Proposal for New USMB "Invite Only" Threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on how it is used.

Here's likely how it will be used, regardless of what may otherwise be stated up front. You're going to get groups of very like minded people (say commies for instance) inviting each other into the group, then they're going to proceed to organize by filling their threads full of commie propaganda and you can't challenge it or do anything about it because you weren't 'invited.'

Now. After that, what's going to happen is that any new person that comes here is potentially at-risk for full scale indoctrination because the commies got safe spaces to spew their propaganda undeterred.

That's what's going to happen.

Of course, it could be any organized agenda. Doesn't have to be commies, per se.

Well, I know there are some people here who would like a private area to discuss issues about themselves without it being dragged into the flame zone and mocked. There are people who have shared personal information in a place like the coffee shop only to be mocked in the flame zone for their problems, so that is the current state of affairs on this board. Don't talk about yourself or anything personal about yourself because there are people who are not above using that to try to hurt or mock you. Some people are not really here to recruit others into something (except to participate in mocking some poor person's personal tragedy), or even to discuss current issues or politics, believe it or not. :dunno:
There are people who have shared personal information in a place like the coffee shop only to be mocked in the flame zone for their problems, so that is the current state of affairs on this board.
You make it sound like an every day occurrence, which it definitely wasn't. I don't agree with it, but the person behind it is gone.

The Coffee Shop is pretty safe, I think. You see a whole different side of people there and I never hear it brought up in any of the other forums. If you have something really personal to discuss, PM it, because I don't think anywhere on the internet is actually safe, and you can't really trust anyone. Don't blame the FZ for that.

Here's likely how it will be used, regardless of what may otherwise be stated up front. You're going to get groups of very like minded people (say commies for instance) inviting each other into the group, then they're going to proceed to organize by filling their threads full of commie propaganda and you can't challenge it or do anything about it because you weren't 'invited.'

Now. After that, what's going to happen is that any new person that comes here is potentially at-risk for full scale indoctrination because the commies got safe spaces to spew their propaganda undeterred.

Of course, it could be any organized agenda. Doesn't have to be commies, per se.

Well, I know there are some people here who would like a private area to discuss issues about themselves without it being dragged into the flame zone and mocked. There are people who have shared personal information in a place like the coffee shop only to be mocked in the flame zone for their problems, so that is the current state of affairs on this board. Don't talk about yourself or anything personal about yourself because there are people who are not above using that to try to hurt or mock you. Some people are not really here to recruit others into something (except to participate in mocking some poor person's personal tragedy), or even to discuss current issues or politics, believe it or not. :dunno:
There are people who have shared personal information in a place like the coffee shop only to be mocked in the flame zone for their problems, so that is the current state of affairs on this board.
You make it sound like an every day occurrence, which it definitely wasn't. I don't agree with it, but the person behind it is gone.

The Coffee Shop is pretty safe, I think. You see a whole different side of people there and I never hear it brought up in any of the other forums. If you have something really personal to discuss, PM it, because I don't think anywhere on the internet is actually safe, and you can't really trust anyone. Don't blame the FZ for that.

What? I don't think you know what in the hell you are talking about, as usual. Lol. Gracie

There are people whose names are dragged through there who don't even post there. They are tagged there so they can be mocked and made into the flamer victim of the day. Lucy Hamilton

Pulease. You are a hypocritical person who is allegedly a TEACHER and allegedly against bullying. Yet you make excuses for internet bullying.

The kinds of personal attacks that go on there sometimes are beyond sickening. It is one thing to be involved in a heated discussion and to do a little flaming. It is another to go out of your way to try to humiliate and/or bully a person out of the blue. I know that there are plenty of other people here who know what I'm talking about too.

What? I don't think you know what in the hell you are talking about, as usual. Lol. Gracie

There are people whose names are dragged through there who don't even post there. They are tagged there so they can be mocked and made into the flamer victim of the day. Lucy Hamilton

Pulease. You are a hypocritical person who is allegedly a TEACHER and allegedly against bullying. Yet you make excuses for internet bullying.
I've already had one post pulled here for replying to a personal insult, so I'll leave this one to you.

I've already had one post pulled here for replying to a personal insult, so I'll leave this one to you.

Pointing out what you are doing is not insulting you. Are you against or for internet bullying? You cannot have it BOTH ways.

You are FOR bullying if you like what the person is saying, right? Or if you dislike the person that is the target of the day maybe? Then, it's okay? Or is it that internet bullying is wrong period, especially when you have a group of nasty people who apparently get their thrills by doing it?

Many good posters are no longer here often any more, and some nice, if a bit crazy, posters like Jeremiah and some others, who couldn't post anywhere on the board without being bullied by degenerate infantile scum. The 'Group' thing would work, but they did away with that for some reason, different software or something.

[
You ask them to leave. When Tilly, the owner of the forum asked me to leave I did. Completely. You would be amazed at how well simply being nice can work. You can also report them and we will thread ban them.

I think it would be nicer if mods with an agenda did not troll these private places to begin with.

How do you expect others to respect the privacy of a group when you worked so diligently to undermine and troll one of them? Have you ever considered leading by example rather than this constant "do as I say, not as I do"?

Many good posters are no longer here often any more, and some nice, if a bit crazy, posters like Jeremiah and some others, who couldn't post anywhere on the board without being bullied by degenerate infantile scum. The 'Group' thing would work, but they did away with that for some reason, different software or something.

Speaking of degenerate infantile scum, I noticed the flame zone was gone when I came back here after being gone for a few months.

At least it appears gone. Bad element that flame zone.

What person behind it are you referring to? There was never only one person. There is a group of people who regularly post in the flamer zone who seem to find it amusing to abuse other members as if they are 12-year-olds on the playground or something. Sure there are some funny things too and some that just seems to be crossing a line of common decency and civility.

It's already too fragmented here just because of the platform software. You can't really do anything constructive without vBulletin and its powerful tools.

I don't really tell strangers my business. There's no loyalty among thieves. But thanks for the advice.

I don't tell much any more, since on another board I posted at for years I and some others picked up some loony stalkers even back when they were rare on message boards, and they ended up crippled and being sued. I don't give out info any more so many of these sicko gimps don't get themselves hurt, crippled, or dead when they think they're going to get me or something. Most aren't any challenge, but they can be annoying and inconvenient, and you have to waste hours of your life with the police after they get taken down.

Speaking of degenerate infantile scum, I noticed the flame zone was gone when I came back here after being gone for a few months.

Nope. It is still there. Not as active as it once and perhaps a bit less nasty than it was since their alpha bully was banned, but still there.

It's already too fragmented here just because of the platform software. You can't really do anything constructive without vBulletin and its powerful tools.

I don't really tell strangers my business. There's no loyalty among thieves. But thanks for the advice.

I don't tell much any more, since on another board I posted at for years I and some others picked up some loony stalkers even back when they were rare on message boards, and they ended up crippled and being sued. I don't give out info any more so many of these sicko gimps don't get themselves hurt, crippled, or dead when they think they're going to get me or something. Most aren't any challenge, but they can be annoying and inconvenient, and you have to waste hours of your life with the police after they get taken down.
Are you saying you actually irl beat them up?

Nope. It is still there. Not as active as it once and perhaps a bit less nasty than it was since their alpha bully was banned, but still there.

Oh. I didn't see it was still there. Of course, I really didn't go looking for it either. Reason I thought it was missing is because it seemed less nasty around here when I came back. Gues sthat's why.

I didn't know they had a 'alfa' leader, though? lol.

Sometimes I end up there via clicking one of those 'topics' links on the right side of the page; I usually don't check to see what Forum they're in, and some thread were moved there from 'upstairs' and I would get alerts.

Oh. I didn't see it was still there. Of course, I really didn't go looking for it either. Reason I thought it was missing is because it seemed less nasty around here when I came back. Gues sthat's why.

Yup, just like a wolf pack. There is a hierarchy. :D

Who was the alleged 'Alpha'? Or is that confidential?

The kinds of personal attacks that go on there sometimes are beyond sickening. .

In one thread, a black poster asked if any whites had experienced racism. I replied by telling of the experiences of my partially disabled child being attacked regularly in school by blacks hurling racial abuse while in the Oakland school district , and beaten up to the point we ended up packing our bags and moving.

When one black poster said he was happy my kid got beat up for being white, one mod supported him by telling me I shouldn't have brought him up if I didn't want him attacked and another mod threatened ME over the fact that I didn't like having my own child's pain being celebrated by a hateful poster.

The mods here go out of their way to protect the most vile posters and do nothing for those who are reasonable.

Yes, the bias is strong and blatant here with some mods. They don't actually read threads, and just respond to butthurt sniveling from posters they like and ignore the trolling and baiting of the protected species. Others are fine, others are obvious censors. you can pretty much tell when you're going to get a post deleted or a warning by keeping an eye on who is 'online'; some posters wait for certain mods to log on and then spam them with crybaby whining.

Who was the alleged 'Alpha'? Or is that confidential?

Nerd...nerd...nerd...nerd....alpha nerd...nerd....nerd...nerd.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back