Racism based care

EvMetro

Platinum Member
Mar 10, 2017
I never would have imagined that I'd have to post a racism thread in the health care subforum, but it is here!

Boston hospital set to offer 'preferential care based on race'

Some of the problem is genetic, but I think a lot of it is cultural.

If being stupid is considered to be a virtue and a goal to strive for... welll....

Fuck

Just fucvk

I never would have imagined that I'd have to post a racism thread in the health care subforum, but it is here!

Boston hospital set to offer 'preferential care based on race'

Wow. Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH) is the second largest teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School and the largest hospital in the Longwood Medical Area in Boston, Massachusetts. Along with Massachusetts General Hospital, it is one of the two founding members of Mass General Brigham, the largest healthcare provider in Massachusetts.
I didn't know it sucked to live in Massachusetts.

This is unbelievable!

What about medical ethics? What about the Hippocratic oath?

What sort of world is this we are living in??

They are doing this because their own hospital has a history of admitting blacks to general medicine when they should have been in one of the specialty units based on their symptoms. Doing research into sickle cell treatment is admirable---there is a gene therapy out there that uses neutered HIV to deliver the active ingredients that flip the chromosomes in sickle cell back to their correct configuration.

The only thing I have read about this that I may have a problem with is the cash payments unless it is perhaps gift cards used to encourage people to coming in for free screenings or something like that.

This is unbelievable!

The controllers have gone totally crazy, that is for sure.

This is unbelievable!

Medical ethics died under Obama...

. [Dr.Ezekiel] Emanuel, however, believes that "communitarianism" should guide decisions on who gets care. He says medical care should be reserved for the non-disabled, not given to those "who are irreversibly prevented from being or becoming participating citizens . . . An obvious example is not guaranteeing health services to patients with dementia" (Hastings Center Report, Nov.-Dec. '96).

Translation: Don't give much care to a grandmother with Parkinson's or a child with cerebral palsy.

Dr. Zeke is Rahm Emanuel’s brother, and a major advisor on ObamaCare.

Savings, he writes, will require changing how doctors think about their patients: Doctors take the Hippocratic Oath too seriously, "as an imperative to do everything for the patient regardless of the cost or effects on others" (Journal of the American Medical Association, June 18, 2008).

“New York City to Restrict Prescription Painkillers in Public Hospitals’ Emergency Rooms… Some of the most common and most powerful prescription painkillers on the market will be restricted sharply in the emergency rooms at New York City’s 11 public hospitals, Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg said Thursday in an effort to crack down on what he called a citywide and national epidemic of prescription drug abuse…. Long-acting painkillers, including OxyContin, a familiar remedy for chronic backache and arthritis, as well as Fentanyl patches and methadone, will not be dispensed at all. And lost, stolen or destroyed prescriptions will not be refilled…. The restrictions, they said, could deprive doctors in the public hospital system — whose mission it is to treat poor people — of the flexibility that they need to respond to patients.”

“Here is my problem with legislative medicine,” said Dr. Alex Rosenau, president-elect of the American College of Emergency Physicians and senior vice chairman of emergency medicine at Lehigh Valley Health Network in Eastern Pennsylvania. “It prevents me from being a professional and using my judgment.” Ibid.

Democrats are no different than Nazis or Bolsheviks when it comes to human life.

Forum List

Back