Quantum computing

A quantum computer could be a hackers dream. For one thing it can crack any encryption code easy. So those in the cyber security field are concerned.
They can also create encryptions that can't be broken. One reason why they will likely be held back. Government doesn't like people being able to securely communicate without fear of being monitored.

In the days of the Republicans in the 50s, there were promising developments in MIT, but then squealing hippies came and destroyed everything with their "quanta" and dances with naked asses
Math symbols 《|| and ||》 etc., they call them "bras" and "kets" instead of "brackets" because they're envisioning women's underwear or lack thereof rather than proper solutions to mathematical equations. Quantum computing is nothing but a scam, as far as I can tell.

Math symbols 《|| and ||》 etc., they call them "bras" and "kets" instead of "brackets" because they're envisioning women's underwear or lack thereof rather than proper solutions to mathematical equations. Quantum computing is nothing but a scam, as far as I can tell.
That is not what I am hearing work in tech. i hear things. I can tell you this the quantum computing coding languages are all Python based.

That is not what I am hearing work in tech. i hear things. I can tell you this the quantum computing coding languages are all Python based.
Where do you get this nonsense? Python is a high-level language, it doesn't give a damn about iron.

I love python. it is the first language I learned. Not using it now. Dell has me using Java Spring for the back end. Typescript for client side. I enjoy using TS more than Java.

Where does the сomputation?

All computers still need ALU functions in registers, but once you have the ability to store a state, that is all easy.
The logic for AND, OR, NOT, etc., can be any size.
That is not what takes up much room.
It is the memory that is big.

All computers still need ALU functions in registers, but once you have the ability to store a state, that is all easy.
what does memory have to do with computing?

You want to say that "quanta" are used as registers, do I understand you correctly? What is the advantage of such storage, how does it solve the bottleneck problem and the physical limitation of the processor clock speed?

Python is run time interpreted, which means to read it in you need a dual stack, recursive descent parser.
That is at least 500 lines of code that has to be run for every line of Python that is read in.
Sometimes 10 times worse than that.
So Python has to run at least 500 times slower than a compiled and optimized language like C or Fortran.
Which means Python would be a contradiction to use on a quantum computer, whose whole point would be speed.

They have only been working on this for over 40 years now. And I am hardly alone in the belief they will never exist outside of prototypes.

You would have to shield a quantum computer from cosmic ray, make the power source very stable, etc.

what does memory have to do with computing?

Everything.
The hardest part of a computer is to have enough fast memory, not just for data, but for the code as well.
Memory is the thing that makes computers large, slow, and power hungry.

You want to say that "quanta" are used as registers, do I understand you correctly? What is the advantage of such storage, how does it solve the bottleneck problem and the physical limitation of the processor clock speed?

The difference between memory and registers is that registers are memory that also have functionality, like AND, OR, NOT, etc.
There are many bottleneck problems, but I believe the main one is the bus.
It does not solve that one directly, but solves it indirectly by allowing you to use many, cheap, parallel, processors.
And Intel cores are no good because they all share a very slow memory bus, the main bottleneck, in my opinion.
The problem with clock speed is the side effect of increased heat.
With smaller memory quanta, there is automatically less energy and heat.
So less clock speed limits.

Even lisp now uses compilation and macros instead of interpretation.
The languages being interpreted were very powerful. They could rewrite their own code at runtime

Everything.
The hardest part of a computer is to have enough fast memory, not just for data, but for the code as well.
Memory is the thing that makes computers large, slow, and power hungry.
It sounds like you are confusing memory with memory management.

there are no interpreters now, this is JIT

Java has Just In Time compilors, but Python does not, that I know of.
And even if you could compile Python, it would still be over 10 times slower than C, because C can call assembly routines, operating system calls, do fast pointer references instead of lookup tables, shift register operations, etc.
Sorry, but Python is not a sufficient language for speed.

Forum List

Back