Psychiatric Association HAMMERS Anti-Trump Members For Irresponsible Public Diagnosis

"The American Psychiatric Association called out members of its profession for offering their professional opinions about public figures—namely those they haven’t personally examined.

The rebuke comes after questions about President Trump’s mental fitness have surfaced in recent days.

"We at the APA call for an end to psychiatrists providing professional opinions in the media about public figures whom they have not examined, whether it be on cable news appearances, books, or in social media," the group wrote.

"Arm-chair psychiatry or the use of psychiatry as a political tool is the misuse of psychiatry and is unacceptable and unethical."

If you think this will stop ... or even slow down ... the idiots who are declaring Trump has mental issues based on BUTT-HURT HATE-DRIVEN POLITICAL PARTISANSHIP you are wasting your time. Seditious Snowflakes will not be deterred, even by facts and professionals.

Psychiatric Association Hammers Members Over Diagnosing Public Figures

Let's nip this bullshit right in the bud, that being the title. Plus the ensuing smokescreen post here:

They don't give a shit if they violate their training. They want to be loved by the left.

The should lose their credentials if they violate SOP and accepted best practices.

No different than if a MEDICAL DOCTOR DIAGNOSED CANCER OVER THE PHONE.

They should lose thier license to practice. PERIOD.

Opinions and analyses are not "diagnoses". A diagnosis is assembled out of a personal examination.

Got that? Or did you think you were gonna get away with this?

NO ONE has "diagnosed" Rump as far as we know. If anyone has he's making sure no one knows about it.

True opinions are not a "diagnosis", unfortunately you idiots don't understand that.

Well, if the " American Psychiatric Association " called out the comments as "unacceptable and unethical", it looks like YOU ARE THE IDIOT...that is my PSYCOLOGICAL OPINION OF YOU....AN INSANE INDIOT.

Blame the American Psychiatric Association, not us.

Actually look back to post 11 where I already posted the APA's own criteria for NPD, directly from their pdf (which I linked).

You need to STFU and pull your pinhead out of your dick. The practice of Medicine isn't supposed to be political.

None of these assessments have referred to any "politics". They've been entirely about psychological traits. Go ahead -- prove me wrong.

You're too stupid to know that a PSYCOLOGIST testified before members of CONGRESS on Trump's MENTAL HEALTH.....WITHOUT EXAMINING HIM. That's unethical and strictly political.

Get a clue.

Get a link and we'll go from there.

Again, DSM-5 criteria. Again read 'em and weep and make your own judgment. It ain't like this isn't screamingly obvious.

I'll take Crazy if Crazy Means the American People are Winning... At the Dinner Table, In the Pocket Book and with Middle Class America. American are Winning Under this President.

Opinions and analyses are not "diagnoses". A diagnosis is assembled out of a personal examination.

NO ONE has "diagnosed" Rump as far as we know. If anyone has he's making sure no one knows about it.
How is that any different? They are publicly stating that he has a mental defect without actually examining him. They don't need to make a diagnosis for it to be unethical.

“The Goldwater Rule ... makes it unethical for a psychiatrist to render a professional opinion to the media about a public figure unless the psychiatrist has examined the person and has proper authorization to provide the statement,” Dr. Saul Levin, the group's CEO and medical director, said in a statement. “APA stands behind this rule.”

No "diagnosis" required.

"The American Psychiatric Association called out members of its profession for offering their professional opinions about public figures—namely those they haven’t personally examined.

The rebuke comes after questions about President Trump’s mental fitness have surfaced in recent days.

"We at the APA call for an end to psychiatrists providing professional opinions in the media about public figures whom they have not examined, whether it be on cable news appearances, books, or in social media," the group wrote.

"Arm-chair psychiatry or the use of psychiatry as a political tool is the misuse of psychiatry and is unacceptable and unethical."

If you think this will stop ... or even slow down ... the idiots who are declaring Trump has mental issues based on BUTT-HURT HATE-DRIVEN POLITICAL PARTISANSHIP you are wasting your time. Seditious Snowflakes will not be deterred, even by facts and professionals.

Psychiatric Association Hammers Members Over Diagnosing Public Figures
I think any shrink who publicly diagnoses a celebrity is suffering from narcissistic personality disorder, with a side of fries.

Liberals might scream and beat their chests and say it ain't so. But the Psychiatric association can start jerking licenses no matter how the libs feel about it.

Trump broke all the rules. He brags about it.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.
That is damn true, but it does not excuse their professional misconduct. If the left thinks this will not be used against them, they haven't been paying attention.

All we need is another distraction from the REAL issues.

Partisan ideology makes people do and say irrational things.

These people should have known better, but they can't help themselves.

Hey you know what, when I see the homeless guy screaming at a lamp post that the CIA is spying on him, I don't need a degree in psychology to tell me he's nuts. Nor do I need to do an "exam". You can clearly tell, that guy is indeed nuts.

When a guy gets on Twitter and engages in bragging about the size of his nuclear button when talking to a head of state, we can kind of tell- that 'guy's nuts!

Liberals might scream and beat their chests and say it ain't so. But the Psychiatric association can start jerking licenses no matter how the libs feel about it.

The APA does not issue "licenses". Pull your head out of your ass one of these daze.

How is that any different? They are publicly stating that he has a mental defect without actually examining him. They don't need to make a diagnosis for it to be unethical.

It's different because the lying title makes reference to "diagnoses". Which no one has made. You can't make a diagnosis without a personal consultation.

None of these assessments have referred to any "politics". They've been entirely about psychological traits. Go ahead -- prove me wrong.
And, that STILL does not make such action ethical.
:lol:

STOP quoting out of context. The quote you deliberately stripped out was claiming the commentary was "political" and that's what I refuted. And there ain't a god damn thing you can do about that.

It's different because the lying title makes reference to "diagnoses". Which no one has made. You can't make a diagnosis without a personal consultation.
You're splitting hairs.

Expressing a professional opinion about the mental health of a public figure without consultation is ALSO professional misconduct.

Goldwater Rule:

t is unethical for a psychiatrist to offer a professional opinion unless he or she has conducted an examination and has been granted proper authorization for such a statement”

I'd like to take this as an opportunity to complain about psychiatry/ psychology as an industry. They are looked at as medical professionals, but they rarely cure anyone. You can use health insurance to get treatment, and it will never stop. This seems to be a bias that is easily corrupted.
I have difficulty thinking that there can be so many people that are diseased, disabled, or like- mentally or emotionally deficient. I wonder if instead these things labeled as diseases are only our human condition.
I know it helps people. I just don't know it as a medicine in the quantity that it currently exists.

Forum List

Back