Putin vs Trump?

schmidlap

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2020
I am serious in soliciting idle speculation.

Which authoritarian has had Fortuna throttling him more forcefully as of late? The loser in his democracy denial or his "savvy genius" in his whooping denial who had conspired to elect him?

Screen Shot 2022-09-24 at 8.55.20 AM.png

The former has big, beautiful walls of litigation closing in on him from all sides. The latter's quest to Make the USSR Great Again by a "Special Military Operation" is off to a rocky start, his 'elite forces'' effectiveness even more embarrassing than Trump's beloved goons trashing Congress.

Would anyone venture a guess as to their relative trajectories over the next few months of rabble-rousing?

The portents are not auspicious.

Screen Shot 2022-09-24 at 9.21.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-24 at 9.23.24 AM.png

Rumor has it that Norman Lear is negotiating with Fox for a series entitled, "The Odd Couple of Elba" in lieu of the scrapped "Better Call Rudy!"

Felix is threatening to unleash his mob of rabid sycophants should he be held accountable for his serial criminality. Oscar is threatening the use of nuclear weapons should his back be even more firmly placed against the proverbial wall. It's must see TV.

Which authoritarian has had Fortuna throttling him more forcefully as of late? The loser in his democracy denial or his "savvy genius" in his whooping denial who had conspired to elect him?

The former has big, beautiful walls of litigation closing in on him from all sides. The latter's quest to Make the USSR Great Again by a "Special Military Operation" is off to a rocky start, his 'elite forces'' effectiveness even more embarrassing than Trump's beloved goons trashing Congress.

Would anyone venture a guess as to their relative trajectories over the next few months of rabble-rousing?

Rumor has it that Norman Lear is negotiating with Fox for a series entitled, "The Odd Couple of Elba" in lieu of the scrapped "Better Call Rudy!"
So tell us, would you rather have Trump or Putin For your leader?

I am not surprised that some are unable to choose. It's a toughy!

Clearly you two TDS afflicted sub-cretin assclowns need to see if you can get a group discount at a psych clinic.
I can see you're upset by this.

Former President Donald Trump on Tuesday described Russian President Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine as “genius” and “savvy,” praising his onetime counterpart for a move that has spurred sanctions and universal condemnation from the U.S. government and its trans-Atlantic allies.

“I went in yesterday and there was a television screen, and I said, ‘This is genius.’ Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine — of Ukraine — Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful,” Trump said in a radio interview with “The Clay Travis and Buck Sexton Show.” “He used the word ‘independent’ and ‘we’re gonna go out and we’re gonna go in and we’re gonna help keep peace.’ You gotta say that’s pretty savvy.”

May I suggest staying away from doses of reality so early in the morning.

While I admit it's enjoyable to watch on the surface, there is also a significant risk at play here.

Authoritarians are most dangerous when they feel the end is near. So they lash out with any tools they have, without regard for their country. For Putin, it's nukes. For Trump, it's our democracy, our society, and our safety.

So this is a very concerning moment.

Last edited:
I can see you're upset by this.

Former President Donald Trump on Tuesday described Russian President Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine as “genius” and “savvy,” praising his onetime counterpart for a move that has spurred sanctions and universal condemnation from the U.S. government and its trans-Atlantic allies.

“I went in yesterday and there was a television screen, and I said, ‘This is genius.’ Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine — of Ukraine — Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful,” Trump said in a radio interview with “The Clay Travis and Buck Sexton Show.” “He used the word ‘independent’ and ‘we’re gonna go out and we’re gonna go in and we’re gonna help keep peace.’ You gotta say that’s pretty savvy.”

May I suggest staying away from doses of reality so early in the morning.
trump was right, the way putin played xiden and the merkel was savvy and genius

While I admit it's enjoyable to watch on the surface, there is also a significant risk at play here.

Authoritarians are most dangerous when they feel the end is near. So they lash out with any tools they have, without regard for their country. For Putin, it's nukes. For Trump, it's our democracy, our society, and our safety.

So this is a very concerning moment.
Indeed. What is ominous is the narcissism, persecution complex, and paranoia combine to form the perfect vendetta storm.

Screen Shot 2022-09-24 at 11.17.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-24 at 11.15.44 AM.png

Forum List

Back