Pull down all MLK statues

Lets say some of us find...MLK offensive. Do we then have a right to tear down his statues without asking? Without say a referendum or popular consensus ? We get on self righteous tear, MLK was an empty valueless demagogue race baiting philandering intellectual plagiarizing fraud? Get him! Nobody is doing that..not yet.

You can bet that if Jefferson comes down....King is coming down.

A philanderer? I guess he’s qualified for Republican President of the United States, well, if a racist hadn’t murdered him.

Lets say some of us find...MLK offensive. Do we then have a right to tear down his statues without asking? Without say a referendum or popular consensus ? We get on self righteous tear, MLK was an empty valueless demagogue race baiting philandering intellectual plagiarizing fraud? Get him! Nobody is doing that..not yet.

You can bet that if Jefferson comes down....King is coming down.
I love statuary, whether its MLK or Andrew Jackson. I am sorry. You just don't tear down public art without public consent and approval. This borders on fascism or book burning art destroying mind control totalitarianism. Is this is the level of barbarism LIBERALISM has sunk too now?

And of course there's that noble peace prize thingy.
Ummm.. I'm ok with the rest of that... But Obama got one of those. Doesn't mean much. Even Obama was like why you giving me this?

Then "we" (loosely put) would be as bad and hypocritical as "they" are... Just make the case straight that people are flawed for various reasons.. None the least of them is historical context and blaming folks for what WAS the "norm" of older societies...

Tolerated is not the same as accepted. It's like the white houses new position on the coronavirus "Just live with it."

That's true.. To have freedoms and liberties and a Republic -- we have to TOLERATE all kinds of stuff we don't condone.. For instance, pained me to support ending the Drug war because I dont condone chronic drug mis-use.. But I DID for 2 decade as a Libertarian 2 decades BEFORE the rest of country started to "come around"...

When the yelling and screaming and noise is ALL WE HEAR 'round these parts -- that important nuance gets completely lost... But it's FUNDAMENTAL to our way of life in America.

We NEED a "tolerance == freedom" message that INCLUDES the small print that "tolerance does not mean CONDONING any particular thing.. And if we don't RE-learn that right quick -- we're gonna lose this country as we know it...

I'll pass on the politicalization of the CVirus.. It's not like there's any good options out there. And we protect the vulnerable, the vast majority of others will be just fine...

Compare the MLK baggage to your average Congress person.. C'mon.. Most of the 535 members there are COMPROMISED and probably blackmailed over any number of things that we don't even KNOW yet... Which explains this "mortal combat" that the 2 factions are engaging in.. All the dirty laundry is written down somewhere or RECORDED by those fancy Intel agencies you bought for the govt..

We NEED a "tolerance == freedom" message that INCLUDES the small print that "tolerance does not mean CONDONING any particular thing.. And if we don't RE-learn that right quick -- we're gonna lose this country as we know it...

I'll pass on the politicalization of the CVirus.. It's not like there's any good options out there. And we protect the vulnerable, the vast majority of others will be just fine...

We are losing the country because of the politicization of the coronavirus. Other counties have no problem with mandatory laws, from social distancing, to business shutdowns, to stay at home orders, to mask laws, and they have seen their cases come under control.

Our country is experiencing exponential increases in cases once more, and people are actually increasing the spread in the name of freedom.

Compare the MLK baggage to your average Congress person.. C'mon.. Most of the 535 members there are COMPROMISED and probably blackmailed over any number of things that we don't even KNOW yet... Which explains this "mortal combat" that the 2 factions are engaging in.. All the dirty laundry is written down somewhere or RECORDED by those fancy Intel agencies you bought for the govt..
Our government has become so corrupt, Democrats point fingers at Trump and the Russians. I see like local stuff like wealthy contractors hiring illegal aliens and controlling the politicians to create sanctuary cities. Create white elephants like light rail nobody asked for or wanted...Ever see the movie, "Chinatown"? America has become a hotbed of corruption. Democrats are adept at this.

We should have public monuments to Americans. Please stop the pretense that confederates were Americans. They were traitors.

We are losing the country because of the politicization of the coronavirus. Other counties have no problem with mandatory laws, from social distancing, to business shutdowns, to stay at home orders, to mask laws, and they have seen their cases come under control.

Most "other countries" are the size of our medium state... With ANY war -- you don't issue "global battlefield operational orders. You FOCUS on the strategy and the intelligence of WHERE the enemy is.. LAST THING any RATIONAL person wants is "National orders and mandates" as this plague from China burns thru...

Got nothing to do with tolerance or MLK transgressions tho -- does it? You DONE with that topic??

We should have public monuments to Americans. Please stop the pretense that confederates were Americans. They were traitors.
Yes they were, but few would be adjudicated as such since the USSC ruled that each traitor would have to be charged individually, and each tried requiring two witnesses to their actions.

Our government has become so corrupt, Democrats point fingers at Trump and the Russians. I see like local stuff like wealthy contractors hiring illegal aliens and controlling the politicians to create sanctuary cities. Create white elephants like light rail nobody asked for or wanted...Ever see the movie, "Chinatown"? America has become a hotbed of corruption. Democrats are adept at this.

Well there ya go.. Been periods in history where the corruption was the same or worse.. But any things that touches politics is likely dirty...

In terms of law/justice reform, one of the dirty operations is the relation between big city mayors/councils and the unions.. Both police and civil employees unions are siamese twins that sometimes fight with the politicians.. But it's IN THE WAY of reforms.. Same thing with the teachers unions..

Most "other countries" are the size of our medium state... With ANY war -- you don't issue "global battlefield operational orders. You FOCUS on the strategy and the intelligence of WHERE the enemy is.. LAST THING any RATIONAL person wants is "National orders and mandates" as this plague from China burns thru...

Got nothing to do with tolerance or MLK transgressions tho -- does it? You DONE with that topic??
You started it. There is no more reason to tear down the statue of someone who was not a traitor to either his country or the freedoms for which it stands. Meanwhile i'm not sure that the freedom of not wearing masks is their idea, of Putins.

Geopolitics is a zero sum game.

Well there ya go.. Been periods in history where the corruption was the same or worse.. But any things that touches politics is likely dirty...

In terms of law/justice reform, one of the dirty operations is the relation between big city mayors/councils and the unions.. Both police and civil employees unions are siamese twins that sometimes fight with the politicians.. But it's IN THE WAY of reforms.. Same thing with the teachers unions..
I've lived through an era where cops were little better than the mafia, they connived with with gambling narcotics or racketeers . That was different time. NOW? The problem is...excuse me, to be nice...poor black violent psychotics. To put it nicely, poor blacks have more to fear from lightning than bad cops.

To put it nicely, poor blacks have more to fear from lightning than bad cops.
According to the NWS Storm Data, over the last 30 years (1989-2018) the U.S. has averaged 43 reported lightning fatalities per year. Only about 10% of people who are struck by lightning are killed, leaving 90% with various degrees of disability.

Unions used to be a good thing. One thing about the original BLM, they wanted to reform the police UNIONS. That is it. Not defund them. Unions 90 years ago where a good thing. Now? They enable bad police, teachers . or plumbers. I remember the Longshoremen and jerks like Jimmy Hoffa...

Martin Luther King statues are monuments to .,. to mass stupidity. Really? MLK was just a first of many demagogues.

If someone wants to recognize him as an Icon and make statues of him, that is quite allright. Its a big country and if someone doesnt want to look at it they can turn their head.
Lets leave the intolerance and closed mindedness to the Leftist Communists, and let us take the high ground. We all have freedom of expression here or at least we are supposed to.

MLK stole his doctorate thesis, he plagiarized it. He was a philander and a
dishonest demagogue. Everyone is flawed, lets admit it.

As George Orwell wrote in Animal farm, "All of the animals in Animal Farm are equal, but some of the animals are more equal than others." Right now, MLK is more equal than the others, although that is subject to change.

Forum List

Back