Raise your hand if.......

Or are you saying I need to know the employer payment in order to know if I qualify for a subsidy? Perhaps I misunderstood why you said I needed to know.

I don't know how much the employer kicks in. What we personally pay is considerably less for considerably more. I don't know if we'll be affected when insurance companies start reassessing their ACA-related risks or when employer penalties start kicking in.

That is something that you need to know if you are to determine if the prices on the website are higher than what you now pay.

No, I don't need to know what the employer pays in order to determine if the prices on the website are higher than what I now pay. I know what I now pay. The employer is not me. What I now pay is less than 1/5 of the price on the site.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that we don't become one of the casualties of Obama's broken "if you like your plan you can keep it" promise. With employer mandates pushed down the road a year and cadillac penalties taking even longer to kick in, we have to wait longer to know if any more shoes are going to drop.

My goodness. Think for a minute.

That is something that you need to know if you are to determine if the prices on the website are higher than what you now pay.

No, I don't need to know what the employer pays in order to determine if the prices on the website are higher than what I now pay. I know what I now pay. The employer is not me. What I now pay is less than 1/5 of the price on the site.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that we don't become one of the casualties of Obama's broken "if you like your plan you can keep it" promise. With employer mandates pushed down the road a year and cadillac penalties taking even longer to kick in, we have to wait longer to know if any more shoes are going to drop.

My goodness. Think for a minute.

:eusa_hand:

Or are you saying I need to know the employer payment in order to know if I qualify for a subsidy? Perhaps I misunderstood why you said I needed to know.

No. Please try to understand.

What your employer pays the insurance company is not a gift. It is part of your compensation package. It is, in effect, money that your employer pays in order to obtain your service as an employee.

If you add the amount you pay to the amount your employer pays, you will find the cost of the plan. My guess is that your employer is paying 70-80% of your premiums. That is the average.

Instead paying it to you, your employers pay it to the insurance company.

It is your money.

Ouch!

The lowest priced bronze plan available for me and my husband would cost $579/mo with an $11,600 deductible.

Yowzer.

Is there a subsidy?

I don't know. As far as I know, I would be required to input personal information on the site to find out. I won't do that.

Do you know of a way for me to find out without setting up an account?

p.s., if we qualify for a subsidy that means someone else is paying more, contributing to the broken promises of Obama -- you know, about the typical American family seeing their premiums go down $2500 per year and about the costs of the legislation to taxpayers .....

Actuary tables are used by both private and public agencies to calculate these things.

All systems have a disparity.

Check Kaiser's for a calculator. Your conclusion is based on faulty logic.

Is there a subsidy?

I don't know. As far as I know, I would be required to input personal information on the site to find out. I won't do that.

Do you know of a way for me to find out without setting up an account?

p.s., if we qualify for a subsidy that means someone else is paying more, contributing to the broken promises of Obama -- you know, about the typical American family seeing their premiums go down $2500 per year and about the costs of the legislation to taxpayers .....

Actuary tables are used by both private and public agencies to calculate these things.

All systems have a disparity.

Check Kaiser's for a calculator. Your conclusion is based on faulty logic.

wtf does any of that mean? :eusa_eh:

faulty logic:lol:

What your employer pays the insurance company is not a gift. It is part of your compensation package. It is, in effect, money that your employer pays in order to obtain your service as an employee.

If you add the amount you pay to the amount your employer pays, you will find the cost of the plan. My guess is that your employer is paying 70-80% of your premiums. That is the average.

It is your money.

No. The question of whether I qualify for a subsidy or not depends on how much money I pay for insurance. How much money my employer pays is separate from what I pay, does not count as part of my wages, and does not count toward the decision of whether or not I qualify for a subsidy.

If my employer stopped paying my premiums, I would have no claim to the money he now pays.

You can make up definitions but that doesn't make them accurate, it doesn't increase the likelihood that you'll get people to play along with your threads, and it doesn't make it appropriate for you to suggest I am not thinking.

Perhaps you should be more careful in the way you phrase your questions.

......you have "employer provided" health insurance and went to the healthcare.gov website to look at the available plans......then saw that the premiums were much higher than what you pay now.

for me yea.....and less coverage.....ill gladly stay where i am at....

yea well, whatever information you are getting may not be accurate anyway, so they have pulled the plug on, well heres ...the latest;

Obamacare Payment System to Insurers Changed in Setback

Parts of the Obamacare enrollment system used to pay insurers are being pushed back from January in the latest technology delay for the president’s U.S. health-care overhaul.

The administration is setting up a temporary process to send companies the federal subsidies used to help millions of Americans buy coverage because the online system won’t be ready as planned, said Aaron Albright, a spokesman for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Insurers will estimate what they are owed rather than have the government calculate the bill.

more at-

Obamacare Payment System to Insurers Changed in Setback - Bloomberg

this thing is a &ucking mess.

It is your money.

Yes, usually I would get a statement telling me how much my wages and benefits came to .

Guess what, Obama wants to tax the total of your benefits and your wages. Expect that shoe to drop in the next year.

It is your money.

No. The question of whether I qualify for a subsidy or not depends on how much money I pay for insurance. How much money my employer pays is separate from what I pay, does not count as part of my wages, and does not count toward the decision of whether or not I qualify for a subsidy.

If my employer stopped paying my premiums, I would have no claim to the money he now pays.

You can make up definitions but that doesn't make them accurate, it doesn't increase the likelihood that you'll get people to play along with your threads, and it doesn't make it appropriate for you to suggest I am not thinking.

Perhaps you should be more careful in the way you phrase your questions.

Subsidies have nothing to do with what I am discussing.

You absolutely have a claim to the money that your employer pays for your premiums. It is not a gift. You earn that money. If he stops paying it, you are getting a pay cut. Period.

It is your money.

Yes, usually I would get a statement telling me how much my wages and benefits came to .

Guess what, Obama wants to tax the total of your benefits and your wages. Expect that shoe to drop in the next year.

Please stop. Obama does not levy taxes.

Why must you nutters try to frighten people with such frequency?

Our insurance provider of 40 years raised their deductible on our policy overnight and without warning from $200 to $1500 the first year. We shopped around and found "affordable" insurance. They game elderly people by putting them on an endless babble of questions and answers into a box that cannot understand English well and doesn't understand complex requests. After weeks of not getting satisfaction, I finally just gave up on insurance. The doctor does not call them any more either. She doesn't appreciate being held online for 4 hours for 1 customer either, so she put her foot down. I just pay her out of pocket, and I don't know how to contact the insurance company any more, and hell will freeze over before I babble into their idiot box telephone system again.

Oh, and Nancy Pelosi: I have something to give you back for screwing over the best medical system the world will have ever had and replacing it with this unread 2500-page madness package you screwed American seniors with: :tomato:

It is your money.

The Supreme Court had no choice but to leave ACA alone because it was a tax hike, which is Congress' branch to mete out, and not the Supreme Court's. They said much of it is unconstitutional and will have to be dealt with one issue at a time.

And I have a Christmas present for bloodsucking Harry Reid, too, for going nuclear against the people's only protection of a Republican filibuster against his whimsical spending spree and devastation of America's formerly civil Senate: :tomato:

It is your money.

Oh he doesn't???

Look up the definition of "Excise Taxes".

Besides, he won't do it alone. He'll have plenty of help from Harry Reid.

There was a big argument over it back before the ACA was passed. They figured the only way they could get enough support was to exempt union benefits from the tax.

But, after all, this is all up to the HHS secretary.

Democrats want to exempt only union health benefits from tax
June 12, 2009

Posted on Friday, June 12, 2009 9:10:07 AM by reaganaut1

Quoting Kimberly Strassel in the Wall Street Journal "Democrats and the Health Tax Taboo":

"Mr. Baucus officially floated his plans for a tax this week, only with a surprising twist: His levy will not apply to union plans, at least for the duration of existing contracts. In other words, Mr. Baucus intends to tax the health-care benefits only of those who didn't spend a fortune electing Democrats to office. Sen. Ted Kennedy, who is circulating his own health-care reform, has also included provisions that will exempt unions from certain provisions.

The union carve-out is designed to allay the fears of many Democrats who remain outright hostile to a tax on health-care benefits, whether out of principle, political fear or union solidarity. Much will depend on the union reaction, which might remain ugly."

This would be outrageous. Republicans need to scream about this. The health benefits provided to GM workers by my tax dollars (through "loans" that will never be repaid) would not be taxed, but the benefits provided to me by my employer would be? http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/bloggers/2270363/posts

Last edited:

Forum List

Back