Pull up your pants and behave!

Boss

Take a Memo:
Apr 21, 2012
Birmingham, AL
We have a problem with our society and culture. And I am speaking specifically to the black community in America. Yeah, I am a lighter-skin Creole/Samoan black, but when you live in Alabama you are a black man. I know there are redneck racists out there, I've seen them my entire life. As time passes, they become more and more irrelevant and a bigger example of sheer ignorance. Black people have come a long way in my lifetime.

The "problem" is not some seething underlying racism or racist view of white folk... that's a paranoid fear. We live in an integrated society, our kids play ball together, go to dances together, develop life-long friendships through it. We live in the same neighborhoods, work side-by-side together, conduct business and commerce with each other. Never in black/white history has overt prejudice and bigotry been at such an all-time low.

If you remove white adults over age 60, you find a sharp decline in the perceptions of white people toward black people. This is because they all grew up in an integrated post-1965 world and this experience changed their perceptions from previous generations. So we are seeing, as time passes, so do the behaviors and prejudices of the past. This is not the problem.

The problem is an inner-cultural black community problem and no one wants to talk about it. We have generational parental neglect, and almost a 'codependency' thing happening with those parent-child relationships which very often don't include a father. Girls are raised to be welfare baby mills and boys are raised to be thugs. Rap music glorifies it and pop culture embraces it as being "cool" to be "gansta!"

What someone needs to say to young black males is... Pull up your pants and behave! If you want to be a man and have the respect of a man, do the things a responsible man does. If you father a child, be a man, do what a man should do, be a father to that child. Take care of your family like a man, stop being a punk. Stop using white folk to excuse your childish behavior and take responsibility like a man.

If you think that prejudice towards blacks belongs to the over 60 crowd you are being too optimistic. Black behavior has created an entirely new generation of the prejudiced. Several generations in fact.

Ridiculous to judge someone by the way they choose to dress. Makes me remember the 60s when people were judged by the length of their hair.

For whatever reason, Blacks feel it necessary to acquire identity however unique it may be.

Pants around the ankles. Check.
Over sized rims. Check.
Gold tooth. Check.
Hoodie. Check.

If they go around wearing decent attire and speaking in an intelligible language, they're just like Whitey.
Can't have that now can we.

For whatever reason, Blacks feel it necessary to acquire identity however unique it may be.

Pants around the ankles. Check.
Over sized rims. Check.
Gold tooth. Check.
Hoodie. Check.

If they go around wearing decent attire and speaking in an intelligible language, they're just like Whitey.
Can't have that now can we.
:bsflag:

From my perspective, it's best to be colorblind and take issue with crappy behavior itself. Anyone who wears their pants below their crack is a moron, for example. If you behave ignorantly, regardless of your skin color, no one is going to respect you. I think one of the worst insults must be when certain black people get accused of "acting white" simply because they're trying to better themselves. "Acting white/black" shouldn't even be a thing. People in general should simply behave, respect one another, and be civil.

d24a173c223d58e62d941c67988b903b.jpg

From my perspective, it's best to be colorblind and take issue with crappy behavior itself. Anyone who wears their pants below their crack is a moron, for example. If you behave ignorantly, regardless of your skin color, no one is going to respect you. I think one of the worst insults must be when certain black people get accused of "acting white" simply because they're trying to better themselves. "Acting white/black" shouldn't even be a thing. People in general should simply behave, respect one another, and be civil.

If you were black and grew up poor listening to people referring to people you love like your mom as a welfare queen, would you respect them?

Ridiculous to judge someone by the way they choose to dress. Makes me remember the 60s when people were judged by the length of their hair.
Ive never heard of anyone who got mugged by a guy in a 3 piece Armani suit. If im walking down the street in the middle of the night and a guy dressed like that is walking behind me, alarm bells wont be going off in my head. Trayvon walking behind me with his hoodie up is a different story. Now i know you will pretend like youre above all that, but you would feel the exact same way if you were in those situations. Ok, now you can go ahead and respond with your innevitable lie about how you wouldnt judge someone like that.

If you were black and grew up poor listening to people referring to people you love like your mom as a welfare queen, would you respect them?

I don't care what your skin color is or your economic status.

Being a son, you would undoubtedly be biased in favor of your mother. That's normal.

The question is whether or not what they're saying is true. Is it? Whether it is or not, you're not compelled to show respect.

Being a son, you would undoubtedly be biased in favor of your mother. That's normal.

The question is whether or not what they're saying is true. Is it? Whether it is or not, you're not compelled to show respect.

You did not answer the question. Let me put it a different way: If you were raised in a world where you and your loved ones were constantly talked bad about, would you bend over backwards to get the approval of those people saying bad things or would you instead resent those people and go out of your way to not do what they would want you to do?

You did not answer the question. Let me put it a different way: If you were raised in a world where you and your loved ones were constantly talked bad about, would you bend over backwards to get the approval of those people saying bad things or would you instead resent those people and go out of your way to not do what they would want you to do?

Ah.

It depends on what kind of person I am, and whether or not I view my character as more important than that of my people. I am of mixed race, but I don't cling to any one skin color. I do know I was raised by two relatively decent people who did their best considering the circumstances.

"If you were raised in a world where you and your loved ones were constantly talked bad about." Is it you and your loved ones specifically being talked badly about, or your entire people as a whole? Are there bad apples in your group that others talk about, which can include talking about your whole group? I do not like it when a whole group of people is broad-brushed based on the actions of some within it. I have not talked badly about you in general, unless you wear pants below your crack and speak as though you were ignorant and rude. There are plenty of people within each group of people who speak intelligibly, are decent, and care for one another.

If you can your loved ones are spoken poorly of, possibly because of the actions of some within your groups, you are entitled to do whatever you want about it so long as it does not violate any of our laws. Will you call out those within your group who give you a bad name? Will you in turn, out of bitter resentment, wear your pants below your crack, which will only give them just cause to speak of you that way? Will you strive to be a better person, as in improving the very very content of your character? Will you blame everyone else? Please don't present a false dilemma. The possibilities are endless.

Ridiculous to judge someone by the way they choose to dress.

You may attempt to attain a lofty job in law, medicine, business, etc with a pink mohawk, a tattered, bauble-studded suit, and neon-green crocs. You are not guaranteed to be taken seriously. How people dress does, to an extent, matter.

sorry s0n, but that's fringe thinking. Those on the far left would sooner throw themselves off a cliff than offend somebody. But the reality is, when you're pants are down to your knees, you're gonna be seen as somebody who is part of a gangsta culture......because that's the way it is. Tough shit on you........stereotypes are ALWAYS there for a reason. The PC zombies of the world don't care for ANYTHING traditional.......but most Americans are fine with it thanks.:boobies::boobies::biggrin:

[URL=http://s42.photobucket.com/user/baldaltima/media/superman-man-of-steel-shield-2.jpg.html][/URL]

If you were raised in a world where you and your loved ones were constantly talked bad about, would you bend over backwards to get the approval of those people saying bad things or would you instead resent those people and go out of your way to not do what they would want you to do?

I can only speak for myself. I would want to go out of my way to prove those people wrong about me. I don't need the approval of anyone but myself. I've never allowed my skin color to be a burden to me, I tried to make it an asset. I refuse to see myself as a victim of "white privilege" or "social injustice" ...whatever the prevailing meme.

Ultimately, your success or failure as An American, is wholly dependent on how you see yourself. Sadly and unfortunately really, is the state of poor black communities in this regard. They have been raised through several generations of dependency on government and the enabling of the perception they can't help their condition. In this environment, the life of a 'gangsta' is revered and the next most glamorous thing is to be a 'gangsta ho-bitch'. So there is the stark reality of the 800 lb. gorilla in the room. How is this cycle broken? How can we change it?

White folks can't do anything about this, it's a problem black people have to deal with at the closest personal levels. It's disappointing to me that Obama is the first black president and hasn't once addressed this problem. Instead, he is too busy fomenting racial divisiveness. With the Liberals in tow, feigning outrage through their racist white guilt.

And so another generation of young black men are to be lost to a hideous under-culture who no one has the courage to change. No one really even wants to talk about it. SMDH

Forum List

Back