Question about history of Mexican presidents.

BrickHouse88

Mar 5, 2022
On this Wikipedia link is a list of every Mexican president in chronological order. Just click the section: First Federal Republic.

My question is though, why isn’t Pedro Velez listed as the 4th president of Mexico? How come under the 8th president of Mexico there’s seven different names?

Just curious about that. It happens a few time in the president list. If anyone knows why this occurs, plz explain it to me.

Thank you.

This guy was President at least 5 times, probably more, and decided who was President most of the time for the first 3 or so decades of Mexico's existence. Outside of Santa Anna, none of them on that list were important or in office long.

Ok. This Pedro Velez guy just wasn’t all that important..?

Your list doesn't even have Santa Anna listed, so obviously Pedro was a ringer. Mexico changed govts. something like 35 times in 3 or 4 decades. Outside of Santa Anna none of them accomplished much. There was basically only one real El Presidente from 1822 to after the Gadsden Purchase.

Shortly after the U.S. Civil War, Germany placed their hand picked king to rule Mexico. What were they thinking?

Well, obviously they were thinking more than you are.

It was not Germany that did that, it was France. And Emperor Maximilian I was not German, he was Austrian.

And it was not after the Civil War, it was during it. Max took power on 10 April 1864. The Civil War lasted until 9 May 1865.

Wow, so much fail in a single sentence.

3v9ntg.jpg

Forum List

Back