Putin withdraws from Nuclear arms treaty......Game on

Frannie

Gold Member
Feb 27, 2019
Putin signs bill withdrawing from nuclear arms treaty with the United States

Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a bill Wednesday formalizing Russia’s withdrawal from the 1987 Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces treaty with the United States.

The move follows Washington’s departure from the decades-old agreement that President Trump said Russia had been "violating for many years." The U.S. gave notice of its intention to withdraw from the pact in February, setting the stage for the treaty to terminate in six months unless Moscow returned to compliance. Moscow responded by suspending its own obligations under the treaty.

Time to build an orbital launch station and weaponized satellites, as we know damn well they will.

Oh shit, that's right. They are still our taxi up.

Never mind...:eusa_doh:

Thank god...we did not have enough nukes!!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
I doubt we will build more without this treaty. We have enough to obliterate virtually everything - more would be rather silly.

From what I understand Russia never paid any attention to the treaty limits anyway so I am not sure there was any point in pretending that it mattered.

June 27:
Lionel Barber: Arms control. We know that the INF agreement is in grave jeopardy. Is there any place, from Russia’s point of view, for future arms control agreements or are we in a new phase when we are likely to see a new nuclear arms race?

Vladimir Putin: I believe there is such a risk.

As I said already, the United States unilaterally withdrew from the ABM Treaty, and has recently quit the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty as well. But this time, it did not just quit but found a reason to quit, and this reason was Russia. I do not think Russia means anything to them in this case, because this war theatre, the war theatre in Europe is unlikely to be interesting to the US, despite the expansion of NATO and NATO’s contingent near our borders. The fact remains, the US has withdrawn from the treaty. Now the agenda is focused on theStrategic Arms Reduction Treaty (New START).

We said that we are ready to hold talks and to extend this treaty between the United States and Russia, but we have not seen any relevant initiative from our American partners. They keep silent, while the treaty expires in 2021. If we do not begin talks now, it would be over because there would be no time even for formalities.

Interview with The Financial Times

Last edited:
Thank god...we did not have enough nukes!!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
I doubt we will build more without this treaty. We have enough to obliterate virtually everything - more would be rather silly.

From what I understand Russia never paid any attention to the treaty limits anyway so I am not sure there was any point in pretending that it mattered.
It's not about more but better, we need small bunker buster type nukes to penetrate hardened facilities, these need to be tested, and will be

Forum List

Back