R&RHoF Historic Injustice Rectified

Bon Jovi, The Cars, Dire Straits, The Moody Blues, and Nina Simone are the 2018 inductees into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

Good group. Bon Jovi was long overlooked too

I loved the Moody Blues in the 70s. They had a unique sound and "Nights in White Satin" was an all time classic

R&RHoF sucks Alaskan Moosecock.

I was in Cleveland on a business trip and had some time after I was done, so I went to the R&RHoF. I asked the Millennial behind the counter, "Where the Frank Zappa wing?" and he responded, "Who's Frank Zappa?"

"Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read." - Frank Zappa

Bon Jovi, The Cars, Dire Straits, The Moody Blues, and Nina Simone are the 2018 inductees into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

Good group. Bon Jovi was long overlooked too

I loved the Moody Blues in the 70s. They had a unique sound and "Nights in White Satin" was an all time classic
Bon Jovi has only been eligible for about 8 years; it's been 28 for the Moodys.

I was in Cleveland on a business trip and had some time after I was done, so I went to the R&RHoF. I asked the Millennial behind the counter, "Where the Frank Zappa wing?" and he responded, "Who's Frank Zappa?"

"Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read." - Frank Zappa

Frank Zappa is somewhere behind Kiss

Because they have so much in common

I disagree. Zappa and The Mothers of Invention had virtuosity in musicianship, soul in musical expression and intelligence in musical structure.

People's exhibit A:

I disagree. Zappa and The Mothers of Invention had virtuosity in musicianship, soul in musical expression and intelligence in musical structure.

People's exhibit A:

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, the question before you concerns the comparative musical merits of Frank Zappa and a manufactured band of cartoon characters marketed toward the musical taste of children and adolescent boys. Black and white makeup and gaudy costumes, or the talents of Frank Zappa.

I rest my case.

People's exhibit B:

One of the worlds greatest guitar solos

Zappa wasn't really a guitar god, but his solos were very innovative. The backing vocals were provided by Tina Turner.

And mental floss doesn't grow in Montana, or any other place. What I wouldn't give for a set of zircon encrusted tweezers!

Do you have Shut Up N Play Yer Guitar?

Right here!

Forum List

Back