Race and guns...who commits more suicide, who owns fewer guns but commits more murder....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yes.....interesting things about guns...it isn't gun ownership that causes gun murder...since the population doing most of the gun murder owns the fewest guns........

Bet you didn't know that.......

What the Amazing Racial Disparities in Gun Violence Can Teach us About Gun Control

The next interesting statistic is that this high homicide rate comes from a population with a much lower rate of gun ownership. Roughly “41 percent of white households own guns, compared with to just 19 percent of black households.”

In other words, when it comes to guns — white and black Americans live different lives.

White Americans don’t experience much criminal gun violence but have much greater experience with guns.

Widespread gun ownership doesn’t lead to criminal carnage, so fear-based gun control arguments simply don’t ring true.

The experience of black communities, by contrast, shows that unless there are effective legal, political, and cultural efforts to thwart the criminal class, even much lower rates of gun ownership won’t stop widespread violence. It doesn’t take many armed and angry people to exact a terrible toll.

Black America has a rate of gun ownership that gun controllers would long to achieve for the rest of the country, yet it still suffers from a horrifying level of homicide.

Suicides represent not just the vast majority of white gun deaths, but the vast majority of gun deaths overall.

It’s unclear, however, whether high rates of gun ownership are necessarily material to the suicide rate.

After all, as my colleague Mark Wright pointed out, Japan and South Korea have extremely high suicide rates despite far lower rates of gun ownership. Suicide is a cultural problem. It is not a gun problem.

Thanks to the Washington Post, I discovered this rather astounding chart showing the different rates of gun deaths for blacks and whites. For whites, “77 percent of gun deaths are suicides.” For black Americans, 82 percent die from homicide:

So blacks ownership of guns is 19%......and they kill at the 82% rate.....

So gun ownership is not the issue...since more whites own guns but commit less murder.......

Would any left wing anti gun extremists like to explain that....?

It's horrifying how many gun crimes are committed by non-Asian races. There should be laws written to control them.

Except....if you count the 100 million murdered by Chinese asians...and the 3 million murdered by Japanese asians...and the 1/3 of the population murdered by Cambodian asians...not to mention all the others murdered by "asians" in Asia.....

It's horrifying how many gun crimes are committed by non-Asian races. There should be laws written to control them.

Except....if you count the 100 million murdered by Chinese asians...and the 3 million murdered by Japanese asians...and the 1/3 of the population murdered by Cambodian asians...not to mention all the others murdered by "asians" in Asia.....
I'll acknowledge that if you acknowledge the mass casualties that resulted from the wars and genocides that white people inflicted on the world in the last 100 years.

I could delve into the last several 100 years but I want to give you a fighting chance.

I'll acknowledge that if you acknowledge the mass casualties that resulted from the wars and genocides that white people inflicted on the world in the last 100 years.

I could delve into the last several 100 years but I want to give you a fighting chance.

Humans inflicted mass casualties on each other all over the world…all races….against all races….Indians murdered indians, asians murdered asians, blacks murdered blacks, whites murdered whites….and whenever they crossed paths they killed each other…

the last 100 years…..you do realize that that includes the 70 million murdered by mao, the 3-10 million murdered by the Imperial Japan……

And with the mass murder, genocide and ethnic cleansing that happened in Europe…..the Europeans still gave up their guns with the belief that after the mass murder, genocide and ethnic cleansing….they could trust their governments to keep them safe forever after….

Humans inflicted mass casualties on each other all over the world…all races….against all races….Indians murdered indians, asians murdered asians, blacks murdered blacks, whites murdered whites….and whenever they crossed paths they killed each other…

the last 100 years…..you do realize that that includes the 70 million murdered by mao, the 3-10 million murdered by the Imperial Japan……

And with the mass murder, genocide and ethnic cleansing that happened in Europe…..the Europeans still gave up their guns with the belief that after the mass murder, genocide and ethnic cleansing….they could trust their governments to keep them safe forever after….
You left out that in recent history, the only place left where you see genocide, is in Africa. They apparently havent gotten their fill yet.

Yes.....interesting things about guns...it isn't gun ownership that causes gun murder...since the population doing most of the gun murder owns the fewest guns........

Bet you didn't know that.......

What the Amazing Racial Disparities in Gun Violence Can Teach us About Gun Control

The next interesting statistic is that this high homicide rate comes from a population with a much lower rate of gun ownership. Roughly “41 percent of white households own guns, compared with to just 19 percent of black households.”

In other words, when it comes to guns — white and black Americans live different lives.

White Americans don’t experience much criminal gun violence but have much greater experience with guns.

Widespread gun ownership doesn’t lead to criminal carnage, so fear-based gun control arguments simply don’t ring true.

The experience of black communities, by contrast, shows that unless there are effective legal, political, and cultural efforts to thwart the criminal class, even much lower rates of gun ownership won’t stop widespread violence. It doesn’t take many armed and angry people to exact a terrible toll.

Black America has a rate of gun ownership that gun controllers would long to achieve for the rest of the country, yet it still suffers from a horrifying level of homicide.

Suicides represent not just the vast majority of white gun deaths, but the vast majority of gun deaths overall.

It’s unclear, however, whether high rates of gun ownership are necessarily material to the suicide rate.

After all, as my colleague Mark Wright pointed out, Japan and South Korea have extremely high suicide rates despite far lower rates of gun ownership. Suicide is a cultural problem. It is not a gun problem.
I would like to go on record, because so many of you Fox News paranoid righty crackpots think I'm lib.....

I am 100% behind the NRA, and I am also opposed to those who want to define clearly what type of weapons are protected under the 2nd.

People will kill each other with bombs, knives, poison, or a baseball bats, among other things.

There is absolutely nothing accomplished by restricting firearms in almost any way.

Am I against private citizens owning RPG's or artillary? In some cases....

But the naive notion that they are coming for our guns is ridiculous

When Asians stop murdering babies that aren't part of the child quota you can talk. When Asians stop eating dog you can talk. When Asians stop practicing SLAVERY you can talk.

Yes....you racist Asians still use SLAVES. Fucking grow up and join the modern world Asians. We stopped using slavery 150 years ago.

You left out that in recent history, the only place left where you see genocide, is in Africa. They apparently havent gotten their fill yet.

And the Balkans……and soon…Europe once the new immigrants start resisting the culture there…..

Forum List

Back