race race race race

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
1663694072659.png

William “Marc” Wilson was recently convicted of involuntary manslaughter for a shooting that he says was in self-defense against a racist attack on a Georgia highway, and his family and lawyers say the case reveals a racial double standard for “stand your ground” laws.

“If you put me in Marc’s shoes, there’s no way that I would've been prosecuted,” Wilson’s cousin, Chance Pridgen, who is white, told Yahoo News. “Odds are I would've been given a medal — probably gotten a parade in my name. It’s unreal how he was treated just because he’s a little bit more tan than I am.”

Wilson, a biracial Black man, 21 years old at the time of the shooting on June 14, 2020, fired his legal handgun at a pickup truck of white teens who he says were yelling racial slurs at him and trying to run him and his white girlfriend off the road near Statesboro, Ga. One of those bullets struck and killed 17-year-old Haley Hutcheson, who was in the back seat of the truck.

Thats not "stand your ground" thats manslaughter, if not murder, you fucking idiots.

Last edited:
Wilson, a biracial Black man, 21 years old at the time of the shooting on June 14, 2020, fired his legal handgun at a pickup truck of white teens who he says were yelling racial slurs at him and trying to run him and his white girlfriend off the road near Statesboro, Ga. One of those bullets struck and killed 17-year-old Haley Hutcheson, who was in the back seat of the truck.

Thats not "stand your ground" thats manslaughter, if not murder, you fucking idiots.

I don't know that I necessarily agree. If it was just yelling slurs at them, then yes, but if they were trying to run him off the road that can almost be looked at as attempted murder. These road ragers and people who fuck around like this on the road slamming their break in front of you or purposely cutting into your lane to scare you and force you over can kill someone.

View attachment 698875
William “Marc” Wilson was recently convicted of involuntary manslaughter for a shooting that he says was in self-defense against a racist attack on a Georgia highway, and his family and lawyers say the case reveals a racial double standard for “stand your ground” laws.

“If you put me in Marc’s shoes, there’s no way that I would've been prosecuted,” Wilson’s cousin, Chance Pridgen, who is white, told Yahoo News. “Odds are I would've been given a medal — probably gotten a parade in my name. It’s unreal how he was treated just because he’s a little bit more tan than I am.”

If they were trying to run him off the road it should be simple self defense.

I don't know that I necessarily agree. If it was just yelling slurs at them, then yes, but if they were trying to run him off the road that can almost be looked at as attempted murder. These road ragers and people who fuck around like this on the road slamming their break in front of you or purposely cutting into your lane to scare you and force you over can kill someone.
If the driver was the one who was shot, I could agree with you. However, it was a passenger in the backseat who was the victim. That makes all the difference.

I believe thats considered aggravated assault with a motor vehicle.
Not to mention, it was someone in the backseat that got shot.

If the driver was the one who was shot, I could agree with you. However, it was a passenger in the backseat who was the victim. That makes all the difference.
If you're a passenger of a car that's trying to run someone off the road, just as if you're a passenger in a car fleeing a bank robbery, and you get killed your death is on you. If you were in that car against your will your death is on the bank robbers or attempted murderers not the person defending their life.

If you're a passenger of a car that's trying to run someone off the road, just as if you're a passenger in a car fleeing a bank robbery, and you get killed your death is on you. If you were in that car against your will your death is on the bank robbers or attempted murderers not the person defending their life.

Two different scenarios

Try shooting at a moving target. I'm sure from his point of view he was just shooting at the car to get them to stop.

I'm sure from his point of view he was just shooting at the car to get them to stop.
I don't dispute that. However, the fact remains that the perpetrator of the assault was not shot. The first rule of firearm safety is to be sure of your target and if there is a chance you won't hit it, don't take the shot.

Same basic concept. If you're the passenger in a vehicle trying to run someone off the road you're either an accomplice or the kidnapped victim of the driver who won't let you out of the car.
That is the wrench in your scenario. Which was it? You don't know and no one else does either. That returns the ball to the court of the person who sent the bullet on its way.

That is the wrench in your scenario. Which was it? You don't know and no one else does either. That returns the ball to the court of the person who sent the bullet on its way.
It doesn't matter from the perspective of someone being run off the road by the car your in. It absolutely isnt the fault of the person simply trying to defend themselves. As I said either you're an accomplice or your death is on the driver of the car.

It doesn't matter from the perspective of someone being run off the road by the car your in
Do you have proof that happened? It is a case of "he said, she said" without corroborating evidence. Proof is something that is necessary in a court. Speculation has no place. The only "known" in this case by what the article presents is that a backseat passenger was killed by another person in another car who irresponsibly used a gun, which resulted in a death. If he had been run off the road, or there were other witnesses, the scenario might be different. A case can't be decided on your or anyone else's knee jerk reaction to an irrelevant issue such as race.

New Topics

Forum List

Back