Putting the Palestine and Israeli feud into perspective.

YoursTruly

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2019
Palestine was a country.

1697037389621.png

The Brits and the UN came in a divided up the land and made Israel. They gave most of Palestine to the Jews, calling it Israel. Because people will self segregate, everyone was divided. After WW2, millions more jews were put there. Forcing Palestinians to get shoved back even more.

1697037907081.png

This in itself is what has done more to cause the problems than the religious aspect.

This is the work of UN.

Palestinians just want their damn country back. Hamas, as evil as they are, (and they're not god damn evil and should be slaughtered for being so evil) are the worst of the worst. And making this probably much worse than it should be. But being all shoved into such a small area, losing their country, are acting like most people would.

Imagine the US forcing Americans to all move to the west coast so that Europeans could occupy the rest of the USA. We wouldn't stand for it. We did it to the American indians.

And Israel just wanted their country back
Even Arabs didnt recognize there being such a thing as Palestinians. Lol
I remember reading a quote from a British explorer in the 19th century that said something like, "ISrael, a people with no land. Palestine, a land with no people"

This guy Norman Finkelstein is a communist, so, anything he says that is a subjective PoV, take with a grain of salt.

OTH, for all the other things that he conveys to the listener that are matters of historical record, which are empirical facts which can be verified, he is a scholar of record. He conveys a history of Gaza that most folks don't care to pay attention to, which are interesting reasons for this boiling point, IMO. Definitely a different perspective worth listening to.

Palestine was a country.

View attachment 841556
The Brits and the UN came in a divided up the land and made Israel. They gave most of Palestine to the Jews, calling it Israel. Because people will self segregate, everyone was divided. After WW2, millions more jews were put there. Forcing Palestinians to get shoved back even more.

View attachment 841559
This in itself is what has done more to cause the problems than the religious aspect.

This is the work of UN.

Palestinians just want their damn country back. Hamas, as evil as they are, (and they're not god damn evil and should be slaughtered for being so evil) are the worst of the worst. And making this probably much worse than it should be. But being all shoved into such a small area, losing their country, are acting like most people would.

Imagine the US forcing Americans to all move to the west coast so that Europeans could occupy the rest of the USA. We wouldn't stand for it. We did it to the American indians.
You have no perspective at all. The history of "palestine" is a
lot older and more complex than is the history of arab squatters therein. Your analogy between the arab muslims
of "palestine" and the 'Indians' --aka Indigenous people of
north america is beyond idiotic

I remember reading a quote from a British explorer in the 19th century that said something like, "ISrael, a people with no land. Palestine, a land with no people"
Reminds of South Africa.

We could go back to ancient history about this and make all sorts of arguments about who's land is who's. But I think the cut off should be where outside influences took over that land. Especially the UK and when the ottoman empire fell.
When Britain, Greece, France and Russia started having a say so with other people's lands.

I understand Palestine's problem. Although I don't agree with Hamas's actions.

They should've given Germany to the Jews. What was left of them.

the OP needs to go back "a little further" in history for her history. LOL

But it's really irrelevant now. Personally, I think the gop had the better policy on Israel's formations (NO) back ... 80 years ago ... but what this week ended was any chance Israel would support helping the Pales socially. Even if they had gone full apartheid, they did offer jobs and security, for peaceful coexistence.

IF the US wants to see how to "close a border," the lesson will be given. (-:

You have no perspective at all. The history of "palestine" is a
lot older and more complex than is the history of arab squatters therein. Your analogy between the arab muslims
of "palestine" and the 'Indians' --aka Indigenous people of
north america is beyond idiotic

We took their land and forced them on reservations. We raped and murdered their women and children. And retaliated with the same. Until they were outnumbered and defeated.

How's Palestine any different?

the OP needs to go back "a little further" in history for her history. LOL

But it's really irrelevant now. Personally, I think the gop had the better policy on Israel's formations (NO) back ... 80 years ago ... but what this week ended was any chance Israel would support helping the Pales socially. Even if they had gone full apartheid, they did offer jobs and security, for peaceful coexistence.

IF the US wants to see how to "close a border," the lesson will be given. (-:

When the Brits and a few others took over land that wasn't theirs to start with, that's as far back as we need to go.

True. It was called "syria-Palestinia"
Rome changed the name because they wanted to cut off the Jews claim to their homeland.
As far as I am concerned, Israel was recognized early in the 20th century in a land where no country existed. It was effective and legally recognized in 1948 and 1949 by the United Nation. It is settled international law. They are a country with all the rights of self defense and to exist as any other country, and has been for over 75 years. The Palestinians can just go pound sand or be pounded into the sand, by Israel defending their right to exist. I support Israel and the Jewish people.

We could go back to ancient history about this and make all sorts of arguments about who's land is who's. But I think the cut off should be where outside influences took over that land. Especially the UK and when the ottoman empire fell.
When Britain, Greece, France and Russia started having a say so with other people's lands.

what were "THEY" supposed to do with the jews who had
already ISLAMIC OPPRESSION to palestine? or the jews
under oppression in islamic lands?

I dont really give two shits about this. Not of my concern. But the history for that land is much older than the UN.
All land has been "stolen". No telling how many times, throughout history. But this particular feud is older than Islam itself.

As far as I am concerned, Israel was recognized early in the 20th century in a land where no country existed. It was effective and legally recognized in 1948 and 1949 by the United Nation. It is settled international law. They are a country with all the rights of self defense and to exist as any other country, and has been for over 75 years. The Palestinians can just go pound sand or be pounded into the sand, by Israel defending their right to exist. I support Israel and the Jewish people.
BLM disagrees

1697040411109.png

We took their land and forced them on reservations. We raped and murdered their women and children. And retaliated with the same. Until they were outnumbered and defeated.

In reference to whom? As to the "arabs" (hard to define what
constitutes "arab") Who took their land and forced them on
reservations. Who raped and murdered their women and
children etc etc ??

The only authority the UN has was force. That's not really "authority." That's just force. So they signed a document that was "legal" to them, doesn't mean it was right.

If you have to force anything on anyone, apparently it's not the right solution for all.

I dont really give two shits about this. Not of my concern. But the history for that land is much older than the UN.
All land has been "stolen". No telling how many times, throughout history. But this particular feud is older than Islam itself.

I don't really care either. But seeing this is all anyone's talking about, I thought I'd at least try to understand some of it.

What kind of word is Jerusalem, child?

Since you are completely ignorant and just repeating the talking points of hate sites, let me tell you. It is a HEBREW word. In addition, there is an uninterrupted Jewish presence there going back three millennium.

Forum List

Back