Question about civil rights

Do you no of one? seems business would be poor unless its a little private hotel & how would you tell who is what sex? Civil rights?

Do you no of one? seems business would be poor unless its a little private hotel & how would you tell who is what sex? Civil rights?
Yes. I’m looking for a hotel, and one of them told me (actually quite politely) that their establishment was LBGT and for gay men only. I was just wondering if this is legal.

Not sure where so put this, but is it legal for a hotel to turn away all straight men and all women? I would see this as the same thing as if a hotel said that their hotel is for whites only.

Is this a violation of my rights?
Probably not.

Yes. I’m looking for a hotel, and one of them told me (actually quite politely) that their establishment was LBGT and for gay men only. I was just wondering if this is legal.
Um, this is kind of hard to believe. Name the hotel. This sounds like the imaginary mall that had EVERY POSTER in EVERY STORE with black models.

Oh, noes, the darkies and gays are coming to get you!!!

1669229037395.png

Not sure where so put this, but is it legal for a hotel to turn away all straight men and all women? I would see this as the same thing as if a hotel said that their hotel is for whites only.

Yes, it is illegal under public accommodation laws.

{An innkeeper is under an additional duty to receive and entertain all persons who offer themselves as guests, unless he or she has some reasonable grounds for refusal. The extent of what an innkeeper or restaurant owner may reasonably consider in denying a customer access to her establishment is limited by civil rights statutes: Owners are prohibited from refusing to accommodate or entertain persons on account of their race, color, religion, or national origin.}

Publish the name of the hotel and sue them. The American Center for Law and Justice would be a good place to turn for an advocate.

They are experts at defeating the thugs from the Anti Civil Liberties Union who would no doubt support the discrimination.

Probably not.

Um, this is kind of hard to believe. Name the hotel. This sounds like the imaginary mall that had EVERY POSTER in EVERY STORE with black models.

Oh, noes, the darkies and gays are coming to get you!!!

View attachment 729861

What are you yapping about, Stalin?

Hotels may not refuse service to those seeking lodging because they hate women and straight men - as no doubt you do.

Is America still a democracy?

Or has fascism's demands and priorities changed that?

{An innkeeper is under an additional duty to receive and entertain all persons who offer themselves as guests, unless he or she has some reasonable grounds for refusal. The extent of what an innkeeper or restaurant owner may reasonably consider in denying a customer access to her establishment is limited by civil rights statutes: Owners are prohibited from refusing to accommodate or entertain persons on account of their race, color, religion, or national origin.}

Publish the name of the hotel and sue them. The American Center for Law and Justice would be a good place to turn for an advocate.

They are experts at defeating the thugs from the Anti Civil Liberties Union who would no doubt support the discrimination.
Thank you. I’m not sure I’d want to fight to stay in a hotel populated by gay men who don’t want a straight woman there, but I do like to see the law applied equally. I am sure that gays would sue if they were turned away from a hotel for their “gayness,” so it seems hypocritical to reject straight people from a gay hotel.

To me the rooms are PA's, but if the hotel has conference rooms it can rent out it can decide which events it rents those rooms out to.

It's called being reasonable about what is a PA or not.

What are you yapping about, Stalin?

Hotels may not refuse service to those seeking lodging because they hate women and straight men - as no doubt you do.

Except I kind of doubt that Lisa's story is true.

Because she posted equally big whoppers about how a mall had nothing but posters of black people in every store.

OK, I decided to look and see if this is an anomaly, and apparently it isn‘t. There seem to be a number of gay- only hotels.

Now I can see where a hotel might want to say they are welcoming to gays, but to say ONLY gays can stay there is a step too far.

I would post an example, but it might be against the rules here.

To me the rooms are PA's, but if the hotel has conference rooms it can rent out it can decide which events it rents those rooms out to.

True, but that isn't the question that was asked.

It's called being reasonable about what is a PA or not.

This is America - reasonable left our shores a half-century ago.

Except I kind of doubt that Lisa's story is true.

No one gives a fuck.

The question asked was straight forward.

Because she posted equally big whoppers about how a mall had nothing but posters of black people in every store.

That's a different subject.

Based on representation in advertising and media, one would get the idea that blacks are 80% or greater of the population.

Is it illegal for a hotel to refuse lodging because the patron is female? Yes.

Is it illegal for a hotel to refuse lodging because the patron is heterosexual? The initial question is "how would they know?" But beyond that, Public Accommodation laws would prevent this.

MOST other businesses could - a gay club could legally refuse service to straight people - but not a hotel,

Well, civil rights legislation says something about "sexual orientation" being a protected class. Your mileage may vary depending on the state. A lot of hateful red states do not protect sexual orientation.

So I would say, yes, that would be a violation of your civil rights depending on where you live.

OK, I decided to look and see if this is an anomaly, and apparently it isn‘t. There seem to be a number of gay- only hotels.

I assume they rent by the half-hour?

Now I can see where a hotel might want to say they are welcoming to gays, but to say ONLY gays can stay there is a step too far.

Such hotels would be catering to prostitution.

I would post an example, but it might be against the rules here.

I don't see why it would be?

Forum List

Back