Prostitution is legal in Nevada. Why not make it legal everywhere?

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
I don't like prostitution, but when it's legal the women are safer, if they get abused they can go to the cops without getting arrested themselves.

Sex is a private choice. The fact that we ALLOW the government to regulate it to appease the feelings of the religious is troublesome
I don't agree, because where you have prostitution you also have sex slavery.

But if prostitution was legal, the police could go into brothels and make sure the women aren't being forced into it.

If it's considered her body when it comes to killing her unborn child, surely it should be her body when she decides to rent parts of it out.

Prostitution isn't legal in all of Nevada, though.

If it's considered her body when it comes to killing her unborn child, surely it should be her body when she decides to rent parts of it out.

Prostitution isn't legal in all of Nevada, though.
Prostitution is illegal in Clark County and Washoe County, because of population.

Sex is a private choice. The fact that we ALLOW the government to regulate it to appease the feelings of the religious is troublesome

But if prostitution was legal, the police could go into brothels and make sure the women aren't being forced into it.
So you want to regulate sex between consenting adults....

That is literally no different than the government outlawing it.

We are either a free nation or we are not. The middle ground is the playground of false prophets and leftists.

We are either a free nation or we are not. The middle ground is the playground of false prophets and leftists.
Actually, I said I wanted to make it harder for women to be forced into prostitution. Were you even paying attention to what I said?

Actually, I said I wanted to make it harder for women to be forced into prostitution. Were you even paying attention to what I said?
I absolutely was. You implied that the women need special treatment and government protection.

They don't. They are grown adults just like you and me. If you make poor decisions in life, like selling your ass, do you deserve extra protection?

I absolutely was. You implied that the women need special treatment and government protection.

They don't. They are grown adults just like you and me. If you make poor decisions in life, like selling your ass, do you deserve extra protection?
Grandpa, a lot of prostitutes are sex slaves. Are you not aware of this?

In the 1800's ,many of the 'Houses" were run by "Madames".

There are sex slavery rings BECAUSE prostitution is illegal.
Any & every illegal activity has a seemly underbelly surrounding it.

Any woman in a FREE society should be able to hire security and sell her ass just like any other business can hire security and sell their services.
If ANYONE can sell sex the need to break the law to get sex would obviously decline

We have illegal prostitution and a lot of women (children too) get hurt, addicted to drugs and raped on a frequent basis. Why deprive them of rights when every other worker in the country has them?

They are sex slave precisely because it is illegal.

If ANYONE can sell sex the need for forced prostitution disappears

We have illegal prostitution and a lot of women (children too) get hurt,
The reason they get hurt is in your post....

If it wasn't illegal they could report crimes against their person. But because it is illegal they are FORCED to remain silent.

I don't think you understand. Often times it's not their choice. Married women for decades and still to this day often feel the wrath of their belligerent spouses and never go to the police. I don't think money changing hands for sexual favors is going to be safer without some sort of regulation to ensure safety as well as to prevent STDs.

Also, the children part. They won't be prosecuted for prostitution yet face a lot of risk in this environment. Who is going to ensure the brothels do not employ minors?

There are sex slavery rings BECAUSE prostitution is illegal.
Any & every illegal activity has a seemly underbelly surrounding it.

Any woman in a FREE society should be able to hire security and sell her ass just like any other business can hire security and sell their services.
If ANYONE can sell sex the need to break the law to get sex would obviously decline
Wrong. As they discovered in Amsterdam few of the women were prostitutes voluntarily. That's why so much of the red light district was shut down. The rest of it will go too. The whole thing was fueled by sex slavery.

Prostitution is one of those activities whose ills cannot be cured by legalization. The best you can get is legal prostitution and illegal prostitution.

If I want to put an add online to sell my body to the highest bidder who the fuck is the government to tell me I can't do that?

The only difference between me buying dinner for a date in the hope's of sex is she got food instead of cash. So if she put out is that not a crime?

We have illegal prostitution and a lot of women (children too) get hurt,
The reason they get hurt is in your post....

If it wasn't illegal they could report crimes against their person. But because it is illegal they are FORCED to remain silent.
Uhh nonsense. When prostitutes are abused by a pimp they are afraid of him throwing them out, not being prosecuted for prostitution. When a woman is rented out for the purpose of being beaten, no way will she report it and give up that money .

Prostitution is far more complicated than fucking for cash. In time to come there will be sex robots and the whole subject will be a non issue .

If I want to put an add online to sell my body to the highest bidder who the fuck is the government to tell me I can't do that?

The only difference between me buying dinner for a date in the hope's of sex is she got food instead of cash. So if she put out is that not a crime?
That's why it's not possible to make prostitution a legal activity for the exchange of money. What you want is just ignore the whole thing.

Forum List

Back