Pythons might become a new menu item in Florida if scientists can confirm they're safe to eat

I remember a field trip when I was in grade school, and all of us children lined up and picked up a 12-foot-long boa constrictor with our hands. The snake was about 10 inches in diameter and weighed at least 300 pounds total. Later on I heard it escaped from its cage and raided the walk-in refrigerator in the cafeteria -- it was too cold for the snake inside the refrigerator, and they found it wrapped around the compressor motor to stay warm.

Eating snake. Isn't that about the same as eating bats? Got your chopsticks handy?

I'll pass. Unless I am starving and run across one that I can eat that is not anywhere near as big as a python.

Eating snake. Isn't that about the same as eating bats?

Here's what the Bible (Old Testament) says about eating snakes.

"Every creature that moves along the ground is detestable; it must not be eaten. Do not eat any creature that moves along the ground, whether it crawls on its belly or walks on four or more feet; for such creatures are detestable. Do not defile yourselves by any crawling creature; do not become unclean or defiled by them.…" Leviticus 11:41-43

It is a law supposedly for Israel and not Christians, but it should make you think twice for pythons may have salmonella or other bacteria. It should be prepared by someone who knows how to cook it

It is a law supposedly for Israel and not Christians, but it should make you think twice for pythons may have salmonella or other bacteria. It should be prepared by someone who knows how to cook it
Seal blubber causes nasty infections at the slightest contact with human skin; yet people get by eating raw seal meat in Alaska.

Have you heard about some sort of yearly tradition that calls for RAW HAMBURGER meat sandwiches??? EWWWWWWWWW. And..people eat it!!!

Have you heard about some sort of yearly tradition that calls for RAW HAMBURGER meat sandwiches??? EWWWWWWWWW. And..people eat it!!!
That all depends how “well done” versus “rare” you like your hamburger.
People eat prime rib very rare or even raw with horseradish.
Japanese prepare raw fish as sashimi or sushi.
Salmon or other fish is cold smoked without cooking.
Raw oysters or clams are delicious as “shooters” etc.

Pork or poultry to a mandatory minimum 165°F? Certain meats happen to taste better and become more tender if they're “well done.”

Not all meat is the kind of meat that turns out best when it's “cooked” ...

All that is gross to me but...not as gross as ground hamburger meat RAW on two slices of bread.

But...your own mileage may vary concerning that.

Seal blubber causes nasty infections at the slightest contact with human skin; yet people get by eating raw seal meat in Alaska.
She likes it

singer+seal+new+girlfriend.jpg

Forum List

Back