Rambling

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Just came back from Costco, one of my favorite places to ramble. I needed to buy gum for my students, for standardized testing, more on that later as to why a teacher would buy gum. :wtf: So I picked up some Wrigley's Cool Mint-12 packs with 14 sticks. $6.00

Then I really did wander. Bought some wine, which actually is very good, having a glass now, Beaujolais-Villages, $7. I do believe it's my first French goods purchase since 2003. Noticed they had Johnnie Walker Blue for $160, thinking of going back and getting it for my brother for next Christmas. (That keeps, right? ;) )

Saw a black speedo swimsuit, needed that. $20.

Meandered off to the 'fresh prepared' selection, picked up some beef stew in sour dough bread bowls, $10 and salmon stuffed with lobster/crab, $10.

Rolling along, found Rolling Writer Pens, 12 for $2. Post It flags, scads of them for $9.

Found some 'Ancient World Atlases' 12@$3 ea. That's all they had. :( Kids will have to share.

Over in the bakery, I passed on the baklava, though I really wanted it! :eusa_boohoo: Did pick up a chocolate cake, some muffins to freeze, and French bread $15

As I headed for the checkout, came across hearing aid batteries, $25, but saved over $15 from what I normally spend, so I'll put that at $10.

I don't know where I have as much fun for under $150, while getting things we need and want!

Notice, I do not work for or own stock in Costco. Sam's Club is fun too, but Costco's lighting and employees are nicer.

I've never been in a Costco, but I was in Sam's last weekend. Bought a big bag of frozen mixed fruit. I've been having smoothies for the last several days. :thup:

Just came back from Costco, one of my favorite places to ramble. I needed to buy gum for my students, for standardized testing, more on that later as to why a teacher would buy gum. :wtf: So I picked up some Wrigley's Cool Mint-12 packs with 14 sticks. $6.00

Then I really did wander. Bought some wine, which actually is very good, having a glass now, Beaujolais-Villages, $7. I do believe it's my first French goods purchase since 2003. Noticed they had Johnnie Walker Blue for $160, thinking of going back and getting it for my brother for next Christmas. (That keeps, right? ;) )

Saw a black speedo swimsuit, needed that. $20.

Meandered off to the 'fresh prepared' selection, picked up some beef stew in sour dough bread bowls, $10 and salmon stuffed with lobster/crab, $10.

Rolling along, found Rolling Writer Pens, 12 for $2. Post It flags, scads of them for $9.

Found some 'Ancient World Atlases' 12@$3 ea. That's all they had. :( Kids will have to share.

Over in the bakery, I passed on the baklava, though I really wanted it! :eusa_boohoo: Did pick up a chocolate cake, some muffins to freeze, and French bread $15

As I headed for the checkout, came across hearing aid batteries, $25, but saved over $15 from what I normally spend, so I'll put that at $10.

I don't know where I have as much fun for under $150, while getting things we need and want!

Notice, I do not work for or own stock in Costco. Sam's Club is fun too, but Costco's lighting and employees are nicer.

WE joined Costco years ago, when we lived in California. Called it the $200.00 dollar store cause we could never get out of that place for less than $200.00.

Its the same thing as Sam's, multi-packs, thats how they do it.

Don't go into those places anymore, their poison to local business.

Forum List

Back