Putin is what he is, but what about his Russian troops?

Another way to put this is:

Are these atrocities something that were caused by conditions, or did the Russian troops show up this way?

I imagine if you're in an advanced society and if you see your friends blown to bits you'd be wanting to lash out. A bizarre coping mechanism it is but if you have the wherewithal to inflict pain and no authority preventing it and are conditioned to have never had to deal with the trauma...yeah I can see it.

Putin will continue to be analyzed and studied for a long time, especially now that he has made this historic military error. He is ultimately responsible for the horrors and suffering taking place right now, things that you and I will probably never know or fully understand. Hopefully he'll be brought to justice.

But what do you think of the Russian troops who are carrying out these acts on the ground? Are they doing it because they have no choice, or is there something within the Russian system that makes them like this? From the way it looks from the outside, these are not brave warriors, they're sadists and psychopaths.

Thoughts?

======================

FQdNgFZXsAMt3gc
TRUMP

I surely make no claims to being a historian, but I've seen several accounts saying that Russian armies have been like this throughout history. So, if that's true, I wonder if this is something that is somehow cultural or sociological.

As opposed to what? Every army that ever marched has had members who've committed atrocities, including ours.

Putin will continue to be analyzed and studied for a long time, especially now that he has made this historic military error. He is ultimately responsible for the horrors and suffering taking place right now, things that you and I will probably never know or fully understand. Hopefully he'll be brought to justice.

But what do you think of the Russian troops who are carrying out these acts on the ground? Are they doing it because they have no choice, or is there something within the Russian system that makes them like this? From the way it looks from the outside, these are not brave warriors, they're sadists and psychopaths.

Thoughts?

======================

FQdNgFZXsAMt3gc

Sweeping generalizations are the basis of prejudice and racism. The Russian troops are doing what they are ordered to do. Putin and the Russian military leadership are the problem. Hopefully they will be made to pay.

Thoughts?

======================

FQdNgFZXsAMt3gc
:eusa_boohoo:

Probably were told that the Ukrainians were the devil with Pravda before leaving. Kill the Nazi's and such. Its Hitler reborn paint Z on your tanks because he is the Anti Christ.

Following orders and brain washing. Pretty much sums it up.

Forum List

Back