Questions to Muslims

Muslim75

Nov 23, 2014
Dakar
Greetings to all readers,

If you want to convert to Islam, you need to say, by yourself: "there is no God but God and Muhammad is the Messenger of God". This makes you a Muslim, and all the Muslims are your brothers, and you are their brothers, and you become part of the nation of Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family), part of his Umma. Then, if you want to be a practicing Muslim, you may learn about Islam, and you may go to a mosque and talk to its Imam (the leader of the prayers) about it.

I am a practicing Muslim. I am not a scholar or someone holding some kind of degrees in Islam but I am very well versed in Islam. I would like that this thread serves the purpose of answering questions one may have about Islam. I will try to answer your questions. This is for those who are not just interested in all the stereotypical answers given by scholars of Islam and found in books of theirs. This is for those want to have answers from practicing Muslims and see how they feel about their religion, Islam. This is for those who have criticism of the religion of Islam and think it is not right and not perfect. I welcome all criticism and look forward to responding to it. However, I will not respond to insults. Please feel comfortable participating in this thread, and kindly receive my deep gratitude.

Islam's just Judaism v3.0. Christianity was v2.0. If seriously interested in pleasing God, why not just study to become Jewish? How "true" can a 3rd version be if to join it you just utter a sentence? Sounds made up :)

Any fool can recite one sentence and become a Muslim, but you can be killed for leaving Islam.

Hadith Muslim
Book 16, Number 4152:
'Abdullah (b. Mas'ud) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying : It is not permissible to take the life of a Muslim who bears testimony (to the fact that there is no god but Allah, and I am the Messenger of Allah, but in one of the three cases: the married adulterer, a life for life, and the deserter of his Din (Islam), abandoning the community.

Book 16, Number 4154:
'Abdullah (b. Mas'ud) reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) stood up and said : By Him besides Whom there is no god but He, the blood of a Muslim who bears the testimony that there is no god but Allah, and I am His Messenger, may be lawfully shed only in case of three persons: the one who abandons Islam, and deserts the community and the married adulterer, and life for life.

1) Why do you believe in a god that cannot what his creations can?

You say He cannot rest. Why not? He can do whatever He wants. And if He wants a day off He is more than entitled to it.

If He wants to have a Son, why can't He?

And yet we can have offspring and relax when we feel like it. So why do you believe a god who makes his creatures that can do what He cannot?

2) why do you personally claim that Muslims are not supposed to wage war anymore when your scriptures and prophet said otherwise? When did this command change? And how can it change unless God reveals it to another prophet? Who recieved this command and why does the Muslim world at large reject it? And why do you keep ignoring this question when I ask?

3) how do you know the Quran is true or that Mohammad was a prophet? Indeed how can you except with the Spirit of prophecy given by the Holy Spirit?

4) why are you unwilling to read the Bible and Book of Mormon? How can you claim to be secure in your faith while being unwilling to understand others?

You say He cannot rest. Why not? He can do whatever He wants. And if He wants a day off He is more than entitled to it.

And yet we can have offspring and relax when we feel like it. So why do you believe a god who makes his creatures that can do what He cannot?

2) why do you personally claim that Muslims are not supposed to wage war anymore when your scriptures and prophet said otherwise? When did this command change? And how can it change unless God reveals it to another prophet? Who recieved this command and why does the Muslim world at large reject it? And why do you keep ignoring this question when I ask?

3) how do you know the Quran is true or that Mohammad was a prophet? Indeed how can you except with the Spirit of prophecy given by the Holy Spirit?

4) why are you unwilling to read the Bible and Book of Mormon? How can you claim to be secure in your faith while being unwilling to understand others?

A Mormon dissing Islam lmao

Last edited:

A Mormon dissing Islam lmao

Forgive me if I don't take people who get their information from south park seriously. Besides even south park admits we are correct;)

Islam's just Judaism v3.0. Christianity was v2.0. If seriously interested in pleasing God, why not just study to become Jewish? How "true" can a 3rd version be if to join it you just utter a sentence? Sounds made up :)

"Utter a sentence". We don't need to focus on rhetorics. If you prefer, "say to yourself, because you think it's true, that there is no God but God and that Muhammad is the messenger of God" (peace be upon him and his family).

Before the Judaism of Moses there was Abraham, Noah, Adam and others. We don't say that Moses copied from Abraham. This Judais came first thing, it makes no sense. Winter comes after summer, but when it's winter time, you say summer will come after winter. How do you believe that there is truth in Judaism and there is no truth in Christianity or Islam ? There is truth in Judaism, and Christianity, and Islam, because obviously, simply, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad were true prophets of God.

The notion that if you utter the Shahada, you become Muslim, stems from the Islamic tradition of not knowing what is in a man's mind / heart / not judging based on the unknown. There is a hadith where during battle, a man drops his spear and says the shahada, hearing this, the Muslim soldier kills him anyway claiming that he only said it to have his life spared. When news is brought to Muhammad, the soldier is chastised for killing a fellow Muslim. The dead "convert" may very well have only said it to have his life spared, but that is not for individuals to decide; additionally, Muhammad asserted that even if the man was not entirely genuine in his conversion it still represents an opportunity to introduce someone to the faith.

So while a practicing Muslim should do more than simply utter the shahada, that is technically all one needs to do in order to meet the base requirements.

Any fool can recite one sentence and become a Muslim, but you can be killed for leaving Islam.

Hadith Muslim
Book 16, Number 4152:
'Abdullah (b. Mas'ud) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying : It is not permissible to take the life of a Muslim who bears testimony (to the fact that there is no god but Allah, and I am the Messenger of Allah, but in one of the three cases: the married adulterer, a life for life, and the deserter of his Din (Islam), abandoning the community.

there were a number of people who left the faith during Muhammad's lifetime and he didn't have them killed for doing so. The greater historical connection to Muhammad does not mandate death for apostasy.

The notion that if you utter the Shahada, you become Muslim, stems from the Islamic tradition of not knowing what is in a man's mind / heart / not judging based on the unknown. There is a hadith where during battle, a man drops his spear and says the shahada, hearing this, the Muslim soldier kills him anyway claiming that he only said it to have his life spared. When news is brought to Muhammad, the soldier is chastised for killing a fellow Muslim. The dead "convert" may very well have only said it to have his life spared, but that is not for individuals to decide; additionally, Muhammad asserted that even if the man was not entirely genuine in his conversion it still represents an opportunity to introduce someone to the faith.

So while a practicing Muslim should do more than simply utter the shahada, that is technically all one needs to do in order to meet the base requirements.

Can you be a true Muslim if you have not murdered a Kafir? Will Allah accept you into the nest of evil that is Islam if you have not engaged in great evil?

Can you be a true Muslim if you have not murdered a Kafir? Will Allah accept you into the nest of evil that is Islam if you have not engaged in great evil?

Simple murder, even of a kafir, violates basic laws of governance stemming from the Quran. Even Islamic radicals / terrorists have to go through some very heavy round about ideological gymnastics in order to attempt to justify their murder of civilians (in fact claiming that they are not civilians at all).

Hadith Muslim
Book 16, Number 4152:

Book 16, Number 4154:
'Abdullah (b. Mas'ud) reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) stood up and said : By Him besides Whom there is no god but He, the blood of a Muslim who bears the testimony that there is no god but Allah, and I am His Messenger, may be lawfully shed only in case of three persons: the one who abandons Islam, and deserts the community and the married adulterer, and life for life.

It's not uttering a sentence. It's realizing something, then you speak it out loud, to yourself of to others.

One is not killed if he leaves Islam for another religion. The government, whose law is Islam kills the one who leaves Islam for another religion. "Our nation belongs to God Almighty, who likes the law of Islam. Once you accept this law of God, don't humiliate Him by leaving His law for another law that you think is better. If you dare to do it, our government will have you killed, as a criminal."

It's not uttering a sentence. It's realizing something, then you speak it out loud, to yourself of to others.

One is not killed if he leaves Islam for another religion. The government, whose law is Islam kills the one who leaves Islam for another religion. "Our nation belongs to God Almighty, who likes the law of Islam. Once you accept this law of God, don't humiliate Him by leaving His law for another law that you think is better. If you dare to do it, our government will have you killed, as a criminal."

How do you reconcile that against the fact that, even as a political leader, Muhammad did not have apostates killed for leaving the Islamic faith while in Abyssinia?

Following the light is dumb to those who remain in darkness

"Man is of a dual Nature. His life is only a success when both sides are in perfect harmony..."

I disagree. Harmony only comes in overcoming our fallen nature and becoming a new divine creature through Christ

And if that is the Way you choose to devote yourself to God, than so be it. Tis only one of many Ways.

Again I disagree. You cannot embrace the corrupt side of our natures and reap anything but corruption. Corrupt seeds bring corrupt fruit. Good seeds bring good fruit.

Hadith Muslim
Book 16, Number 4152:

Book 16, Number 4154:

Then explain why Muslims who leave the faith are killed by Muslims in nations where the government forbids such killing.

And please answer my questions.

Forum List

Back