Public Education Failing

1. Eliminate the DOE.
2. Yank all federal funding and all federal programs.
3. End the practice of allowing special interest groups (like Planned Parenthood, the Audubon Society, the USFS etc) to *donate* time/resources/etc. to schools.
4. Fire all school administrators.
5. Eliminate the *teaching certificate* requirements.
6. Eliminate the unions.

Schools should be managed, funded, and taught at the local level with zero outside interference from the state or the feds.
Perhaps we should start with closing the schools on military posts, the military Academies, Indian schools and so on?

So lower the standards and cost. I agree with lower the cost. However, your unions aren't going to go along. What do we do about the unions?
Nothing wrong with unions

Otherwise we end up with Oklahoma or West Virginia
That's where we disagree. Unions are a big part of the problem in my opinion. It's against the law in Washington state for teachers to walk out during the school year, yet they did it. When the laws are ignored, there's something wrong. Unions have nothing to do with education and actually hurt education in my opinion. It's not about the teacher, it's about educating the student. Unions are never satisfied. Raising taxes on families where both parents work 12 months a year to pay for a teacher working 9 months a year and making more money is what people are angry about.

The teacher is paid for 187 days. His/her salary is divided by 12 to calculate his/her monthly salary. It is the parents who want the flexibility to have their child available for THEIR vacation when it's convenient for the parent's work schedule. During the time school IS in session, the teacher designs lessons for the most able students while trying to maintain order in a classroom filled with students who have no manners, no concept of civil behavior and some who are truly mentally ill.

Your contempt for teaching is obvious and not based on anything but your prejudices.
My wife is a teacher's aide for special education, so don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. Give the teachers back their authority in the classroom. Teachers are handcuffed.

You don't know what you are talking about.
Oh, go to hell. You better contribute something more than that if you want to participate here. Idiot.

1. Eliminate the DOE.
2. Yank all federal funding and all federal programs.
3. End the practice of allowing special interest groups (like Planned Parenthood, the Audubon Society, the USFS etc) to *donate* time/resources/etc. to schools.
4. Fire all school administrators.
5. Eliminate the *teaching certificate* requirements.
6. Eliminate the unions.

Schools should be managed, funded, and taught at the local level with zero outside interference from the state or the feds.
Perhaps we should start with closing the schools on military posts, the military Academies, Indian schools and so on?
That's the left would do. God forbid we actually demand solutions.

The teacher is paid for 187 days. His/her salary is divided by 12 to calculate his/her monthly salary. It is the parents who want the flexibility to have their child available for THEIR vacation when it's convenient for the parent's work schedule. During the time school IS in session, the teacher designs lessons for the most able students while trying to maintain order in a classroom filled with students who have no manners, no concept of civil behavior and some who are truly mentally ill.

Your contempt for teaching is obvious and not based on anything but your prejudices.
My wife is a teacher's aide for special education, so don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. Give the teachers back their authority in the classroom. Teachers are handcuffed.

I am sure your WIFE knows what she is talking about, but based on the post that I was replying to, I doubt if you actually listen to her.
What exactly is it in my post that makes you doubt I know what I'm talking about?

"Unions have nothing to do with education and actually hurt education in my opinion. It's not about the teacher, it's about educating the student. Unions are never satisfied. Raising taxes on families where both parents work 12 months a year to pay for a teacher working 9 months a year and making more money is what people are angry about."

Other than exposing your anti-union bias, those words do nothing to address the real world of teaching. And, might I add that the idea that teachers only work 9 months is not only wrong, but incredibly ignorant. During the "3 months" off that you claim exists, the truth is that most schools run from mid-August to June and during the days that are not paid, the teacher is required to go to training's to "stay current" on teaching practices and technologies. Your wife, as an aide, might not have to attend all those trainings, but the teachers she works with do. You'd know that if you knew more about education.
Yes, I'm anti union, and I'll tell you why. We have a law in Washington state that states it is illegal to walk off the job while under contract during the school year. Last year teachers walked off the job while under contract. That's why I'm anti union. In the real world, when you walk off the job you are unemployed.

They did not walk off. They took sick days.

Have a nice day! :D

Nothing wrong with unions

Otherwise we end up with Oklahoma or West Virginia
That's where we disagree. Unions are a big part of the problem in my opinion. It's against the law in Washington state for teachers to walk out during the school year, yet they did it. When the laws are ignored, there's something wrong. Unions have nothing to do with education and actually hurt education in my opinion. It's not about the teacher, it's about educating the student. Unions are never satisfied. Raising taxes on families where both parents work 12 months a year to pay for a teacher working 9 months a year and making more money is what people are angry about.

You don't know what you are talking about.
Oh, go to hell. You better contribute something more than that if you want to participate here. Idiot.

I am a retired teacher. You don't know what you are talking about.

Is that better?

You won't get them until the Department of Education is dissolved and the teacher's unions broken.
If the Corpies Own a Man's Work, They Own That Man

You sneak in your parasite corporate Masters' fear of unions into something about educational methods, which teachers' unions have no control over.

If you're not a union man, you're not a man at all. You're a child, dependent on the will of GreedHead morons who can't make a profit without cheating you.
I'm my own man. A union drone is no different than a company drone. I've worked with both, and the union thug can be treacherous and very nasty.
Especially when they have been shot or manhandled by company union busters.

I am sure your WIFE knows what she is talking about, but based on the post that I was replying to, I doubt if you actually listen to her.
What exactly is it in my post that makes you doubt I know what I'm talking about?

"Unions have nothing to do with education and actually hurt education in my opinion. It's not about the teacher, it's about educating the student. Unions are never satisfied. Raising taxes on families where both parents work 12 months a year to pay for a teacher working 9 months a year and making more money is what people are angry about."

Other than exposing your anti-union bias, those words do nothing to address the real world of teaching. And, might I add that the idea that teachers only work 9 months is not only wrong, but incredibly ignorant. During the "3 months" off that you claim exists, the truth is that most schools run from mid-August to June and during the days that are not paid, the teacher is required to go to training's to "stay current" on teaching practices and technologies. Your wife, as an aide, might not have to attend all those trainings, but the teachers she works with do. You'd know that if you knew more about education.
Yes, I'm anti union, and I'll tell you why. We have a law in Washington state that states it is illegal to walk off the job while under contract during the school year. Last year teachers walked off the job while under contract. That's why I'm anti union. In the real world, when you walk off the job you are unemployed.

They walked, and the fact you cover and lie for the trash shows exactly what you are. Ignorant leftist trash.

Then the union is not the problem. The State's your problem because they didn't enforce the contract...or, they realized that the State was in the wrong and decided to not push their teachers any further because they need them to work.
No, the union was behind the walkout. The state is run by democrats, a democrat governor and majority legislature. Our problem in Washington state is democrats and their unions.

The union might have been behind the walk out, but it's up to the State and local districts to enforce the law and the contracts they issue. Sounds to me like you need a new governor and legislature.
Yes, and that's the goal. The corruption runs deep. The people will only put up with so much in regards to taxation. When you have both parents working to make what one teacher makes a year and the teacher's want more, something has to give. The popularity of charter schools has risen out of a need for common sense education.

"When you have both parents working to make what one teacher makes a year..." That's insane and unworthy of response.
It's a fact of life for many people. The average wage for teachers in West Virginia is between 45 and 47 thousand. Many families with both parents working don't make that and if you want to include many single parents, not even close. Wake up.

OK, let's hear your education level. How many years have you been working to attain that level?

Got answers or is all you have dumbass commentary?

My daughter has BS degree and has less than 2 years in the Army. She made about the same amount as I did with a Master's and over 20 years experience.

They walked, and the fact you cover and lie for the trash shows exactly what you are. Ignorant leftist trash.

Sick days. Suck it up buttercup! Got proof to the contrary?

You won't get them until the Department of Education is dissolved and the teacher's unions broken.
If the Corpies Own a Man's Work, They Own That Man

You sneak in your parasite corporate Masters' fear of unions into something about educational methods, which teachers' unions have no control over.

If you're not a union man, you're not a man at all. You're a child, dependent on the will of GreedHead morons who can't make a profit without cheating you.
I'm my own man. A union drone is no different than a company drone. I've worked with both, and the union thug can be treacherous and very nasty.
Especially when they have been shot or manhandled by company union busters.
Good for the union busters. My employers and I never had problems. The union thugs sure did. They demand their cut and loyalty or they can make life miserable.

Yes. I know what happened and so do you. You know as well as I do that they walked out and used sick days so they could get paid and the school administration went along. Corrupt trash.

Yes. I know what happened and so do you. You know as well as I do that they walked out and used sick days so they could get paid and the school administration went along. Corrupt trash.

So, where did I lie? You accused me of lying in one post and agreed with me in another, dumbass! Which is it?

Do you have a clue?

So, where did I lie? You accused me of lying in one post and agreed with me in another, dumbass! Which is it?

Do you have a clue?
If it's ignore you're after, so be it, ignorant troll.

The left gets a bit nasty and irritated when they get called to accountability. The so called union "educators" think they're above the citizens that pay their salaries. Enough is enough.

This is utter bullshit. You’ve fragmented and starved public education with at home schooling, and charter schools.

Teachers across the US are complaining that funding is still at pre-2008 levels and has been cut substantially. Teacher wages are low and investments in books, computers and smaller class sizes are non-existent.

American families pay more out of pocket for their children’s education than any other first world country and they have little to show for the money they spend.

Once again, Republicans have starved a tax payer funded public benefit until it really isn’t functioning well, and now they want to get rid of public education completely. Fuck poor kids. Throw them all in jail before they breed.

This is utter bullshit. You’ve fragmented and starved public education with at home schooling, and charter schools.

Teachers across the US are complaining that funding is still at pre-2008 levels and has been cut substantially. Teacher wages are low and investments in books, computers and smaller class sizes are non-existent.

American families pay more out of pocket for their children’s education than any other first world country and they have little to show for the money they spend.

Once again, Republicans have starved a tax payer funded public benefit until it really isn’t functioning well, and now they want to get rid of public education completely. Fuck poor kids. Throw them all in jail before they breed.
The bullshit are your excuses for failing public schools. That's the reason for home schooling and charter schools. Fix your problem and you'll get your funding. No one likes to waste hard earned tax dollars.

Best solution. Eliminate the Federal Department of Democrat Indoctrination (Education) and replace the entire system with vouchers

Why on God's green earth do you think the federal government has any influence on what is taught in public schools?

The federal government deals with the poor and special education. That's it!

Are you fucking kidding?

Do you have a clue?
If it's ignore you're after, so be it, ignorant troll.

Ignorant? Why have you decided to talk to yourself?

I was an educator from 1996 to last week. Apparently, you know less on the topic than your typical airhead education basher..

Let's try again. What did I lie about?

The bullshit are your excuses for failing public schools. That's the reason for home schooling and charter schools. Fix your problem and you'll get your funding. No one likes to waste hard earned tax dollars.

Hey dumbass! Charter schools ARE public schools!

Best solution. Eliminate the Federal Department of Democrat Indoctrination (Education) and replace the entire system with vouchers

Why on God's green earth do you think the federal government has any influence on what is taught in public schools?

The federal government deals with the poor and special education. That's it!

Are you fucking kidding?

Prove me wrong, dumbass!

Forum List

Back