Quantum computing

It requires a million quibits to do calculations a conventional computer cannot do. Here is a good lesson from someone in the field.

So what basically she's saying is that there are a LOT of companies running full speed into this but so far only Google has actually used a quantum computer to do anything but shortly after IBM said they really actually didn't do anything after all so never mind. All the dozens of other companies around the world are still working on this and so far haven't brought any of their great ideas to reality yet, but they don't let that stop them.

Did I get it right?

shoshi
That is the future of computers but we are looking at next century !!
Transitors the size of an atom
A Q computer would easily crack any code within minutes . You could break into the cia with ease

What the hell is wrong with todays computers
They are so complex that I only do 5 percent of it

Humans first have to master nanotechnology and the atom

So no QC for 75-125 yrs
A great man one said "It’s tough to make predictions, especially about the future"
– Yogi Berra

What we can safely say for now is that (1) a lot of money, time, and effort is going into quantum computing, and (2) so far the results are dim at best.

So what basically she's saying is that there are a LOT of companies running full speed into this but so far only Google has actually used a quantum computer to do anything but shortly after IBM said they really actually didn't do anything after all so never mind. All the dozens of other companies around the world are still working on this and so far haven't brought any of their great ideas to reality yet, but they don't let that stop them.

Did I get it right?
It seems that in recent years Google has been using computers made of shit. Google, which was in 2005, is about 1000 times better than the current Google.

Can Quantum Machines and the Weizman Institute of Science make a breakthrough?

Forum List

Back