Quebec police admit they went undercover at Montebello protest

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Just a reminder of what police "tactics" you DO NOT want in America. These tactics are quite prevalent in Canada and are employed based on the federal government at the time in order to secure increased funding (they will be agent provocateurs that support the political ideology of the current government, whether the ruling government at the time knows about it or not).

The province and RCMP were caught in this particular event, holding rocks and threatening violence as they hid their faces. Regardless of my opinion of the protest itself, these state misrepresentations are not a tactic for democracies, but rather, fascist police states. The video on youtube is quite clear, they were caught on camera wearing police issued boots and the comical "arrest" by the officers as they sense the crowd is not happy with them. Disgraceful. These covert tactics are employed by Canada in U.S corporations here to spread interests in unions and general anti-American views. Notice in the video at about 54 seconds in he says, "they're *bleeping* cops".

This one left a horrible mark on Canada, but sadly it is far from an isolated case. I even read Europeans and American comment on it on another forum at the time with shock and disgust. Worse, I have seen the contrary in other countries. I have watched British undercovers in protests who unmasked themselves when a protester was violent. even went so far as to pull out his badge and show it within inches of the camera. Why? Because this is how real democratic nations operate. They do not hide behind secrecy but show that they are open with their methods because they actually protest society, not endanger it and create optics for agency reward.

Quebec police admit they went undercover at Montebello protest

Quebec provincial police admitted Thursday that three of their officers disguised themselves as demonstrators during the protest at the North American leaders summit in Montebello, Que.

However, the police force denied allegations its undercover officers were there on Monday to provoke the crowd and instigate violence.

"At no time did the police of the Sûreté du Québec act as instigators or commit criminal acts," the police force said in French in a news release. "It is not in the police force's policies, nor in its strategies, to act in that manner.

"At all times, they responded within their mandate to keep order and security."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back