Racing towards America's collapse...Oregon Governor signs new law allowing students to graduate without proving they can read, write, or do math!!!!

If we listen to all the Far-Left Liberals, after they graduate with a participation diploma, we should also pay for those illiterate kids to now go to college.

When I first saw this in the news, I really thought it was from "The Onion" or "The Babylon Bee". Surprise, surprise.
And then of course give them degrees. Your operation will be performed by Shaniqua, she took the classes but never took a test. I’m sure you’ll be fine.

The law had overwhelming Democrat support & is justified on the basis that it will benefit non-white students.
I'm guessing that you're being facetious, you know, like "The Onion".

In the unlikely event, you are serious, specifically how will not being able to read, write or do the math, benefit black or brown students? Really, this could be very enlightening.
Matters not if your smart or just getting by, those who come to learn skills will, those who come to play at it wont.
Say%20wuuuut-S.gif

Please clarify this for me. Are you saying that it doesn't matter whether or not the high school diplomas mean the person receiving it can read, write, and do math at an acceptable level? With your apparent perspective, why would anyone believe that a student graduating from an Oregon high school, has any of those skills?

Perhaps I have a far different perspective. I'm really old, I was probably in college before you were born. There was no such thing as a remedial course of anything in college. I took every math course available in high school. It came easy. My freshman math courses in college covered everything I had in high school the first two weeks.

Those kids in Oregon won't be able to get into any sort of a decent trade school much less anything else. How does not being able to read, write or do arithmetic benefit the children of Oregon?

Yes they did it for the pandemic and they plan on making changes and new implementations for graduation next year.
Where do they say that and what difference does it make. You don't consider it child abuse to intentionally graduate kids that are not prepared?

Boyle said in an emailed statement that suspending the reading, writing and math proficiency requirements will benefit "Oregon’s Black, Latino, Latina, Latinx, Indigenous, Asian, Pacific Islander, Tribal, and students of colour."
Because they are all stupid. Right Boyle?
If they worked at it, I don't believe Oregon could make a more racist statement or policy. Just astounding.

Last edited:
An Oregon high school diploma does not guarantee that students who earned it can read, write or do math at a high school level.

Governor Kate Brown dropped the requirement that students demonstrate they have achieved those essential skills by signing Senate Bill 744 into law. She declined again Friday to comment on why she supported suspending the proficiency requirements, reported OregonLive.

The bill was not entered into the legislative database until July 29, a departure from the standard practice of updating the public database the same day a bill is signed. Charles Boyle, the governor’s deputy communications director, said the governor’s staff told legislative staff the same day the governor signed the bill.

Boyle said in an emailed statement that suspending the reading, writing and math proficiency requirements will benefit "Oregon’s Black, Latino, Latina, Latinx, Indigenous, Asian, Pacific Islander, Tribal, and students of colour."

Oregon education officials have long insisted they would not impose new graduation requirements on students who have already begun high school. New requirements would not take effect until the class of 2027. That means at least five more classes could graduate without demonstrating proficiency in math and writing.

(Excerpt) Read more at thepostmillennial.com ...

When is our SECOND REVOLUTION GOING TO START?
When it DOES... the only hope we will have of success will be the loyalty of our armed forces. If they refuse to follow orders to crush the rebellion then we will have a chance. IF we get that chance, we must not hesitate to remove every bit of the Marxist/CCP elements. Root and branch. No mercy, no guilt. Exterminate them before they do the same to us and our children.

Untrue since members crossed party lines to support or not to support the bill.

You never mentioned it was temporary while they review the old law from 2009 and updated it in 2022 with new rules for graduation.
say-S.jpg

Soooo, because it's HARD, it is OKAY to dump the lives of an entire state's high school students, over a number of years, in the trash can and not look back. WHAT A PLAN! You must be so proud!

So you do not think the teacher's union has a stake if the students are profient in reading and math? That explains a lot
Teacher's unions have no interest, whatsoever in the children or the teachers. They are only interested in power.

National Education Association General Counsel Bob Chanin stated in July 2009.

Chanin: "It is not because we care about children. And it is not because we have a vision of a great public school for every child. NEA and its affiliates are effective advocates because we have power. And we have power because there are more than 3.2 million people who are willing to pay us hundreds of millions of dollars in dues...."

Pretty much says it all.

They are biding time to get through covid, develop changes to their curriculum, including how instruction is carried out, and then allow the students who have had less time to adjust to pass through before going to standardized tests. It will be 2027 at the very earliest they can make the full transition. There have been multiple studies showing that minorities do better under alternative teaching models and they were closing the race gap up until no child left behind was passed. They continue to improve more than whites, just not at the previous gains they were getting prior to NCLB.
th%20%281%29-S.jpg

If that is true, please show us your reliable sources and working links. Please show us what school system is producing black or brown students who are outpacing white and Asian students.

They are biding time to get through covid, develop changes to their curriculum, including how instruction is carried out, and then allow the students who have had less time to adjust to pass through before going to standardized tests. It will be 2027 at the very earliest they can make the full transition. There have been multiple studies showing that minorities do better under alternative teaching models and they were closing the race gap up until no child left behind was passed. They continue to improve more than whites, just not at the previous gains they were getting prior to NCLB.
Again, teacher's unions have little or no impact of curriculum. They can suggest CRT all they want, but your local school board determines curriculum. CRT is a recent addition at the national union level. In y 21 years of teaching, unions had zero impact on what and how a subject was taught. I oppose CRT and would be the first one to object any discussion of including it in the curriculum.

Perhaps I'm confused. What does the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission have to do with a kid accepting or not a worthless diploma?

Why would a kid NOT accept a High School Diploma whether or not they can read, write, or do math?
Let me clear it up for you. If I am an employer and I require a high school diploma as a condition of employment and an OR student comes in and presents a diploma which requires no standards and therefore lacks accreditation, I won't hire them. It's kind of like if you go to a non accredited college, you diploma isn't worth the paper its printed on. Kate Brown has just put every OR high school student at a disadvantage.

Perhaps I'm confused. What does the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission have to do with a kid accepting or not a worthless diploma?

Why would a kid NOT accept a High School Diploma whether or not they can read, write, or do math?

I could be wrong, but I believe he was referring to it in the context of an employer not accepting a job applicant's Oregon diploma

When it DOES... the only hope we will have of success will be the loyalty of our armed forces. If they refuse to follow orders to crush the rebellion then we will have a chance. IF we get that chance, we must not hesitate to remove every bit of the Marxist/CCP elements. Root and branch. No mercy, no guilt. Exterminate them before they do the same to us and our children.
Human history is not the norm on that. Although it happens. What is feasible is that people will not listen to destructive entities like Prog Women after the initial death counts. If Jan. 6 was true to being Deplorables, where are the people who would support them at? They are in prison. A million people showing up and destroying the prison would send a message. So all was for naught and the deep state swamp is making examples out of them.

Who said anything about what the kid accepts? He is talking about the business not accepting the diploma the kid holds as valid because it does not include and standards.

Honestly, no one cares about HS diplomas anymore anyway, they have been meaningless for a long time.

This is not uncommon. Our kids are not being taught anything of value to get a job. They're taught so much self esteem that they think they know everything even though they can't read, write cursive, think, analyze, have no math skills...but they got that diploma that is worthless.

Last edited:
Another wonderful effect of leftism. Stupidity

Aren't you the guy who continues to votes for public officials to cut school taxes? What do you think happens to the quality of education when school districts have less and less money to work with, and more and more security requirements because school shootings. My high school didn't have an armed school cop on duty. Bet that guy makes more than the teachers, who have to buy school supplies for their students, and hold down two jobs to make ends meet.

And then have clowns like YOU blame them when the quality of education deteriorates, especially when they can't teach American history, climate science, or evolution on account of conservatives.

You have workers who can't do 21st Century jobs and Republicans are trying to restart the coal industry.

Forum List

Back