Rand paul rand paul rand paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes where are the Republicans now that drumpf has violated the law? Where's all the 'law and order' claptrap now.

Where were you when Obama was launching strikes in Syria for years?

So your whole argument for anyone you disagree with is "well someone else did it".

The 7th grade pinnacle of thought.

Just wondering if you condemned Obama for doing the exact same thing which you didn't because your a hypocrital little shill, eat shit and die.

Mad Dog Mattis on Syria, 2013

C8_ikd0XgAQS41l.jpg

"While we all condemn the atrocities in Syria, the United States was not attacked," Paul said in a statement shortly after reports that the U.S. had launched more than 50 Tomahawk cruise missiles against an airfield in Syria.

"The President needs congressional authorization for military action as required by the Constitution, and I call on him to come to Congress for a proper debate," Paul said. "Our prior interventions in this region have done nothing to make us safer, and Syria will be no different."

Dr. Paul is correct. Perhaps this military intervention is justified, perhaps not, but either way, the Constitution requires Congressional authorization. .

Please quote that portion of the Constitution.

Yes where are the Republicans now that drumpf has violated the law? Where's all the 'law and order' claptrap now.
I've called him out multiples times since the bombing. So have other conservatives. The problem - as usual - is that you only see what you want to see and you only hear what you want to hear.

And none of us liberals are saying Trump did the wrong thing. What we are saying is Republicans are hypocrites. And we want to know why Republicans aren't upset that Trump didn't seek Congressional approval?
He doesn't need it

Dr. Paul is correct. Perhaps this military intervention is justified, perhaps not, but either way, the Constitution requires Congressional authorization. .

Article I, Section 8, Clause 11 of the U.S. Constitution grants Congress the power to declare war. The President, meanwhile, derives the power to direct the military after a Congressional declaration of war from Article II, Section 2, which names the President Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces.

Section 8. "The Congress shall have Power to....To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;”

Excerpt From: States, United. “The United States Constitution.” iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.

And none of us liberals are saying Trump did the wrong thing. What we are saying is Republicans are hypocrites. And we want to know why Republicans aren't upset that Trump didn't seek Congressional approval?
He doesn't need it
He does need it. He absolutely is required by law (the U.S. Constitution) to seek congressional approval for military action.

Last edited:
This is why Rand Paul was my #1 choice from the beginning. Nobody has more respect for the U.S. Constitiution than Rand Paul does. He would have made a great president (though, admittedly, Donald Trump has made me look like a fool for the most part for being a "Never Trump" guy as he has largely been exceptional thus far).

Article I, Section 8, Clause 11 of the U.S. Constitution grants Congress the power to declare war. The President, meanwhile, derives the power to direct the military after a Congressional declaration of war from Article II, Section 2, which names the President Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces.

Section 8. "The Congress shall have Power to....To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;”

Excerpt From: States, United. “The United States Constitution.” iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.

Let's let Congress debate it for two weeks, so the Russians and Syrians will have plenty of time to shore up their defenses.

You need to get your head out of your ass and start thinking of how stupid that sounds.

The Russian missiles are on the way! Let's schedule Congress to take up a declaration of war resolution later this week!

Trump struck fear into the hearts of his enemies and united the world behind his leadership.

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP
Trump warned Russia who pulled troops & equipment out of the attack zone & warned Syria.

We wasted 70 million dollars for nothing.

Let's let Congress debate it for two weeks, so the Russians and Syrians will have plenty of time to shore up their defenses.
That's how the U.S. Constitution is written, snowflake. It's designed to avoid one man causing the entire nation to get into a war we don't want to be in.
You need to get your head out of your ass and start thinking of how stupid that sounds.
Spare me your Marine "tough guy" routine. Trust me when I tell you that you're talking to the wrong man. You need to get your faux jar-head out of your ass and realize that the U.S. Constitution is the supreme law of the land.
The Russian missiles are on the way! Let's schedule Congress to take up a declaration of war resolution later this week!
Congress would schedule an immediate emergency session in your desperate scenario and the president would receive 100% of the vote for war (and you know it). Not even the most ardent left-wing jack-ass is going to vote against action if Russian missiles had been launched on the U.S.

Dumb. Really fucking dumb.
I didn't write the U.S. Constitution, snowflake. Nor did I ratify it. I wasn't around back then. However, it's not half as dumb as your desire for a single man to have unlimited military powers. It takes a really stupid boy to desire a Saddam Hussein.

I suggest you educate yourself on the the history of warfare and how it has changed since the Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution. Go back and research the War Powers Act and why it was passed.

"The War Powers Resolution requires the President to notify Congress within 48 hours of committing armed forces to military action and forbids armed forces from remaining for more than 60 days, with a further 30-day withdrawal period,"
War Powers Resolution - Wikipedia

What did Trump not do?

No law violated. That's lefty propaganda.
This has a bigger picture. As much as a response to the intolerable act of using WMD, this was to send a message to North Korea, who does pose a serious threat to US national security. When N Korea launches a nuke missile strike, there won't be time to consider a response in Congress.
Deterrence is the best response.

Dumb. Really fucking dumb.
I didn't write the U.S. Constitution, snowflake. Nor did I ratify it. I wasn't around back then. However, it's not half as dumb as your desire for a single man to have unlimited military powers. It takes a really stupid boy to desire a Saddam Hussein.

I suggest you educate yourself on the the history of warfare and how it has changed since the Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution. Go back and research the War Powers Act and why it was passed.

"The War Powers Resolution requires the President to notify Congress within 48 hours of committing armed forces to military action and forbids armed forces from remaining for more than 60 days, with a further 30-day withdrawal period,"
War Powers Resolution - Wikipedia

What did Trump not do?
Dude...this is the equivalent of Dumbocrats citing Obamacare as "proof" that they can force the American people to purchase a good or service. Just because Congress passes something, doesn't mean it is constitutional.

The "War Powers Act" should have been the "War Powers amendment" if they wanted it to be legal and upheld. The U.S. Constitution trumps any and all laws (including the "War Powers Act"). And the U.S. Constitution clearly states that the power to declare war resides with Congress.

No law violated. That's lefty propaganda.
This has a bigger picture. As much as a response to the intolerable act of using WMD, this was to send a message to North Korea, who does pose a serious threat to US national security. When N Korea launches a nuke missile strike, there won't be time to consider a response in Congress.
Deterrence is the best response.
Well that's idiotic. We bomb Syria to "deter" North Korea?!? :uhh:

Forum List

Back