Racing towards America's collapse...Oregon Governor signs new law allowing students to graduate without proving they can read, write, or do math!!!!

As you know, by and large, the school districts that spend the most per student, have the lowest achievement. Why?

From what I have seen, it is the far-left liberals who oppose teaching American history. Specifically, what do you mean by "climate science"? Where is evolution NOT taught in our government schools?

How is it the fault of conservatives that workers can't do 21st-century jobs?

Why should we not restart the coal industry? We have many decades of very high-quality coal within our borders. There is also a vast, worldwide market for coal. Why should we not work to supply that demand?

Coal%20plants-S.png
The real reason is the school districts have to pay teachers more to tolerate the rotten product supplied to them by the parents. Higher salary equals more expense. Results are usually not good because of the old saying: "You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit".

The real reason is the school districts have to pay teachers more to tolerate the rotten product supplied to them by the parents. Higher salary equals more expense. Results are usually not good because of the old saying: "You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit".
Hold the dumb ones back a year.

Yeah, yeah..... it looks like mental illness fucked a sewer rat.... but it does have a point.

Do you really need to know how to read and write to burn down black businesses? Or shoot cops?

Me thinks not.

kate_brown_in_2017__cropped_.jpg

Those yellow teeth do it for me.... when I say "do it for me" I mean they make me wretch uncontrollably.
The real problem is that things like that keep getting elected. Our sons are suffering now.

This officially sends the signal to minority students that less is expected of them and they
needn't worry if they can't do even the basic work whites and Asians are capable of doing
because the democrat party of Oregon realizes they are mentally inferior.

It's racist policy instituted by Kate Brown and approved by democrats in Oregon.

It's the new Jim Crow ushered in by the left.

Bad move on Oregon's part but at least they didn't go the other way and impose a stricter skill set by requiring all graduates to be fluent in Spanish. Now that certainly would have made more sense.

Another wonderful effect of leftism. Stupidity
Except not so stupid. They are working on their strategic plan to keep Oregon kids stupider and stupider for mind control, similar to Jehovah Witnesses's and other cults by keeping the kids ignorant they will stay in lock-step and do as they are told. Vote Democrat! :salute:

Oregon has long been rated at the bottom for lousy schools.

Nearly 1 in 3 Oregon high schools rank in bottom quarter nationally, U.S. News finds​

Updated May 01, 2019; Posted Apr 30, 2019

Bad move on Oregon's part but at least they didn't go the other way and impose a stricter skill set by requiring all graduates to be fluent in Spanish. Now that certainly would have made more sense.
Or fluent in Mandarin. :surprised1:

I am sure that is the case with you also.

The fact that most education bashers do not realize is that many teachers disagree with the union position on many issues. Show me when this was voted on by the membership.
I'm not in a union. The few times I was forced to join the local, it was absolutely worthless.

Teachers' unions do little for the average teacher. They do, however, protect the jobs of below-average teachers.
Meanwhile, if individual teachers disagree so much with the union's position, the union should not have those positions.

Yet they do. It's like the unions protect their own existence, and don't care what the teachers want.

I'm not in a union. The few times I was forced to join the local, it was absolutely worthless.

Teachers' unions do little for the average teacher. They do, however, protect the jobs of below-average teachers.
Meanwhile, if individual teachers disagree so much with the union's position, the union should not have those positions.

Yet they do. It's like the unions protect their own existence, and don't care what the teachers want.
For most of my career as a teacher, I did not belong to a union either because they only truly represented tenured teachers.

I disagree with your assessment that they protect the jobs of below-average teachers. Many times I saw good teachers being railroaded by administrators who had never heard the term "due process" until it was forced upon them by the union. They just wanted the ability to fire someone when their wife or husband wouldn't put out for them last night.

I once had a principal threaten to fire me because he accused me of disobeying his instructions. He was smart enough to contact my union representation prior to making a fool out of himself. When we held our meeting where he expected me to quit, I provided documentation that I had been doing exactly what I was accused of NOT doing.

This same principal accused me of not updating my notebook used by substitute teachers with current class lists. He did not even realize I was using a tool provided in our online gradebook that even showed seating charts and pictures of my students. He was unaware that such a tool was possible because he did not understand the student information management system. As a former administrator, I helped implement an almost identical system for over 70,000 students in our school district in Florida. I loved watching him dig a hole and crawl in it right behind his desk when I showed him that I had completed the task months before.

Unions have their shortcomings, but defending teachers and demanding due process is one very valid function.

Untrue since members crossed party lines to support or not to support the bill.

Do ya know the meaning of "a couple"? Maybe TWO HUH??? Which way did they cross? Was it even a CONTEST ?? Or do ya think that MAY BE OREGON is essentially is a ONE PARTY STATE right now.. And you're attempt to DEFLECT and DEFUSE this abomination with 2 "crossing party lines" is absolutely meaningless. ------ Or dont you actually think?

You searching for ways to defend this crap -- but it's COMPLETELY INDEFENSIBLE...

THIS is the systemic racism that the Dem party is projecting on the rest of us.. "We've tried to educate blacks and Latino/Latina for years -- but they are not smart enough and dont VALUE education".

There's the vestiges of the party of slavery, Confederacy, Jim Crow and segregation. RE-EMERGING to RE-SEGREGATE America. Maybe as Biden once quipped -- " to put y'all BACK in chains"..

Because what? They're gonna CHAIN minorities to a classroom seat for 12 YEARS and not direct them to partake of education.. They just SIT THERE and if they die of boredom or get a better offer from a gang for their time -- they'll eventually get a WORTHLESS OREGON HS DIPLOMA?????

Why even require them to attend? Just come out and say it -- you're too intellectually handicapped by your race to get anything out a school where math, science, history and GRADES and tests are ALL RACIST...

The left needs a head exam..

Do ya know the meaning of "a couple"? Maybe TWO HUH??? Which way did they cross? Was it even a CONTEST ?? Or do ya think that MAY BE OREGON is essentially is a ONE PARTY STATE right now.. And you're attempt to DEFLECT and DEFUSE this abomination with 2 "crossing party lines" is absolutely meaningless. ------ Or dont you actually think?

You searching for ways to defend this crap -- but it's COMPLETELY INDEFENSIBLE...

THIS is the systemic racism that the Dem party is projecting on the rest of us.. "We've tried to educate blacks and Latino/Latina for years -- but they are not smart enough and dont VALUE education".

There's the vestiges of the party of slavery, Confederacy, Jim Crow and segregation. RE-EMERGING to RE-SEGREGATE America. Maybe as Biden once quipped -- " to put y'all BACK in chains"..

Because what? They're gonna CHAIN minorities to a classroom seat for 12 YEARS and not direct them to partake of education.. They just SIT THERE and if they die of boredom or get a better offer from a gang for their time -- they'll eventually get a WORTHLESS OREGON HS DIPLOMA?????

Why even require them to attend? Just come out and say it -- you're too intellectually handicapped by your race to get anything out a school where math, science, history and GRADES and tests are ALL RACIST...

The left needs a head exam..
Last year most schools did the same or had other rules like attendance suspended for students so it is not such an abnormal occurrence even the white kids got the break.

"The Oregon Congress is on the verge of passing a law abolishing the requirements for high school graduates to be able to read, write and know the simplest arithmetic"
And why is need to read to those, sitting on magic mushrooms?

Capital has clearly stepped up the execution of the darkest dystopias...

Untrue since members crossed party lines to support or not to support the bill.

You never mentioned it was temporary while they review the old law from 2009 and updated it in 2022 with new rules for graduation.

The House went 38-18 and the Senate !6-13 in favor of no testing. The Oregon House has 60 seats 37-22-1 favoring Dems, the Senate is 18-11 favoring Dems. I believe from the articles I read Dems were all yeas as was the independent and the the GOP all voted nay. Do you have different information? Let me see it.

"The Oregon Congress is on the verge of passing a law abolishing the requirements for high school graduates to be able to read, write and know the simplest arithmetic"

You confuse the testing requirement with the education requirement. Remember, those same students have had to take hundreds of tests proving their education, it's called classroom. If they failed to show such skills, they would not pass the class, and not be eligible to graduate.

This merely temporarily drops them taking a test they are still trying to figure out how to give. It's only given in person, and had no remote option.

Boyle said in an emailed statement that suspending the reading, writing and math proficiency requirements will benefit "Oregon’s Black, Latino, Latina, Latinx, Indigenous, Asian, Pacific Islander, Tribal, and students of colour."
Because they are all stupid. Right Boyle?
Yeah, that's not racist at all. Uuhhh huh. Lol

The pathetic thing is how many blacks and other minorities allow themselves to be used and patronized while being used as political pawns.

OL2C75HRJNHRZJOCTTGRI3HGSY-1.JPG

Just look at that face. The most typical look of the leftist enemy. Just look at that. Sums them up completely.

Forum List

Back