protest over black man shot by cop in michigan

Tough call right there....The perp was trying to take his tazer, and was fighting back with the cop...It looked to me like the cop was running out of steam, and the perp was a larger, more muscular man than the cop...Back up was taking a long time to show, which puts that officers life in danger...

In this woke time we live in, will the officer be charged? Don't know, probably, and then we can live with less police...

All he had to do was hand over his license....
Druggy, stolen license plate--likely stolen car, long rap sheet, -----he knew he was going to prison again.

Good riddance---time to tell BLM to fuck off and start using the military to remove the rubbage.

Hun, he was going to jail/prison--stolen license, high/drunk, career criminal likely with stolen car---
While I totally understand your disgust over scenes like this, you veered into total speculation based on the body cam footage...All we know is that he didn't have a license and began fighting the cop....An infraction that would have gotten a ticket.

ben crump is blaming the cop.. how the heck did the cop escalate anything,. it was black man escalating things and refusing to do what cop ordered him to do. maybe daddy should have taught his kid hoe to obey a cop.

Police are trained never to allow a criminal to get control of their tazer.
Because the criminal will taze them and then can easily grab the officer's weapon and shoot him.
Then why do cops place their Taser right in front of a suspect where he can easily grab it?

ben crump is blaming the cop.. how the heck did the cop escalate anything,. it was black man escalating things and refusing to do what cop ordered him to do. maybe daddy should have taught his kid hoe to obey a cop.
So his only option was to pull his gun and shoot this man in the back of his head.

Whether it's a tazer or a gun.
It has to be drawn and pointed at the criminal.
Surely you can understand that basic concept? ... :cuckoo:
the moment tat dude grabbed the tazer he was armed suspect. the moment he didnt stay in his car he was a threat to the cop.

The cop murdered that man in cold blood.
The cop could have let him flee since the man left his car and ran.
The cop could have shot him in the leg.
Using the car info the man would have been found.
This was murder in the first degree
in my view
:)-

The shooting of this black guy would of never happened had he obeyed the officers repeated commands just like in my friends case. An officer has the right like anyone else in this country to defend their life and they always will.
I agree with much of this. It likely wouldn't have happened if the suspect had cooperated. But it is not the whole story.

Resisting arrest should mean an automatic bullet to the brain pan.
Umm, my avatar would demur on that bit of silly goofball nonsense.
Hun, he was going to jail/prison--stolen license, high/drunk, career criminal likely with stolen car---
I've seen no reportage that the suspect was high or drunk, or that he was a "career criminal"....or that the car was stolen. The car was stopped because the officer for some reason ran the plate on his computer and noted that that plate number didn't match the make&model that the plate was assigned to.
if the clown did only followed the cop's instructions he would be alive today. No one to blame except the clown that got shot
I agree that if the suspect had followed the officer's direction he likely would be alive.
However, the cop had the guy down on the ground, and on his belly......he then put the guy down like a sick dog.
That's not a good thing. It is not what we as a society want....or expect.

So his only option was to pull his gun and shoot this man in the back of his head.

Well, SBB, I believe you ask the above with a sense of irony.
As all thinking Americans fully recongize, our society, our culture, does not believe in or condone......the shooting in the back of the head any suspect who is on the ground ---on his belly --- with an officer laying on top of him.
----------------------------------------------------------------

I watched that video 3 times.
What a tragedy. To the family of the dead-guy....absolutely.
To the cop...you bet. His life and his career are now on a different trajectory.
And to the taxpayers of that city (Grand Rapids?). They --or their insurance carrier----are gonna pay bigtime for this shooting.

Here's my take on it: The officer would have been held not culpable if he had shot and killed the man while they were struggling --face-to-face or side-by-side as the video showed. The man grabbed the Tazer, he ran away, he struggled with the officer. The officer could have shot him....fatally or otherwise, and from that video he would have been exonerated. IMHO.

However.................

As the video subsequently shows -- the officer had finally gotten on top of the guy, though the guy still was struggling. But the guy was on his belly, the officer was on top of him.......the officer then reached around got his pistol and shot the perp in the back of the damn head while he was on the ground.

That cop lost his composure and in the heat of the moment forgot his training of appropriate response.
Hell, he could have still reached around for his pistol.....and shot the suspect in the shoulder, in the hand, in the leg, in the ankle.....anything to disable the guy and remove the threat to his own life. He could even have shot into the ground right beside the guy's face....and ear.
But no. Instead he shot the guy in the back of the head.....in the same manner I shoot a hog, or sick dog, or racoon in a trap.

That city is gonna pay big time.
I make no judgement on whether the officer will face charges.

So would you or do you like being abused and murdered by the state?
A cop tells me to do something I say, “Yes sir” and comply. I don’t give the cop any shit and am respectful and polite like my father taught me to be with police.

If a cop treated me unfairly, I would file a complaint later. I have never had that problem. Of course if I copped an attitude a cop might go out of his way to make me regret it.

The cop murdered that man in cold blood.
The cop could have let him flee since the man left his car and ran.
The cop could have shot him in the leg.
Using the car info the man would have been found.
This was murder in the first degree
in my view
:)-
no no no . none would have worked guy should have just done what he is told.

Forum List

Back