Racing towards America's collapse...Oregon Governor signs new law allowing students to graduate without proving they can read, write, or do math!!!!

For most of my career as a teacher, I did not belong to a union either because they only truly represented tenured teachers.

I disagree with your assessment that they protect the jobs of below-average teachers. Many times I saw good teachers being railroaded by administrators who had never heard the term "due process" until it was forced upon them by the union. They just wanted the ability to fire someone when their wife or husband wouldn't put out for them last night.

I once had a principal threaten to fire me because he accused me of disobeying his instructions. He was smart enough to contact my union representation prior to making a fool out of himself. When we held our meeting where he expected me to quit, I provided documentation that I had been doing exactly what I was accused of NOT doing.

This same principal accused me of not updating my notebook used by substitute teachers with current class lists. He did not even realize I was using a tool provided in our online gradebook that even showed seating charts and pictures of my students. He was unaware that such a tool was possible because he did not understand the student information management system. As a former administrator, I helped implement an almost identical system for over 70,000 students in our school district in Florida. I loved watching him dig a hole and crawl in it right behind his desk when I showed him that I had completed the task months before.

Unions have their shortcomings, but defending teachers and demanding due process is one very valid function.
I don't share your rosy view, but I'm glad it worked out well for you.

Yeah, that's not racist at all. Uuhhh huh. Lol

The pathetic thing is how many blacks and other minorities allow themselves to be used and patronized while being used as political pawns.

View attachment 525139

Just look at that face. The most typical look of the leftist enemy. Just look at that. Sums them up completely.
White Democrats believe blacks are too dumb to succeed on their own without the help of white Democrats.

Black Democrats agree with them.

Pathetic.

Last year most schools did the same or had other rules like attendance suspended for students so it is not such an abnormal occurrence even the white kids got the break.

bUllCrap.. Last year was a SLAUGHTER for minority kids all over the country in terms of their whole education trajectory.. In Baltimore, 41% had under or equal to a 1.0 gpa...

NEVER did any other STATE or even City just up and declare that they wouldn't be assessing education for minorities.. The big Blue states and Cities just IGNORED them --- because Covid.

So -- why are you scraping thru all these deflections and lies to DEFEND SOMETHING this horrendous?

The House went 38-18 and the Senate !6-13 in favor of no testing. The Oregon House has 60 seats 37-22-1 favoring Dems, the Senate is 18-11 favoring Dems. I believe from the articles I read Dems were all yeas as was the independent and the the GOP all voted nay. Do you have different information? Let me see it.

MoonBeam is clinging to some words in the article that "a couple crossed party lines".. He insists on ignoring the delirium here and the tragedy, by tossing up flack.. You're RIGHT that "a couple crossing party lines" doesn't matter in a ONE PARTY STATE.. But Moonies observation is particularly useless because it COULD HAVE BEEN 2 Dems fleeing the insanity of all this..

Where are the black liberals comments? This has to deeply offend them and yet they are curiously silent.

Geeee I wonder why.

MarcAtl. What's your opinion of this typical left wing patronizing white leftist lowering testing standards in order to ingratiate herself to minorities?

You must be offended by such blatant racist tactics by insinuating blacks simply aren't smart as whites so they cannot have the same lofty standards as whites.

This, deeply offends you MarcAtl, right?

RIGHT?!?

An Oregon high school diploma does not guarantee that students who earned it can read, write or do math at a high school level.

Governor Kate Brown dropped the requirement that students demonstrate they have achieved those essential skills by signing Senate Bill 744 into law. She declined again Friday to comment on why she supported suspending the proficiency requirements, reported OregonLive.

The bill was not entered into the legislative database until July 29, a departure from the standard practice of updating the public database the same day a bill is signed. Charles Boyle, the governor’s deputy communications director, said the governor’s staff told legislative staff the same day the governor signed the bill.

Boyle said in an emailed statement that suspending the reading, writing and math proficiency requirements will benefit "Oregon’s Black, Latino, Latina, Latinx, Indigenous, Asian, Pacific Islander, Tribal, and students of colour."

Oregon education officials have long insisted they would not impose new graduation requirements on students who have already begun high school. New requirements would not take effect until the class of 2027. That means at least five more classes could graduate without demonstrating proficiency in math and writing.

(Excerpt) Read more at thepostmillennial.com ...

When is our SECOND REVOLUTION GOING TO START?
This is the ultimate goal of the left with our education: dumb America down so much they’ll use it as an excuse to import more immigrants.

They are biding time to get through covid, develop changes to their curriculum, including how instruction is carried out, and then allow the students who have had less time to adjust to pass through before going to standardized tests. It will be 2027 at the very earliest they can make the full transition. There have been multiple studies showing that minorities do better under alternative teaching models and they were closing the race gap up until no child left behind was passed. They continue to improve more than whites, just not at the previous gains they were getting prior to NCLB.
Define alternative teaching models---lower standards for miniorities and two teaching black males with solely only other blacks males.

Define alternative teaching models---lower standards for miniorities and two teaching black males with solely only other blacks males.

I can define what model they are going to use since they have not decided that yet.

I don’t think that includes gov employees. From what I can see Oregon employs about 95k between state and local officials.

So once all of these equity programs take hold, why would anyone hire a black person? What does this do to future employment by blacks that actually know some things? It ruins their careers, every diploma and educational award they get is now worthless.

Graduating top of your class in Oregon as any race is pretty much worthless now. Stop parading around with your participation trophy.

bUllCrap.. Last year was a SLAUGHTER for minority kids all over the country in terms of their whole education trajectory.. In Baltimore, 41% had under or equal to a 1.0 gpa...

NEVER did any other STATE or even City just up and declare that they wouldn't be assessing education for minorities.. The big Blue states and Cities just IGNORED them --- because Covid.

So -- why are you scraping thru all these deflections and lies to DEFEND SOMETHING this horrendous?
Can't be any worse than transfer policy on college courses that were not copesetic at all colleges, universities and military college course programs like CLEP prior to 1990. Most schools last year have grades for students who never attended or did work and if a legislative body wants to change graduation criteria then they have the legal authority to do as such.

That is typical of those outside the world of education and those like you have a tendency to paint that world with very broad brushes.

The size of the BRUSH - does not matter.. If it affects YOUR KIDS -- it's big enough.. And when things get THIS STUPID on a state-wide scale and mental midgets in charge of that WHOLE STATE toss their hands up and STOP EDUCATING because it's HOPELESS TO EDUCATE MINORITY STUDENTS -- that's enough to make ALL parents studying the "woking dead" invasion into education establishments take notice..

Last edited:
Can't be any worse than transfer policy on college courses that were not copesetic at all colleges, universities and military college course programs like CLEP prior to 1990.

Yes it IS worse. This is not a simple matter of harmonizing accreditations. This is RACIST surrender of the education authority in AN ENTIRE STATE.. Where ANY CHANCES OF GOING to college or GETTING an education has just been surrendered.

Bare ass twerking kids say the darndest stupid crap...

Can't be any worse than transfer policy on college courses that were not copesetic at all colleges, universities and military college course programs like CLEP prior to 1990. Most schools last year have grades for students who never attended or did work and if a legislative body wants to change graduation criteria then they have the legal authority to do as such.

Just be honest and answer one question.. WHY -- are you schilling for RACIST education policies launched in an ENTIRE STATE? Why are trying every weak excuse and bad analogy to DEFEND THIS?

Yes it IS worse. This is not a simple matter of harmonizing accreditations. This is RACIST surrender of the education authority in AN ENTIRE STATE.. Where ANY CHANCES OF GOING to college or GETTING an education has just been surrendered.

Bare ass twerking kids say the darndest stupid crap...
Who are these racist policies oppressing, who are they enslaving, who are they keeping from voting or holding office? How can they be racist they are grades??

Forum List

Back