Rand Paul detained by TSA

Rand Paul could have elected to go through the Mitt Romney checkpoint

RomneyFudge.jpg

lol...

you are one sick dude RW.....

He's trying to prove a point, I get it. I agree with him, but he's a US senator, not a freakin activist. He's an embarrassment.

why not just force everyone who wants to fly to strip down then? What do people need clothes for anyway? Flying isn't a right and if they want to do it they should do it naked.

He's trying to prove a point, I get it. I agree with him, but he's a US senator, not a freakin activist. He's an embarrassment.

We have a Senator that has principles and is willing to stand behind them and you call him an embarrassment? I would say the rest of them are an embarrassment for allowing this erosion of our freedoms to continue. I guess thats just me though.

Oh this is about to be an outstandingly messy year for the TSA. God help them if his dad gets elected or made VP. Regardless, this STINKS of union thuggery and bureaucracy run amok.

why not just force everyone who wants to fly to strip down then? What do people need clothes for anyway? Flying isn't a right and if they want to do it they should do it naked.

Hyperbole. This doesn't make sense.

I could not possibly disagree more.

If you or I do this, no one would hear a peep about.

When Rand Paul does it, it's national breaking news in 5 minute.

Kudos to him for having the stones to stand up for what he believes in.

He need more like him, on both sides of the aisle.

I could not possibly disagree more.

If you or I do this, no one would hear a peep about.

When Rand Paul does it, it's national breaking news in 5 minute.

Kudos to him for having the stones to stand up for what he believes in.

He need more like him, on both sides of the aisle.

I heard about it on the radio. It is top headline on Yahoo news home page.

The bigger the stink the better.

It's not about power. It's a show of security.

Then why do they make everyone go through the scanner and/or be pat down over and over and over again? That's nothing short of ridiculous. The TSA should clear those who are not a terrorist threat (the majority of people) and give them an EZ pass to show instead.

As a pilot I don't care what is in someone's mind. I want to know what's in their luggage and on their person. Think of a commercial airplane as a very large and fast weapon that can be pointed at anything or anyone. The control of that weapon MUST never be compromised no matter how inconvenient to those travelling on them. Flying is a priviledge..not a right. If you do not understand that then you really need to consider some other method of transportation that presents less potential risk to the rest of the travelling public and to those that may be in or live near potential targets for those that can only get attention by causing disaster.

It's a waste of time when the vast majority of travellers are not terrorists. Rand Paul is a perfect example of this waste. He isn't a terrorist, should be checked as such and given a speedy pass, which makes the whole process more efficient. It's a waste of time to check, scan, pat down frequent flyers over and over and over again and it isn't making us any safer. Why? Because they're not terrorists. Seems pretty straight forward.

Where'd I ever say that flying was a right? Oh yeah, I didn't. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Hyperbole. This doesn't make sense.

You can't hide bombs or guns or knives if you are naked. We could save money on scanners.

But there's laws against public indecency / nudity. Otherwise, fine, let's see how good airlines do if they require nudity :cuckoo:

^ read that back to yourself.

Release bottle-neck.

whatever...if it does not stop here it will be trains ,buses,events, random check stops

I've gone through security pats at almost every concert I've EVER been to.
Yeah, but you like that Rap crap, with all the gangsters packing heat.
4-poke2.gif

I doubt there are patdowns at Miley Cyrus concerts. ;)

whatever...if it does not stop here it will be trains ,buses,events, random check stops

I've gone through security pats at almost every concert I've EVER been to.
Yeah, but you like that Rap crap, with all the gangsters packing heat.
4-poke2.gif

I doubt there are patdowns at Miley Cyrus concerts. ;)

You're wrong. Hard rock is my favorite kind of music.

Thats what ASSUMptions asre for though!!~

"Are you fearful of someone hijacking your plane but hate those lengthy and intrusive security screenings those other airlines subject you to? Try Hedonism Airwarys. We fly naked."

Forum List

Back