Rampant Republican voter fraud found in Iowa

2 million dead people is truly not nearly as bad as I expected it to be....

I read that 2.6 million people die a YEAR in the USA, so this means that all States ARE cleaning the dead people off the voter rolls within a year's time....

that's actually pretty damn good.

One ID, one Vote cures this
What chu talkin' about Willis?
ONCE AGAIN....this shows that voter ID WOULD NOT stop this kind of fraud!

Yes it does. These 3 idiots in the OP were arrested because they voted twice with their own name. They were easily caught. If they would have used their dead aunt's name then this wouldn't even be a news story. We wouldn't know about it. In the 2014; 2012; 2010; 2008; 2006; 2004; 2002 elections here in North Carolina I could have walked up to the polling place of any voter give them his name and address and I would be allowed to vote as that person. There are 24 precincts in my county. I could have voted 24 times in all of those elections. I just had to be careful to steal the names of people that weren't likely to vote. Early voting makes voter fraud even easier. In 2016 I am required to show my ID when I walk up to the polling place. Now I can only vote one time instead of 24.

I have been a legal resident of North Carolina since 2001. I recently found out that I was still registered to vote in Alabama. If my family were crooks then they could have easily exploited my absence as an opportunity to cast an extra ballot. Have you ever been on jury duty? Have you ever talked to anybody that has been on jury duty? At least 30% of the people summoned for jury duty don't show up. Why do you think that is? Are they all scum bags? No. They are just dead people or people that have moved away that haven't been purged from the voter rolls.

This shit needs to be cleaned up but I doubt it will ever happen.

FYI: The Dekalb County Alabama Board of Elections did purge my name from the voter rolls per my request.

This story only proves that Republicans don't know how to cheat. These three suspects use their own name twice. Democrats would have used the name of a neighbor that moved away, a dead person or a person that know isn't going to vote. These 3 people were bound to get caught. You'll never get caught if you use another person's name unless you live in a state with voter ID laws. However, they did vote twice. Their votes will still be counted. I don't know what their sentence will be but I bet it will be minimal and laughable.
Republicans invented cheating

They do it on a grand scale through voter suppression, gerrymander and voter intimidation

I think we should purge the voter rolls of dead people, people that moved away and people that sit out 3+ presidential elections. Citizens should also be required to bring their voter registration card with them to vote.

I have no problem with arresting all the republicans that cheat and killing them.
Most communities don't allocate the resources to purge voter roles. It is easier to just drop people who have not voted in three years

Gerrymandering is a science

It goes beyond just the accidental placement of district boundaries

If you created a constitutional amendment that prohibited gerrymandering then it wouldn't stop. It's impossible to enforce. The lines have to go somewhere.

When people scream "GERRYMANDERING" it drastically insults my intelligence. I don't like to be insulted. The lines have to go somewhere.

The science of gerrymandering districts is an insult to democracy

This story only proves that Republicans don't know how to cheat. These three suspects use their own name twice. Democrats would have used the name of a neighbor that moved away, a dead person or a person that know isn't going to vote. These 3 people were bound to get caught. You'll never get caught if you use another person's name unless you live in a state with voter ID laws. However, they did vote twice. Their votes will still be counted. I don't know what their sentence will be but I bet it will be minimal and laughable.

They do it on a grand scale through voter suppression, gerrymander and voter intimidation

I think we should purge the voter rolls of dead people, people that moved away and people that sit out 3+ presidential elections. Citizens should also be required to bring their voter registration card with them to vote.

I have no problem with arresting all the republicans that cheat and killing them.
Most communities don't allocate the resources to purge voter roles. It is easier to just drop people who have not voted in three years

Three years or three presidential elections?

If you created a constitutional amendment that prohibited gerrymandering then it wouldn't stop. It's impossible to enforce. The lines have to go somewhere.

When people scream "GERRYMANDERING" it drastically insults my intelligence. I don't like to be insulted. The lines have to go somewhere.

The lines have to go somewhere. If you create a democrat favored district then the district next to it will be a republican favored district. If you create a republican favored district then the district next to it will be a democrat favored district. If you create a black favored district then the district next to it will be a white favored district. Gerrymandering doesn't accomplish anything in the big scheme. It might benefit a few individuals to get elected but it doesn't create a majority. If you have to create 13 districts in Alabama then you have to create 13 districts in Alabama. Everybody in Alabama still gets to vote. You can draw the lines however you want but the ratio of republican districts to democratic districts will be exactly the same no matter where you draw those lines. You can do a favor for one congressman to keep him in office or to get him elected but it doesn't create an artificial majority.

Do you know where the term Gerrymandering came from? Elbridge Gerrry created a district that looked like a salamander to benefit the Democratic-Republican Party. Some creative journalist combined the word Gerry and salamander. The one salamander shaped district that Elbridge Gerry created was won by the Democratic-Republican Party but the Federalist Party kept the majority. It worked but it didn't work. The lines had to go somewhere. If he would have drawn the lines to look more like a dog then maybe it would have worked out differently but the overall result would have been exactly the same.

Three presidential elections are 12 years. I don't know any community that will keep you active that long

The lines have to go somewhere. If you create a democrat favored district then the district next to it will be a republican favored district. If you create a republican favored district then the district next to it will be a democrat favored district. If you create a black favored district then the district next to it will be a white favored district. Gerrymandering doesn't accomplish anything in the big scheme. It might benefit a few individuals to get elected but it doesn't create a majority. If you have to create 13 districts in Alabama then you have to create 13 districts in Alabama. Everybody in Alabama still gets to vote. You can draw the lines however you want but the ratio of republican districts to democratic districts will be exactly the same no matter where you draw those lines. You can do a favor for one congressman to keep him in office or to get him elected but it doesn't create an artificial majority.

Do you know where the term Gerrymandering came from? Elbridge Gerrry created a district that looked like a salamander to benefit the Democratic-Republican Party. Some creative journalist combined the word Gerry and salamander. The one salamander shaped district that Elbridge Gerry created was won by the Democratic-Republican Party but the Federalist Party kept the majority. It worked but it didn't work. The lines had to go somewhere. If he would have drawn the lines to look more like a dog then maybe it would have worked out differently but the overall result would have been exactly the same.
That is not how gerrymandering is done. If a state has ten districts, republicans will set aside two districts that are 90% Democratic. The remaining eight will be 60-40 Republican. That way Republicans will get eight districts while democrats get two even though democrats may have a larger percentage of population.

Three presidential elections are 12 years. I don't know any community that will keep you active that long

I was a registered voter in Alabama from 1997-2016. I never voted once.

Voter fraud suspect arrested in Des Moines

POLK COUNTY, Iowa — A Des Moines woman has been arrested on suspicion of voting twice this month in the general election, police and court records show.

Terri Lynn Rote, 55, was booked into the Polk County Jail about 3:40 p.m. Thursday on a first-degree election misconduct charge, which is a Class D felony.

Rote, a registered Republican, reportedly cast an early voting ballot at the Polk County Election Office, and another ballot at a county satellite voting location in Des Moines, according to a Des Moines police report.

Oh? So now all of a sudden you admit it does occur! Good for you! There might be a brain cell or two in there after all!

That is not how gerrymandering is done. If a state has ten districts, republicans will set aside two districts that are 90% Democratic. The remaining eight will be 60-40 Republican. That way Republicans will get eight districts while democrats get two even though democrats may have a larger percentage of population.

It doesn't matter how you draw the lines. You can be fair as fuck and someone is going to cry fowl. The lines have to be redrawn every ten years. If you leave the lines in the exact same place then it would be illegal. People don't like change but population shifts requires the lines to be redrawn to make sure there is equal representation of the people in congress. The lines have to be redrawn. There will always be dumb ass whiny babies to cry that it was done in a disadvantageous manner. It is foolish gibberish. Gerrymandering will never be stopped without eliminating congress as it was created.

Do you really think there is a way to stop the tears? Gerrymandering is a reality that can't be corrected. Does that make sense? It will always be done as long as we want a congress that is representative of the population.

Since you are serious then tell me how you eliminate Gerrymandering. I don't believe you have a solution. Do you know how I know that you have no solution? Easy. It's because it isn't a problem.

Last edited:

I understand why you hate gerrymandering. I feel the same way about hurricanes and tornadoes. I don't like them.

It doesn't matter how you draw the lines. You can be fair as fuck and someone is going to cry fowl. The lines have to be redrawn every ten years. If you leave the lines in the exact same place then it would be illegal. People don't like change but population shifts requires the lines to be redrawn to make sure there is equal representation of the people in congress. The lines have to be redrawn. There will always be dumb ass whiny babies to cry that it was done in a disadvantageous manner. It is foolish gibberish. Gerrymandering will never be stopped without eliminating congress as it was created.

Do you really think there is a way to stop the tears? Gerrymandering is a reality that can't be corrected. Does that make sense? It will always be done as long as we want a congress that is representative of the population.

Since you are serious then tell me how you eliminate Gerrymandering. I don't believe you have a solution. Do you know how I know that you have no solution? Easy. It's because it isn't a problem.
Eliminated?
maybe not totally

Reduced? Have judicially defined standards of what defines boundaries. Justify in court why those boundaries were chosen

Have voting districts defined by nonafilliated civilian panels

Forum List

Back