Quiz for the Marxists/Democrats who visit this site. Which gun is an assault rifle?

Which weapon shown below is an assault weapon?

• Picture number 1.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Picture number 2.

• Neither.

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Both.

• Marxists/Democrats are clueless about weapons.

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
Incorrect:

The U.S. Army defines assault rifles as "short, compact, selective-fire weapons that fire a cartridge intermediate in power between submachine gun and rifle cartridges."[18] In this strict definition, a firearm must have at least the following characteristics to be considered an assault rifle:[2][3][4]

Rifles that meet most of these criteria, but not all, are not assault rifles according to the U.S. Army's definition. For example:

• Select-fire M2 Carbines are not assault rifles; their effective range is only 180 metres (200 yd).[19]
  • Select-fire rifles such as the Fedorov Avtomat, FN FAL, M14, and H&K G3 main battle rifles are not assault rifles; they fire full-powered rifle cartridges.
  • Semi-automatic-only rifles like the Colt AR-15 are not assault rifles; they do not have select-fire capabilities.
  • Semi-automatic-only rifles with fixed magazines like the SKS are not assault rifles; they do not have detachable box magazines and are not capable of automatic fire.

They asked ME to define it

And again, because you missed it......

The FOIA request itself was prompted from a Nov. 2017 article in The Atlantic in which the magazine, unsurprisingly to anyone familiar with its anti-gun bent, attempted to bolster a claim that “these rifles were meant for the military, not civilians.”

Original ATF AR-15 Classification Refutes Claim that Rifle ‘Not Meant’ for Civilians
I love that ammoland link. I have used it quite often. Particularly the embedded BATF certification letter.

PS.

The rate of fire is one shot per trigger pull. Like any other semi automatic rifle.
Rate of fire is determined by how quickly you can pull a trigger and how quickly a new round can be chambered

Measurable

Several things:

1. It's your link because you posted it to support your assertion. If you don't like the fact that it defines an assault rifle in such a way to exclude the AR-15, that's not my problem.
2. Your imagination about what it's based/styled on is meaningless when it comes to fully automatic fire. The civilian AR-15 does NOT do automatic fire, thus by the link you provided yourself, it's not an assault rifle. I don't know how else to put it, I believe you never really read your own link to realize it destroyed instead of supported your contention.
It's not my link, my web sites doesn't have that URL link.

The Britannica Information was supplied with regards to the discussion on Assault rifles. To be honest, as you retards keeping belting on about self defence, what does a Protection rifle look like? Which protection rifles does the military use?

In your own link No where does it have a switch that goes from Semi to Full Automatic on the AR-15. You are a very stupid person, or never have owned one.

12-install-e1420436113641.jpg

He's a Limey twit. He's probably never had a gun in his hand during his whole life, and would probably shit his drawers if someone handed him one.

Dude, in your own article it said "semiautomatic and fully automatic fire. " There is no fully automatic fire on an AR-15. I showed you the two differences between an AR-15 and an M4 military rifle, that Joe Biden gave to the Taliban without comprehensive background checks. Why do the Taliban get free assault rifles but law abiding US citizens dont? Do you hate law abiding citizens?
It's not my article, it's Britannica's. Are you being a stupid hunt on purpose?

We can look at things like rate of fire, muzzle velocity
Not hard
A M-1A has very nearly the same muzzle velocity ( 2,890 fps vs 3,250 fps for the lightest bullet weight (55 grain), the muzzle velocity of the heaviest bullet (73 grain) is actually slower ( 2,790 fps) than the .308 Winchester round fired by the M-1A. The .308 has much more muzzle energy due to its 180 grain bullet. Bullet weight has much more to do with muzzle energy than velocity. The .223/5.56 is a very light bullet.

Forum List

Back