Rant Thread

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
sometimes you just want to say something to someone and either won't or can't.
well at least *I* do....... so

PLEASE leave me the fuck alone! I have 2 days left to wrap up my job - so stop demanding all my attention. You know I have a lot to do but you just won't shut the fuck up and leave me alone!

I have a rant!!!

My 12 y.o. son is having trouble in his science class. He just returned to my house after spending 6 months in Washington with his brother and sister in law, and has only been back in class here for about 2 weeks.

He's a very smart kid, he was in the TAG program (except he hated it so he's not in it anymore). Naturally he's a challenge, all my kids are, because they're very strong willed and smart, and in their adolescent years quite challenging. But they are kind and, like I said, their minds are good, so it's just a matter of winning them over and figuring out how to get the most of them. Not that big a deal, but every now and then we run up against a teacher who will butt heads with them. I have learned to approach these situations directly and sympathetically, I know how frustrating it can be.

Anyway, he's having issues in his science class, says the teacher won't help him, is snotty to him, and sends him to in class detention when he tries to get information out of her. I know there must be more to it than that, so my approach is, let's focus on the academics. Bring your homework home, I don't care if you understand it or not, just bring it and let's sit down and start there.

So he did, and last night we spent an hour on homework (genetics) and I sent him with it finished and called her this morning to touch bases.

She came UNGLUED on me, she ranted at me about how awful my kid is, and how disruptive, and how all the other teachers think so too, and how he's right back to "where he was" (huh? Nobody said anything to me about there being a problem at the beginning of the year) and you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink (she said that about 8 times) and how he's not learning ANYTHING and blah blah blah blah...

I literally couldn't get a word in edgewise, but you know me, I did anyway.

So I said, hm, you sound really angry and frustrated, I think we need to get him out of your class. And her response was "No he HAS to take the class" and I thought, oh really, you really believe that? And she went on to say that she and a couple of other teachers were giving up their lunch hours to tutor all the kids who were having trouble, but he never came (and I was like, oh, so other kids are having trouble? And she said "No I didn't say that" and I was like, oh, so they come because they like to spend that time with you? what utter horseshit.) By now I was mad and making no bones about it. I was desperately trying to get off the freaking phone but she would get rolling again and I'd have to listen to another spiel about how horrible my son is...

And finally I essentially hung up on her. I called the principal, who was appalled, and immediately called another mother who's also a teacher (fifth grade) who is my good friend and whose kids are friends with my kids...she wasn't there, so I left a message.

I told the principal, I dropped my boy off this morning telling him to just get along, and do his best, and not get mad, and with the assumption that probably the problem is primarily his..but after talking to the teacher, I don't want him exposed to that! She was a lunatic, and she was angry, and I'm like, he is going to react really strongly to that every single time and I'm not going to subject him to that, it just sets him up for failure, and insanity. Plus she was mad because she'd spoken to me, and she sounded angry...

He sounded like he'd heard it before, said he would intercept the boy before class and talk to the teacher.

In the meantime, my friend called me back, and she said she'd gone through the exact same thing with her son and the same teacher! There are kids who have never been in trouble before who are getting sent to in house detention regularly...my boss's daughter (who never gets into trouble) one of the other TAG girls who sings the national anthem at UO games periodically...she said the teacher is insane, that her husband refers to her as "that bitch". Almost word for word what I heard about my boy she heard about hers..these are honor roll students.

Ok. So about an hour later, the teacher calls me back, and apologizes profusely to me for being so abrasive. Even then, when she was being nice, we were like, yeah, my son is smart but he can be challenging and she was like "yes he's really street smart"...I was like WTF???? Who says that shit? I was like, he is not street smart, lol. Omg the kid wouldn't stay alone in our house for the time it took me to get a gallon of milk 3 blocks away until he was almost 12 years old.

Anyway, that's my rant. What a fucking bitch. My poor kid lol. All of the sixth grade parents are having the same conversation with their children..."well, this is practice for being in the real world, where you frequently have to deal with batshit crazy assholes who say dumbass shit and are just really super unpleasant no matter what you do. Try not to attract their attention, try not to engage with them, don't lose sleep over them." I'll bet the principal is sick of hearing about her though. He sounded a bit fed up when I talked to him.

She sounds threatened by kids/people more intelligent than her. What a mess!
I'm very fortunate to NOT have had to deal with anything like that with my kids... (well my 2nd born I did but he really was bad!!)

my 2nd rant .....

When I am in a shitty and/or quiet mood DO NOT TRY TO BE FUNNY OR JOKE WITH ME! Why? You know I'm in a shit mood and if I cop attitude with you or don't laugh you are going to get all shitty about it and then start a fight. Are you slow or just trying to created shit? What part of "when I'm in a bad mood I like to be left alone" do you understand? Have I not said this 500 times?

It's a small school, only one sixth grade science teacher.

There was even more but you get the drift, what a psycho. That's what we have to put up with in schools these days. She's also an environut, incidentally (or perhaps not incidentally).

There was even more but you get the drift, what a psycho. That's what we have to put up with in schools these days. She's also an environut, incidentally (or perhaps not incidentally).

If it's a private school that is unfortunate. I know there is a private school in our county that has people teaching that didn't even go to college....

If it's a private school that is unfortunate. I know there is a private school in our county that has people teaching that didn't even go to college....
No it's a public school. The science teacher that was hired by the district was diagnosed with leukemia at the beginning of the year, so they had a substitute teacher for a few weeks, then this yahoo came in...she told me all this while she was talking about how awful my kid was, when I asked her about a class plan or syllabus or anything that would give me an idea of what the academics of the class were about. So she's a temporary teacher, she isn't even listed on the school website staff page. We're just fucking stuck with her, because.

Literally anybody would do a better job. The kids aren't learning science, period. They're just learning what it's like to work with a crazy, temperamental, defensive bitch.

Forum List

Back