Quid Pro Quo

Remember how at the beginning of Ukrainegate Republicans lined up behind Trump and proclaimed:
"There can be no crime because there was no quid pro quo"

Sen. Pat Toomey called the conversation “inappropriate,” the Pennsylvania Republican said “it does not rise to the level of an impeachable offense.”
It “reveals no quid pro quo,” he added.

“I didn’t find it concerning,” said Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa). “There was no quid pro quo, you’d have to have that if there was going to be anything wrong.”

Freedom Caucus Chairman Mark Meadows (R-N.C.), one of Trump’s top confidants on Capitol Hill, had tweeted four separate times about the absence of a “quid pro quo" by lunchtime.

Well now we know that there was a"Quid Pro Quo" offered, and expected by the President.

Volker writes, “Heard from White House — assuming President Z convinces trump he will investigate / “get to the bottom of what happened” in 20-16, we will nail down date for visit to Washington.”

Later in a response from the Ukrainian rep:
“Once we have a date,” Yermak says, he’ll call for a press briefing in which he’ll announce “among other things Burisma and election meddling in investigations.”

Sondland asks Volker, “Do we still want Ze to give us an unequivocal draft with 2016 and Boresma?” Volker answers: “That’s the clear message so far...”

Remember Boresma is the company that Trump is trying to tie Biden to- in Trump's phone call Trump never mentions Boresma but instead asks him to investigate Biden.

The quid pro quo is very explicit here- the new Ukrainian President very much wants a White House meeting with President Trump. He is offered that meeting if he investigates Boresma- or as Trump made clear on his call- Biden.

The quid pro quo is there- even without the pretty obvious quid pro quo of the arms money:

Bill Taylor, the top US diplomat at the US embassy in Ukraine:“Are we now saying that security assistance and WH meeting are conditioned on investigations?”........“As I said on the phone, I think it’s crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign.”

Now the Republican line is: 'nuttin illegal about 'quid pro quo' to get a foreign government to dig up dirt on a political opponent- well if Trump is doing it.

I am sure we will see all of the Republicans who proclaimed that the President did nothing wrong because there was no 'quid pro quo' offered, will be finding other reasons why it is okay for the President to offer a quid pro quo to a foreign government to dig up dirt on his political rival.
We are begging you democrats to vote to impeach.. BEGGING YOU.. do it! Please

I guess that is Trump talk for "I am okay with Trump offering a quid pro quo to a foreign government to influence an American election"
A meeting with the president is quid pro quo? lol you do understand trump has meetings with foreign leaders all the time right? There is tons of quid pro quo going on lol
What joe Biden did with his son was clearly corrupt, trump is the president he is looking out for out tax money.. ITS HIS JOB.

But go ahead and impeach.. lol watch what happens

Quid Pro Quo

Do Republicans not realize that anything they let Trump get away with, is setting a precedent for ALL future presidents not just Republican ones?
I've been warning the pseudocons for YEARS that they are setting benchmarks which would come back to bitch slap them.

And they have been getting bitch slapped since the day the Colluder-In-Chief was sworn in.

They have hacked off their moral legs. Totally. They are on stumps.

Do Republicans not realize that anything they let Trump get away with, is setting a precedent for ALL future presidents not just Republican ones?

I am just wondering- is there anything that Trump could do that Republicans would consider an abuse of office?

Or do they just believe like Trump does- that anything he does in office must be legal- as long as it is Trump.

I really am starting to believe he COULD shoot someone on 5th Avenue.
Off it’s a Democrat it would be a trader to America

Do you moonbats not realize that you're projecting onto Trump the numerous things that you've already let your own team get away with?
You have it backwards. Trump projects all of his faults, crimes, failings, and corruption onto others to such an extent that I am beginning to wonder if he was born in Kenya.

Remember how at the beginning of Ukrainegate Republicans lined up behind Trump and proclaimed:
"There can be no crime because there was no quid pro quo"

Sen. Pat Toomey called the conversation “inappropriate,” the Pennsylvania Republican said “it does not rise to the level of an impeachable offense.”
It “reveals no quid pro quo,” he added.

“I didn’t find it concerning,” said Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa). “There was no quid pro quo, you’d have to have that if there was going to be anything wrong.”

Freedom Caucus Chairman Mark Meadows (R-N.C.), one of Trump’s top confidants on Capitol Hill, had tweeted four separate times about the absence of a “quid pro quo" by lunchtime.

Well now we know that there was a"Quid Pro Quo" offered, and expected by the President.

Volker writes, “Heard from White House — assuming President Z convinces trump he will investigate / “get to the bottom of what happened” in 20-16, we will nail down date for visit to Washington.”

Later in a response from the Ukrainian rep:
“Once we have a date,” Yermak says, he’ll call for a press briefing in which he’ll announce “among other things Burisma and election meddling in investigations.”

Sondland asks Volker, “Do we still want Ze to give us an unequivocal draft with 2016 and Boresma?” Volker answers: “That’s the clear message so far...”

Remember Boresma is the company that Trump is trying to tie Biden to- in Trump's phone call Trump never mentions Boresma but instead asks him to investigate Biden.

The quid pro quo is very explicit here- the new Ukrainian President very much wants a White House meeting with President Trump. He is offered that meeting if he investigates Boresma- or as Trump made clear on his call- Biden.

The quid pro quo is there- even without the pretty obvious quid pro quo of the arms money:

Bill Taylor, the top US diplomat at the US embassy in Ukraine:“Are we now saying that security assistance and WH meeting are conditioned on investigations?”........“As I said on the phone, I think it’s crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign.”

Now the Republican line is: 'nuttin illegal about 'quid pro quo' to get a foreign government to dig up dirt on a political opponent- well if Trump is doing it.

I am sure we will see all of the Republicans who proclaimed that the President did nothing wrong because there was no 'quid pro quo' offered, will be finding other reasons why it is okay for the President to offer a quid pro quo to a foreign government to dig up dirt on his political rival.
We are begging you democrats to vote to impeach.. BEGGING YOU.. do it! Please

I guess that is Trump talk for "I am okay with Trump offering a quid pro quo to a foreign government to influence an American election"
A meeting with the president is quid pro quo? lol you do understand trump has meetings with foreign leaders all the time right? There is tons of quid pro quo going on lol
What joe Biden did with his son was clearly corrupt, trump is the president he is looking out for out tax money.. ITS HIS JOB.

But go ahead and impeach.. lol watch what happens

Quid Pro Quo
Happens all the time.. are you familiar with politics how we get deals done? How Hunter Biden got millions? Lol

LET THEM GO AHEAD AND IMPEACH TRUMP.... HERE'S WHAT HAPPENS THEN......
By: Hyram F. Suddfluffel, PhD, (Political Science)
I have a degree in Political Science, and I am a card-carrying Libertarian. I've been studying politics and political history for the past 30 years. My specialty is U.S. Presidents. That said, I hope that the House of
Representatives impeaches Trump. Let me tell you what will happen next!
1. The House can pass articles of impeachment over the objections of the
Republicans, and refer to the Senate for trial.
2. The Senate will conduct a trial. There will be a vote, and the Republicans will vote unanimously, along with a small number of Democrats, to not convict the President. Legally, it will all be over at that point.
3. However, during the trial, and this is what no one is thinking about right now, the President's attorneys will have the right to subpoena and question ANYONE THEY WANT.. That is different than the special counsel
investigation, which was very one-sided. So, during the impeachment trial, we will be hearing testimony from James Comey, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, Bruce Ohr, Glenn Simpson, Donna Brazile, Eric Holder, Loretta Lynch,
Christopher Steele, Hillary Clinton, John Brennan, James Clapper, and a whole host of other participants in this whole sordid affair and the ensuing cover up activities.
A lot of dirt will be dug up; a lot of truth will be unveiled. Finger pointing will occur. Deals will start being made, and suddenly, a lot of democrats will start being charged and going to prison.
All this, because, remember, the President's team will now, for the first time, have the RIGHT to question all of these people under oath – and they will turn on each other. That is already starting.
4. Lastly, one more thing will happen, the Senate will not convict the President. Nothing will happen to Trump. Most Americans are clueless about political processes, the law, and the Constitution. Most Americans believe
that being impeached results in removal from office. They don't understand that phase 2 is a trial in and by the Senate, where he has zero chance of conviction. Remember, the Senate is controlled by Republicans; they will
determine what testimony is allowed -- and **everything** will be allowed, including: DNC collusion with the Clinton campaign to fix the election in favor of Hillary, the creation of the Trump dossier, the cover up and
destruction of emails that very likely included incriminating information.
They will incriminate each other for lying to the FISA court, for spying and wiretapping the Trump campaign, and for colluding with foreign political actors, especially George Soros. After the Senate declines to convict the
President, we will have an election, and Trump will win. It will be a backlash against democrat petulance, temper tantrums, hypocrisy and dishonesty. Even minorities will vote for Trump, because, for the first time, they will see that democrats have spent 2+ years focused on maintaining their own power, and not doing anything at all about black murders in Chicago, homelessness, opioids, and other important issues that are actually killing people. And, we will spend the following four years listening to politicians and pundits claim that the whole impeachment was rigged.
So let's move on to impeachment.
Hyram F. Suddfluffel, PhD

Deroy Murdock: Joe Biden's actions on Ukraine reek of extortion and obstruction of justice

Sep 25, 2019 · The roaring controversy over President Trump, former Vice President Joe Biden, and their respective actions toward Ukraine sorely ...
Former Ukraine president: Biden never asked to close cases

Former Ukraine prosecutor says Hunter Biden ‘did not violate anything’

Too bad for you. Stop drinking the piss being poured for you by people who lie to you every day. You look foolish.

Deroy Murdock: Joe Biden's actions on Ukraine reek of extortion and obstruction of justice

Sep 25, 2019 · The roaring controversy over President Trump, former Vice President Joe Biden, and their respective actions toward Ukraine sorely ...

Too bad for you. Stop drinking the piss being poured for you by people who lie to you every day. You look foolish.
Former president? Lol do you know how corrupt that place was under his leadership??? Haha

I have a degree in Political Science, and I am a card-carrying Libertarian. I've been studying politics and political history for the past 30 years. My specialty is U.S. Presidents. That said, I hope that the House of
2. The Senate will conduct a trial. There will be a vote, and the Republicans will vote unanimously, along with a small number of Democrats, to not convict the President. Legally, it will all be over at that point.
3. However, during the trial, and this is what no one is thinking about right now, the President's attorneys will have the right to subpoena and question ANYONE THEY WANT.. That is different than the special counsel
investigation, which was very one-sided. So, during the impeachment trial, we will be hearing testimony from James Comey, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, Bruce Ohr, Glenn Simpson, Donna Brazile, Eric Holder, Loretta Lynch,
Christopher Steele, Hillary Clinton, John Brennan, James Clapper, and a whole host of other participants in this whole sordid affair and the ensuing cover up activities.
A lot of dirt will be dug up; a lot of truth will be unveiled. Finger pointing will occur. Deals will start being made, and suddenly, a lot of democrats will start being charged and going to prison.
All this, because, remember, the President's team will now, for the first time, have the RIGHT to question all of these people under oath – and they will turn on each other. That is already starting.
4. Lastly, one more thing will happen, the Senate will not convict the President. Nothing will happen to Trump. Most Americans are clueless about political processes, the law, and the Constitution. Most Americans believe
that being impeached results in removal from office. They don't understand that phase 2 is a trial in and by the Senate, where he has zero chance of conviction. Remember, the Senate is controlled by Republicans; they will
determine what testimony is allowed -- and **everything** will be allowed, including: DNC collusion with the Clinton campaign to fix the election in favor of Hillary, the creation of the Trump dossier, the cover up and
They will incriminate each other for lying to the FISA court, for spying and wiretapping the Trump campaign, and for colluding with foreign political actors, especially George Soros. After the Senate declines to convict the
President, we will have an election, and Trump will win. It will be a backlash against democrat petulance, temper tantrums, hypocrisy and dishonesty. Even minorities will vote for Trump, because, for the first time, they will see that democrats have spent 2+ years focused on maintaining their own power, and not doing anything at all about black murders in Chicago, homelessness, opioids, and other important issues that are actually killing people. And, we will spend the following four years listening to politicians and pundits claim that the whole impeachment was rigged.
That fake internet meme, to which you didn't provide a link for obvious reasons, was written back during the Mueller investigation. It has NOTHING to do with the Colluder In Chief extorting the president of the Ukraine.

Nice try.

Hyram F. Suddfluffel Impeachment Post: Origin & Hoaxes

It has been uncovered that both Nancy Peloski's and Lurch Kerry's sons are mixed up in this corrupt mess.

But it's all about Trump trying to derail the campaign of Biden, whose campaign has been crashing and burning all on it own.

Uh-huh, sure.

Once again, the *ahem* assumption that Trump's motivation is purely political.....Ever entertain the notion that Biden is running for, and will not attain, the DNC nomination is incidental?

Ukraine is a cesspool of international corruption....It also turns out that $1.8 billion in Murican foreign aid payola magically disappeared into thin air back in 2014.

But all the leftbats can do is keep bleating about ELECTION MEDDLING!

Tell us all about all of the people not named Biden that President Trump has insisted that Ukraine and China dig up dirt on in the name of 'fighting corruption'?

Tell us why Trump insisted that Ukraine make a public announcement of an investigation into Burisma and Biden- you know- to fight corruption.

Ukraine is certainly a cesspool of corruption. And our President just offered a quid pro quo to Ukraine to dig up dirt on his political opponent?

Even Trump acknowledges Biden as his political rival- I find it amusing that his lackeys like to pretend that he isn't.
Still irrelevant to the fact that Biden's political campaign is incidental to the facts being uncovered.

Trump really had no choice to announce what he did, since the fake "whistleblower" already went running to Pencil Neck Schiff with his gossip and it all became public.

Your claim of a quid-pro-quo is imputing of motivations, based upon your obvious confirmation bias....Why don't you just admit that you really don't give a fuck when the corrupt players in the Ukraine are on your team?

Unfortunately for you- but fortunately for Trump- the facts are not on your side.
Trump was demanding a public announcement of an investigation at the same time Trump was trying his damndest to keep the American public from knowing that he was.

There is no 'claim' of a quid pro quo- I gave you the actual quotes- the President's representatives offered a White House meeting with Trump if Ukraine would publicly announce they were investigating his political rival.

That you are okay with Trump asking both Ukraine and now China to dig up dirt on a political rival just demonstrates your 'confirmation bias'.

That fake internet meme, to which you didn't provide a link for obvious reasons, was written back during the Mueller investigation. It has NOTHING to do with the Colluder In Chief extorting the president of the Ukraine.

Nice try.
Good impeach away lol

Former president? Lol do you know how corrupt that place was under his leadership??? Haha
So Biden was right to withhold aid until the corruption was cleaned up!

You tards are trying to have it both ways. Doesn't work.

I am just wondering- is there anything that Trump could do that Republicans would consider an abuse of office?

Or do they just believe like Trump does- that anything he does in office must be legal- as long as it is Trump.

I really am starting to believe he COULD shoot someone on 5th Avenue.
Off it’s a Democrat it would be a trader to America
Many Democrats are traders in America.

What do you have against traders?

It was clear Trump was holding up the arms to Ukraine and a visit to the US by Zelensky until he heard the magic word
Just like every other president in US history has done 10,000 times. No law against that. Try another new spin.

Meantime, if this were 2016 and Obama, Hillary and the DNC was holding up some deal or pressuring a country to give them information on some crime they believed of Trump, you'd call it justice and necessary opposition research.

KINDA LIKE YOUR TRYING TO FORCE THE GERMAN Deutsche Bank to do by turning over bank records on candidate Trump RIGHT NOW.

Forum List

Back