roll with that if it makes you feel better.

Iceman asked you to show some sort of data proving your allegation that Sarvis cost the GOP the election, you responded by calling him a troll, implying that he's a sock puppet, and saying that you are a libertarian. I can play that game too, I'm not a Libertarian but I know quite a few Libertarians and many of them do not like the GOP.

Just face it, your party screwed the TP candidate...again. I see a pattern developing.

If Sarvis hadn't bee running Cuccinelli would have lost by 10 points.

A bunch of idiots are whinging about the fact their party lost, and blaming people like me.

Sorry, it ain't my fault you guys let an idiot lose to a moron.

So it turns out Terry McAuliffe and Ken Cuccinelli were able to draw away enough votes to keep Robert Sarvis from winning Virginia’s governor’s race. I hope the folks who put those guys on the ballot are happy.

• We don’t like your candidate.
  • You need to make an actual case for your candidate.
  • Don’t presume to tell us what we believe.
  • No really, don’t pull this blue versus red crap on us.
  • Respect that voters determine their own political priorities.
Read This If You Believe Your Candidate Lost Due to Third-Party Voters - Hit & Run : Reason.com

That's Not what Statist Progressives think at all. Statist Progressives want to determine the political priorities for us, both blue and red.

Forum List

Back