Raise Taxes or Cut Waste?

[

How about Ronnie cutting taxes for the rich AND at the same time increasing SS taxes to "save SS"", which added $2+ trillion to the debt, as it masked the revenue shortfall? Greed? Free stuff? lol

Cutting taxes is always a good thing but you must be confused about Ronald Reagan. Although Reagan adjusted the unfair progressive income tax brackets a little bit he also increased total taxation during his administration. He also grew the size of government, increased debt and continued with the welfare state. He didn't even bother to do away with the Community Reinvestment Act, which almost destroyed our economy in 2007. He was not as much of a conservative as many of my brothers and sisters on my Right think he was. He continued to allow the greedy shitheads in our country to live high on the hog.

If the Democrats, who loved stuff like that, were intellectually and morally honest they would embraced Reagan as one of their own. Nixon, Reagan, Bush and Bush were all progressives. They were better than the Democrats but that is not saying much because the Democrats set such a low bar.

Big government is big greed and a lot of people suck on that teat. For instance, conservative farmers in the Midwest will tell you that they hate welfare but they love their government farm price supports. That is why we need to stop using the government to take money from those that earned it and giving it to the people that didn't earn it. No more welfare, subsidies, bailouts or entitlements. That is the right thing to do. It is destroying our country.

Adjusted the unfair taxation? lol

Talk about intellectually dishonest? CRA around for 30+ years created a Bankster subprime bubble world wide estimated about $20 trillion in new mortgages? REALLY? LOL

Yes, the 'job creators' are being treated unfairly

Moron.jpg

There are really two separated but related issues; the financial stability of the United States and the size of government.

The stability issue was a major concern 5 or 6 years ago when we were running record high deficits but that is not the case today. Since 2009 deficits have been falling yearly from 1,559 billion to 1,404, 1,367, 1,134, 691, 492. If we choose to run a surplus we can certainly do so by cutting spending and raising taxes by just 5%.

The real issue today is the size of government which is mostly an ideological issue. However, there is a practical side of the issue. What changes can really be made? With half the households in the US receiving some form of government support, any significant cut is extremely unlikely. Healthcare and Welfare are 35% of the total federal government spending. Defense spending, 22% has been falling every year for 5 years and that certainly can't continue unless the US radically changes it's foreign policy. Government pensions, 25% being paid to government and military retirees are political untouchable. Transportation, 7%, mostly spend on maintenance is an area more likely to increase than decrease. Education, 3%, most cuts here would increase state expenses by more than 3%. The remainder, 8% is spread over many areas with little savings to be gained and big political confrontations. At best, I doubt more than 3 or 4% could be cut even if Republicans controlled government for a number of years.
But, all things considered, it's the government that has created the situations that we're experiencing. The government has no one to blame except itself. It's only right that they fix their own mess. Why should the American taxpayers continue to bail them out?

Who do you think Gov't is?? Hint VOTERS who for 30+ years have thought you can just put stuff on the credit card and the magical fairy's will pay off debt down the road

Why do you think when St Ronnie cut taxes for the rich, he had to get more revenues, so he 'saved SS, by increasing taxes by $2+ trillion the past 30+ years, to hide his costs? NOW when the money train runs out, SS is BK? lol
You're preaching to the choir. I have been blaming stupid voters for many years now. What do I think government is? Good question. FYI --- Government is an entity unto itself, answerable to no one except itself. The government, through voters, has gained tremendous power and authority. We, the American people, are, and have been, at the mercy of government for a very long time now. Stupid voters continue to elect and to re-elect professional politicians to run this once great nation, and expect a different result each election cycle. Go figure.

The U.S. government has sold us out for almost 60 years now, and they have no intentions to stop. And, as long as voters do as they have been doing, we have nowhere to go but to the bottom of the abyss of socioeconomic ruin.

A lot of words, above, but very little substance.

Let's start with this: The role of government is to govern. Officials elected to govern are not to step aside and simply collect a salary.

The role of the voter is to elect those capable of governing to uphold these truths, which Jefferson determined to be self-evident:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed."

Elected officials today are given money for their reelection, something five members of the Supreme Court have twice sanctioned and defined as freedom of speech. Four members of the same court understand this decision was horrible and an affront to every person who has every believed that the United States is a democracy. We now live in a Plutocracy and can expect the rich to get richer and the rest of us to work to increase their wealth. A fact supported by the current iteration of the Republican Party.

The very wealthy have done quite well, those of us not rich fight among our selves, allowing the rich to sit back and laugh as fools defend the rich at the expense of themselves, and those they are told to hate (that is, the working poor and the middle classes).
A lot of words, very little substance.

Few words ^^^, yet an ad hominem requires little in the way of words or substance. Oh, btw, fuck you.

But, all things considered, it's the government that has created the situations that we're experiencing. The government has no one to blame except itself. It's only right that they fix their own mess. Why should the American taxpayers continue to bail them out?

Who do you think Gov't is?? Hint VOTERS who for 30+ years have thought you can just put stuff on the credit card and the magical fairy's will pay off debt down the road

Why do you think when St Ronnie cut taxes for the rich, he had to get more revenues, so he 'saved SS, by increasing taxes by $2+ trillion the past 30+ years, to hide his costs? NOW when the money train runs out, SS is BK? lol
You're preaching to the choir. I have been blaming stupid voters for many years now. What do I think government is? Good question. FYI --- Government is an entity unto itself, answerable to no one except itself. The government, through voters, has gained tremendous power and authority. We, the American people, are, and have been, at the mercy of government for a very long time now. Stupid voters continue to elect and to re-elect professional politicians to run this once great nation, and expect a different result each election cycle. Go figure.

The U.S. government has sold us out for almost 60 years now, and they have no intentions to stop. And, as long as voters do as they have been doing, we have nowhere to go but to the bottom of the abyss of socioeconomic ruin.

Let's start with this: The role of government is to govern. Officials elected to govern are not to step aside and simply collect a salary.

The role of the voter is to elect those capable of governing to uphold these truths, which Jefferson determined to be self-evident:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed."

Elected officials today are given money for their reelection, something five members of the Supreme Court have twice sanctioned and defined as freedom of speech. Four members of the same court understand this decision was horrible and an affront to every person who has every believed that the United States is a democracy. We now live in a Plutocracy and can expect the rich to get richer and the rest of us to work to increase their wealth. A fact supported by the current iteration of the Republican Party.

The very wealthy have done quite well, those of us not rich fight among our selves, allowing the rich to sit back and laugh as fools defend the rich at the expense of themselves, and those they are told to hate (that is, the working poor and the middle classes).

Few words ^^^, yet an ad hominem requires little in the way of words or substance. Oh, btw, fuck you.
Ha Ha HA ----- Really ?? Your age ?? Anything else silly and childish that you'd like to get off your chest? Did that make you feel better? Did it make your day? If you feel that you got benefit from it, then it's OK with me, maybe you needed that steam release.

[

I disagree. Raising taxes to balance the budget is the responsible thing to do. Then we can have a serious discussion about how much government we really want. How much government we want to pay for. As it is, no one gets the bill (except maybe our grandchildren), so no one cares.

Are you willing to raise taxes almost a trillion a year in order to balance the budget? It is a little lower now but during most of President Moron's administration that is what the deficit has been running. You are talking about doubling the income tax if you are going to balance the budget. How much are you paying this year? You want it to be twice as much?

Yep.

Maybe what you really want is for the money to be raised by taxation but you don't want your taxes to go up. You know, "tax the rich". Make somebody else pay. Anybody except yourself.

No. That would defeat the purpose. Everyone must feel the pain.

Talk about intellectually dishonest? CRA around for 30+ years created a Bankster subprime bubble world wide estimated about $20 trillion in new mortgages? REALLY? LOL

Moron.jpg

Progressive taxation is always unfair.

It is not enough greed that people that make more money pay more taxes because they make more money. The greedy Libtard bastards have to tack a penalty of higher tax rates and that is despicable.

It is not enough that (as an example) that we have a 10% tax rate and somebody making $10K a year has to pay $1K and somebody making $1000K pays $100K in taxes. The greedy fucking sicko Libtard bastards want more than the $100K. The want like almost $400K and would take more if they could. That is fucking greed and thievery..

It took a while before the stupid idea of using the force of government to give credit (for social justice reasons) to shitheads that neither had the means or the inclination to ever pay back the money would destroy our economy. Who would have thunk it? When Barney Queerboy as the head of the Finance Committee and the 2006 elected Democrat Congress got in power it was all over.

These Libtards are the scum of America. I think we all know that.

Ha Ha HA ----- Really ?? Your age ?? Anything else silly and childish that you'd like to get off your chest? Did that make you feel better? Did it make your day? If you feel that you got benefit from it, then it's OK with me, maybe you needed that steam release.

Huh, what part of "fuck you" did you not understand? I'm 67 and have earned the right to call stupid assholes like you whatever I please. I posted a message of substance, that you're too stupid to comprehend it, gives you the right to attack me personally, but not without a response. So, if you're too dumb to offer an intelligent, educated response to my post, all you deserve is what I offered: Fuck you.

Moron.jpg

It is not enough greed that people that make more money pay more taxes because they make more money. The greedy Libtard bastards have to tack a penalty of higher tax rates and that is despicable.

It is not enough that (as an example) that we have a 10% tax rate and somebody making $10K a year has to pay $1K and somebody making $1000K pays $100K in taxes. The greedy fucking sicko Libtard bastards want more than the $100K. The want like almost $400K and would take more if they could. That is fucking greed and thievery..

It took a while before the stupid idea of using the force of government to give credit (for social justice reasons) to shitheads that neither had the means or the inclination to ever pay back the money would destroy our economy. Who would have thunk it? When Barney Queerboy as the head of the Finance Committee and the 2006 elected Democrat Congress got in power it was all over.

You don't know anything, if you did you you would present an argument, not an echo of right wing propaganda presented in the form of word salad, which included abject bigotry. Your education is limited to AM radio, I suspect your mentors are Limbaugh, Levin and Savage.

Huh, what part of "fuck you" did you not understand? I'm 67 and have earned the right to call stupid assholes like you whatever I please. I posted a message of substance, that you're too stupid to comprehend it, gives you the right to attack me personally, but not without a response. So, if you're too dumb to offer an intelligent, educated response to my post, all you deserve is what I offered: Fuck you.
I'm also 67, and I said back to you exactly what you said to me. You said, "a lot of words, no substance". So, I said the same thing back you. So, you feel that it's OK for you to say it, but get bent out shape if it's said back to you? What's wrong with this picture? In no way did I attack you. There was NO personal attack. I merely repeated your words back to you. Whether you posted a message of substance or not is in question. Maybe to you, it had substance, but no more substance than what I posted. So, if you want to get childish and silly when someone repeats your words back to you, then go ahead and act immature. One would think that at your age, you'd know by now how to have a civil and adult conversation. But, in your case, obviously not. Read what you said and lets see who attacked whom. Read your personal attack and then read what I have said. Which one is a personal attack?

Grow up. There's no reason to conduct yourself as a child on this forum. Try to have a conversation like an adult in a civil manner. Thanks.

Moron.jpg

You don't know anything, if you did you you would present an argument, not an echo of right wing propaganda presented in the form of word salad, which included abject bigotry. Your education is limited to AM radio, I suspect your mentors are Limbaugh, Levin and Savage.
Woooooooooooooooooo ........... cute, very cute.

Flash and Sonny Clark are two of the dumber members of the Crazy New Right. Now, don't puff out your chest Rabbi or CrusaderFrank, you're dumb as mud too.
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ......... So cute. And, I bet you didn't even need to practice that line. Very good. Are you sure that you're 67? Just curious. How long do you think it'll be before you start acting your age? Are you on meds and forgot to take them on time? If you have taken them, please see your doctor about either changing them, or change the dosage. Obviously they're not working the way they should. If might not be a good idea to be alone until you have a chance to talk with your doctor. Whatever you do, don't jump.

Again, very cute. Maybe even original. Anything else that you feel you need to get off your chest? Don't hold it in. It's much better to go ahead and get it all out of your system. I'm looking forward to your next comment. As long as you're making comments, I know that you're not doing something stupid until you can see or talk with your doctor. DON'T JUMP whatever you do.

Flash and Sonny Clark are two of the dumber members of the Crazy New Right. Now, don't puff out your chest Rabbi or CrusaderFrank, you're dumb as mud too.
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ......... So cute. And, I bet you didn't even need to practice that line. Very good. Are you sure that you're 67? Just curious. How long do you think it'll be before you start acting your age? Are you on meds and forgot to take them on time? If you have taken them, please see your doctor about either changing them, or change the dosage. Obviously they're not working the way they should. If might not be a good idea to be alone until you have a chance to talk with your doctor. Whatever you do, don't jump.

Again, very cute. Maybe even original. Anything else that you feel you need to get off your chest? Don't hold it in. It's much better to go ahead and get it all out of your system. I'm looking forward to your next comment. As long as you're making comments, I know that you're not doing something stupid until you can see or talk with your doctor. DON'T JUMP whatever you do.

Thanks so much for sharing. I'm having a discussion with my Border Collie Mix and she is much more interesting than you. So, once again, Fuck Off.

Moron.jpg

Founding Fathers wanted to "Spread the Wealth"

Here are some choice quotes from Madison and Jefferson that would send contemporary economic right wingers into a tizzy:

In a letter to James Madison in 1785, for instance, Thomas Jefferson suggested that taxes could be used to reduce "the enormous inequality" between rich and poor. He wrote that one way of "silently lessening the inequality of property is to exempt all from taxation below a certain point, and to tax the higher portions of property in geometrical progression as they rise."

Madison later spoke in favor of using laws to "reduce extreme wealth towards a state of mediocrity (meaning the middle) and raise extreme indigence towards a state of comfort."

Adam Smith, Thomas Jefferson, and other fellow travelers

If there was one thing the Revolutionary generation agreed on — and those guys who dress up like them at Tea Party conventions most definitely do not — it was the incompatibility of democracy and inherited wealth.

Stephen Budiansky s Liberal Curmudgeon Blog Adam Smith Thomas Jefferson and other fellow travelers

"But besides the danger of a direct mixture of Religion & civil Government, there is an evil which ought to be guarded agst in the indefinite accumulation of property from the capacity of holding it in perpetuity by ecclesiastical corporations. The power of all corporations, ought to be limited in this respect. The growing wealth acquired by them never fails to be a source of abuses."
-- James Madison

Regarding "the exercise of the power of internal taxation" founding father, first Secretary of the Treasury, and leader of the constitutional convention, Alexander Hamilton, argues in Federalist Paper No. 36 "make it a fixed point of policy in the national administration to go as far as may be practicable in making the luxury of the rich tributary to the public treasury, in order to diminish the necessity of those impositions which might create dissatisfaction in the poorer and most numerous classes of the society. Happy it is when the interest which the government has in the preservation of its own power, coincides with a proper distribution of the public burdens, and tends to guard the least wealthy part of the community from oppression!"

"The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. A tax upon house-rents, therefore, would in general fall heaviest upon the rich; and in this sort of inequality there would not, perhaps, be anything unreasonable. It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."Adam Smith

(I wonder: When Adam Smith wrote about the "luxuries and vanities" of the rich, was he contemplating Mitt Romney's elevator for Romney's car? Or is that simply beyond contemplation?)

Two hundred years ago, when America was founded, progressive taxation was viewed as just common sense

[

Government is a political construct. It creates nothing. It feels no blame. It is those that we elect that create the mess. If voters truly want change they can make it happen.

The idea that the people don't want the benefits and services government provides is absolutely not true. People more than ever want security. Job security is a thing of the past. One third of Americans are one paycheck away from being homeless with average credit card debt of $15,000, less than a $1,000 saved for retirement. It's no wonder, Americans strongly support the government safety nets, social security, Medicare, Medicaid, welfare, unemployment, and other social services.

When they dial 911, they expect help at their door. When struct down by a serious illness or accident they expect help and lots of it. When their child is diagnosed with learning disorders, they expect schools provide the help. And when economic tragedy hits, they expect basic necessities for their family. When a hurricane or tornado destroys their lives, they expect a helping hand from the government. When epidemics, and terrorists strike, they expect government protection. People want all this and more but just like the kid at the candy store, they want it all whether they can pay for it or not.

Of course people want free stuff. They want things and they want other people to pay for it. That concept is called greed.

For instance, some shitheads don't want to spend their own money for healthcare (instead they spend money on pot and Colt 45 Malt Liquor) but when they get sick they want other pay their healthcare bills for them. That is called sorry ass greed. They think they are entitled to healthcare simply because they are alive and it is not their responsibility to pay for it.

Some people are so sorry and greedy that they go to the polls and elect corrupt and incompetent turdbrains like Hussein Obama because Hussein promises them more free stuff. Despicable greed.

Meanwhile the filthy ass out of control federal government spends almost $4 trillion a year and about a trillion of that is borrowed money and the cumulative debt is over $18 trillion.
What people want is security, something most people can't provide so they expect government to provide it. In a country where the poor earn a smaller and smaller portion of the pie, this is not likely to change.

^Lockheed Martin and Halliburton love this though. They are swimming in green.

If you don't like defense companies making money then don't vote for interventionist Presidents like Hussein Obama who fights wars and escalates wars.

I own some Lockheed Martin stock and it has damn well under Obama.

When Obama took office it was about $80 share. Now it is $190 a share.

You don't know much about political funding. They fund every party. Not voting is an option for the lazy minded. Trying to establish who is the least corrupt is POLITICS 2015.

(EDIT) I know your new party programs try to step in and say they will fix it but basic research shows them receiving massive amounts of $ from the exact same source..

Thanks so much for sharing. I'm having a discussion with my Border Collie Mix and she is much more interesting than you. So, once again, Fuck Off.
Again, very cute. Very mature also.

What people want is security, something most people can't provide so they expect government to provide it. In a country where the poor earn a smaller and smaller portion of the pie, this is not likely to change.

The Welfare State doesn't provide security. We see that worldwide with the failure of communism and the lackluster economic growth of socialism. How secure is Greece nowadays as an example? How "secure" is the US when over 40% of the GNP goes to the cost of government and we are over $18 trillion in debt and our future entitlement liabilities are approaching $100 trillion?

Taking money from the productive economy and transferring it to the non productive economy does not provide security for anyone. It just provides for a dependent welfare power base for the despicable bureaucrats that need the power base.

The most secure country we can have is one where we practice fiscal responsibility and personal responsibilities.

The best way for a person not to be poor is to not vote for Left Wing politician that promote failed socialists economic policies. I have no sympathy for confused Liberals that complain about poverty when they elected the Liberals that created an economic welfare state that destroyed jobs.

The Welfare State doesn't provide security. We see that worldwide with the failure of communism and the lackluster economic growth of socialism. How secure is Greece nowadays as an example? How "secure" is the US when over 40% of the GNP goes to the cost of government and we are over $18 trillion in debt and our future entitlement liabilities are approaching $100 trillion?

Taking money from the productive economy and transferring it to the non productive economy does not provide security for anyone. It just provides for a dependent welfare power base for the despicable bureaucrats that need the power base.

The most secure country we can have is one where we practice fiscal responsibility and personal responsibilities.

Te best way for a person not to be poor is to not vote for Left Wing politician that promotes failed socialists economic policies. I have no sympathy for confused Liberals that complain about poverty when they elected the Liberals that created an economic welfare state that destroyed jobs.

We have to decide which kind of capitalism we want- plutocratic capitalism where all the money is concentrated in the hands of 1% of the population, leaving the rest in debt or poverty, or democratic capitalism, where economic growth is created by as much of the population as possible

The conservatives have favored plutocratic capitalism, the belief in supply side economics, that the rich are the job creators but those jobs have to pay the smallest wages possible with no benefits in order to increase profits at the top end, that they should receive favorable treatment like low taxation and little oversight and regulation

Liberals favor democratic capitalism, where the profits are created by a consumer middle class who are paid wages that are sufficient, that the wealth of capitalism is spread and passed from hand to hand, that a welfare state is created for the working force so when there is an economic downturn or a personal disaster or emergency that member of the workforce is not expendable and their families will survive, and in their elder years they will have a pension and healthcare, aliviating that burden on their younger family members in the work force

In the last thirty years the conservative view came back into vogue and the results have been a huge jump in the wealth of a few with the deterioration of the middle class

now the conservatives are going for the middle class jugular with their agenda of cutting the social safety net

chris-rock-on-minimum-wage..jpeg

Te best way for a person not to be poor is to not vote for Left Wing politician that promotes failed socialists economic policies.

What's your net worth dude? Lie if you have to, but lets see what your idea of your success actually is.
Because you never voted no left wing, so you must be a real economic success story. Lets hear about it.
Lie if you have to.

The best way for a person not to be poor is to not vote for Left Wing politician that promote failed socialists economic policies. I have no sympathy for confused Liberals that complain about poverty when they elected the Liberals that created an economic welfare state that destroyed jobs.

How old are you? Everything you post suggest extreme naivety, notwithstanding your actual chronological age, and it is nothing more than an echo of posts by the callous conservative crowd.

Read some books, open your eyes and try to think outside the box in which you have sequestered yourself.

Forum List

Back