Rand paul rand paul rand paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes where are the Republicans now that drumpf has violated the law? Where's all the 'law and order' claptrap now.
No law violated. That's lefty propaganda.
This has a bigger picture. As much as a response to the intolerable act of using WMD, this was to send a message to North Korea, who does pose a serious threat to US national security. When N Korea launches a nuke missile strike, there won't be time to consider a response in Congress.
Deterrence is the best response.
Well that's idiotic. We bomb Syria to "deter" North Korea?!? :uhh:

We bomb everybody. To deter everybody!

Yes where are the Republicans now that drumpf has violated the law? Where's all the 'law and order' claptrap now.
No law violated. That's lefty propaganda.
This has a bigger picture. As much as a response to the intolerable act of using WMD, this was to send a message to North Korea, who does pose a serious threat to US national security. When N Korea launches a nuke missile strike, there won't be time to consider a response in Congress.
Deterrence is the best response.
Well that's idiotic. We bomb Syria to "deter" North Korea?!? :uhh:
Yes. Syria provided the opportunity and N Korea is the threat.

Dumb. Really fucking dumb.
I didn't write the U.S. Constitution, snowflake. Nor did I ratify it. I wasn't around back then. However, it's not half as dumb as your desire for a single man to have unlimited military powers. It takes a really stupid boy to desire a Saddam Hussein.

I suggest you educate yourself on the the history of warfare and how it has changed since the Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution. Go back and research the War Powers Act and why it was passed.

"The War Powers Resolution requires the President to notify Congress within 48 hours of committing armed forces to military action and forbids armed forces from remaining for more than 60 days, with a further 30-day withdrawal period,"
War Powers Resolution - Wikipedia

What did Trump not do?
Dude...this is the equivalent of Dumbocrats citing Obamacare as "proof" that they can force the American people to purchase a good or service. Just because Congress passes something, doesn't mean it is constitutional.

The "War Powers Act" should have been the "War Powers amendment" if they wanted it to be legal and upheld. The U.S. Constitution trumps any and all laws (including the "War Powers Act"). And the U.S. Constitution clearly states that the power to declare war resides with Congress.

Trump did not declare war on Syria, so stop being an ass about it.

If it is unconstitutional, why has no one tried to have it overturned in the 44 years since it was enacted?

If it is unconstitutional, why has no one tried to have it overturned in the 44 years since it was enacted?
  • Sadly, most Americans are completely ignorant of the U.S. Constitution
  • Sadly, most Americans are completely ignorant of federal legislation
  • The left lives to concentrate power into the hands of the president so that when a Dumbocrat sits in the Oval Office, they can do whatever they desire. That eliminates a certain portion of the population right off the bat
  • Of the percentage of Americans left, most don't have the money to fight it all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court
  • Dozens of other reasons - stop asking stupid questions out of desperation

Let's let Congress debate it for two weeks, so the Russians and Syrians will have plenty of time to shore up their defenses.
That's how the U.S. Constitution is written, snowflake. It's designed to avoid one man causing the entire nation to get into a war we don't want to be in.
You need to get your head out of your ass and start thinking of how stupid that sounds.
Spare me your Marine "tough guy" routine. Trust me when I tell you that you're talking to the wrong man. You need to get your faux jar-head out of your ass and realize that the U.S. Constitution is the supreme law of the land.
The Russian missiles are on the way! Let's schedule Congress to take up a declaration of war resolution later this week!
Congress would schedule an immediate emergency session in your desperate scenario and the president would receive 100% of the vote for war (and you know it). Not even the most ardent left-wing jack-ass is going to vote against action if Russian missiles had been launched on the U.S.

Do you know the flight time for a submarine-launched cruise missile launched off the east coast to Washington DC? I do!

By the time anyone got the word and started heading for the door, they would never need a nightlight because they would glow in the dark for whatever minutes or seconds they had to live if the initial blast did not kill them!

What if Congress was on recess in their home districts and states? What do you do then?

That is the type of idiocy you are proposing.

You need a user name change. Ignorant Patriot would be appropriate.

• Sadly, most Americans are completely ignorant of the U.S. Constitution
  • Sadly, most Americans are completely ignorant of federal legislation
  • The left lives to concentrate power into the hands of the president so that when a Dumbocrat sits in the Oval Office, they can do whatever they desire. That eliminates a certain portion of the population right off the bat
  • Of the percentage of Americans left, most don't have the money to fight it all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court
  • Dozens of other reasons - stop asking stupid questions out of desperation

Apparently you fall into many of those categories. Despite all attempt to make you think, you cling to 18th century thinking and technology.

Do you know the flight time for a submarine-launched cruise missile launched off the east coast to Washington DC? I do!
Do you know the real time for a fascist dictator to take control? I do! The U.S. Constitution is the supreme law of the land and says what it says, snowflake. If you don't like it - tough shit. Either amend it or accept the fact that the American people have spoken and could care less about your irrational little panic attacks.

I'm not "proposing" shit, you nitwit. I'm simply telling you what the U.S. Constitution says. You can't even seem to figure out what is being discussed here. It's certainly not anything about me or "proposals" by me.

You want to ignore the War Powers Act. That is a proposal.

Despite all your protestations, you apparently have the same level of knowledge of our Constitution, laws, and military technology as a middle school student.

Let's let Congress debate it for two weeks, so the Russians and Syrians will have plenty of time to shore up their defenses.
That's how the U.S. Constitution is written, snowflake. It's designed to avoid one man causing the entire nation to get into a war we don't want to be in.
You need to get your head out of your ass and start thinking of how stupid that sounds.
Spare me your Marine "tough guy" routine. Trust me when I tell you that you're talking to the wrong man. You need to get your faux jar-head out of your ass and realize that the U.S. Constitution is the supreme law of the land.
The Russian missiles are on the way! Let's schedule Congress to take up a declaration of war resolution later this week!
Congress would schedule an immediate emergency session in your desperate scenario and the president would receive 100% of the vote for war (and you know it). Not even the most ardent left-wing jack-ass is going to vote against action if Russian missiles had been launched on the U.S.

By the time anyone got the word and started heading for the door, they would never need a nightlight because they would glow in the dark for whatever minutes or seconds they had to live if the initial blast did not kill them!

What if Congress was on recess in their home districts and states? What do you do then?

Are you familiar with section 2(C) of the War Powers Resolution. You should be. Read it and tell us again how Trump was not in violation of the constitution.

(c) The constitutional powers of the President as Commander-in-Chief to introduce United States Armed Forces into hostilities, or into situations where imminent involvement in hostilities is clearly indicated by the circumstances, are exercised only pursuant to (1) a declaration of war, (2) specific statutory authorization, or (3) a national emergency created by attack upon the United States, its territories or possessions, or its armed forces.

Yeah....because we have no technology. No phones. No video conferencing. No emails. No texting. Gee...whatever would we do? :eusa_doh:

Congress cannot vote without being in chambers. Learn young grasshopper and you will see the stupidity in your reasoning.

We had phones in December 1941 too. Congress did not meet until the next day. I wonder why they didn't just "phone in" the declaration of war?

Are you familiar with section 2(C) of the War Powers Resolution. You should be. Read it and tell us again how Trump was not in violation of the constitution.

(c) The constitutional powers of the President as Commander-in-Chief to introduce United States Armed Forces into hostilities, or into situations where imminent involvement in hostilities is clearly indicated by the circumstances, are exercised only pursuant to (1) a declaration of war, (2) specific statutory authorization, or (3) a national emergency created by attack upon the United States, its territories or possessions, or its armed forces.

We have armed forces in Syria. Allowing Syria to maintain its chemical weapons capability was a threat to them also.

Besides, Congress would be on CNN laying out the plans within 5 minutes of being notified.

We have armed forces in Syria. Allowing Syria to maintain its chemical weapons capability was a threat to them also.

Besides, Congress would be on CNN laying out the plans within 5 minutes of being notified.
There was no national emergency created by an attack.

In your opinion. Take Trump to court and see how well you fare!

You think that what happened in Syria constituted a national emergency? How far up Trump's ass are you?

What a stupid comment. Guess what - the left took President Trump to court over his very legal, very constitutional travel ban.

Taking someone to court is absolutely no indication of whether they are right or whether they are wrong. It's only an indication of the people bringing the charges.

Then you properly charge them with disseminating classified information. Once one or two of them are sitting in prison, that shit will stop right away.

You're justifications here for violating the U.S. Constitution are as idiotic as the lefts.

Trump struck fear into the hearts of his enemies and united the world behind his leadership.

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

What bullshit. He warned them ahead of time. Zero casualties. Trump needed to look tough. Who will he bomb next without congressional approval?

Well according to Obama military action has already been approved for Syria, also, under the war powers act the POTUS can use force for upto 60 days without seeking a AUMF. Furthermore; yes the President does need to look tough on the global stage, especially after 8 years of Obama's weakness, incompetence, and leading from behind.
Amazing how unconstitutional hypocritical and ignorant you rinos are proving to be

Forum List

Back