Proposal for New USMB "Invite Only" Threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many good posters are no longer here often any more, and some nice, if a bit crazy, posters like Jeremiah and some others, who couldn't post anywhere on the board without being bullied by degenerate infantile scum. The 'Group' thing would work, but they did away with that for some reason, different software or something.

Speaking of degenerate infantile scum, I noticed the flame zone was gone when I came back here after being gone for a few months.

At least it appears gone. Bad element that flame zone.

Nope. It is still there. Not as active as it once and perhaps a bit less nasty than it was since their alpha bully was banned, but still there.

Oh. I didn't see it was still there. Of course, I really didn't go looking for it either. Reason I thought it was missing is because it seemed less nasty around here when I came back. Gues sthat's why.

I didn't know they had a 'alfa' leader, though? lol.

Yup, just like a wolf pack. There is a hierarchy. :D

Who was the alleged 'Alpha'? Or is that confidential?

I'm not sure if I can mention the name of a banned member, but oh well, it was Pillars. :D Doesn't GET much nastier than some of the things that poster has said about posters. Good grief. Like an insane asylum.

Speaking of degenerate infantile scum, I noticed the flame zone was gone when I came back here after being gone for a few months.

At least it appears gone. Bad element that flame zone.

Nope. It is still there. Not as active as it once and perhaps a bit less nasty than it was since their alpha bully was banned, but still there.

Oh. I didn't see it was still there. Of course, I really didn't go looking for it either. Reason I thought it was missing is because it seemed less nasty around here when I came back. Gues sthat's why.

I'm not sure if I can mention the name of a banned member, but oh well, it was Pillars. :D Doesn't GET much nastier than some of the things that poster has said about posters. Good grief. Like an insane asylum.

Well, I never heard of him or remember any of his posts, so nothing revealed, really. Thanks.

The kinds of personal attacks that go on there sometimes are beyond sickening. .

In one thread, a black poster asked if any whites had experienced racism. I replied by telling of the experiences of my partially disabled child being attacked regularly in school by blacks hurling racial abuse while in the Oakland school district , and beaten up to the point we ended up packing our bags and moving.

When one black poster said he was happy my kid got beat up for being white, one mod supported him by telling me I shouldn't have brought him up if I didn't want him attacked and another mod threatened ME over the fact that I didn't like having my own child's pain being celebrated by a hateful poster.

The mods here go out of their way to protect the most vile posters and do nothing for those who are reasonable.

Yes, the bias is strong and blatant here with some mods. They don't actually read threads, and just respond to butthurt sniveling from posters they like and ignore the trolling and baiting of the protected species. Others are fine, others are obvious censors. you can pretty much tell when you're going to get a post deleted or a warning by keeping an eye on who is 'online'; some posters wait for certain mods to log on and then spam them with crybaby whining.

I haven't had any problems lately but there was a time in the flamer zone when I had comments directed at me that were deleted by mods to protect the person who made the comments. I guess I can't even SAY what the comments are because that would be against the rules. Lol. This is what I am talking about when I say they are okay with and even encourage flaming in a lot of instances, until it is done to one of their own of course. Then YOU are a really bad person for sticking up for yourself. :D But, I haven't had any problems with the mods these days. This was a couple of years ago and things were a bit different, I think. I mean, if they want a flame zone, then by all means, but don't expect that you are going to be able to keep those kinds of people quarantined to a certain area of an internet forum. Then again, we have our share of blatant trolls and just plain weirdos in the regular parts of the forum that do have rules too. What can you do? It is a lose/lose situation.

Well, I never heard of him or remember any of his posts, so nothing revealed, really. Thanks.

Well I guess you HAVE never posted in the flame zone then. If you have been here since 2010 and you ever posted in the flame zone, you would know the poster. The poster also went by another user name in the past apparently, katz or something like that. Not really sure. That was before my time as a member here.

Depends on how it is used.

Here's likely how it will be used, regardless of what may otherwise be stated up front. You're going to get groups of very like minded people (say commies for instance) inviting each other into the group, then they're going to proceed to organize by filling their threads full of commie propaganda and you can't challenge it or do anything about it because you weren't 'invited.'

Now. After that, what's going to happen is that any new person that comes here is potentially at-risk for full scale indoctrination because the commies got safe spaces to spew their propaganda undeterred.

That's what's going to happen.

Of course, it could be any organized agenda. Doesn't have to be commies, per se.

Well, I know there are some people here who would like a private area to discuss issues about themselves without it being dragged into the flame zone and mocked. There are people who have shared personal information in a place like the coffee shop only to be mocked in the flame zone for their problems, so that is the current state of affairs on this board. Don't talk about yourself or anything personal about yourself because there are people who are not above using that to try to hurt or mock you. Some people are not really here to recruit others into something (except to participate in mocking some poor person's personal tragedy), or even to discuss current issues or politics, believe it or not. :dunno:

It's already too fragmented here just because of the platform software. You can't really do anything constructive without vBulletin and its powerful tools.

I don't really tell strangers my business. There's no loyalty among thieves. But thanks for the advice.

I don't tell much any more, since on another board I posted at for years I and some others picked up some loony stalkers even back when they were rare on message boards, and they ended up crippled and being sued. I don't give out info any more so many of these sicko gimps don't get themselves hurt, crippled, or dead when they think they're going to get me or something. Most aren't any challenge, but they can be annoying and inconvenient, and you have to waste hours of your life with the police after they get taken down.
Are you saying you actually irl beat them up?

One loon got to experience what a decent old style ball peen hammer could do to their elbows and face. Ball peens are legal to carry where other things, like large knives and billy clubs, that sort of stuff, isn't. You can learn to throw them, too, if you're so inclined to expand your horizons.

Another got to experience a .38 slug to his left kneecap, and another thought he would be really sneaky and stalk my wife, and got to experience both a broken arm and a 9mm round into to his crouch. If anybody wants to know, that aikkido stuff Stephen Segal recommends really works if you get a genuine instructor and stay at it for at least 5 years. Ask my wife. You can do a lot with it, including keeping a hand free for other uses, like drawing a pistol or some other weapon, or a cell phone even.

Anyway, 3 was it, and thereafter people on the board removed all their personal info and only sent it by private email forever after. Several others got visits as well. but it seems net crazies are usually incompetent and stupid.

Last edited:
Here's likely how it will be used, regardless of what may otherwise be stated up front. You're going to get groups of very like minded people (say commies for instance) inviting each other into the group, then they're going to proceed to organize by filling their threads full of commie propaganda and you can't challenge it or do anything about it because you weren't 'invited.'

Now. After that, what's going to happen is that any new person that comes here is potentially at-risk for full scale indoctrination because the commies got safe spaces to spew their propaganda undeterred.

Of course, it could be any organized agenda. Doesn't have to be commies, per se.

Well, I know there are some people here who would like a private area to discuss issues about themselves without it being dragged into the flame zone and mocked. There are people who have shared personal information in a place like the coffee shop only to be mocked in the flame zone for their problems, so that is the current state of affairs on this board. Don't talk about yourself or anything personal about yourself because there are people who are not above using that to try to hurt or mock you. Some people are not really here to recruit others into something (except to participate in mocking some poor person's personal tragedy), or even to discuss current issues or politics, believe it or not. :dunno:

It's already too fragmented here just because of the platform software. You can't really do anything constructive without vBulletin and its powerful tools.

I don't really tell strangers my business. There's no loyalty among thieves. But thanks for the advice.

I don't tell much any more, since on another board I posted at for years I and some others picked up some loony stalkers even back when they were rare on message boards, and they ended up crippled and being sued. I don't give out info any more so many of these sicko gimps don't get themselves hurt, crippled, or dead when they think they're going to get me or something. Most aren't any challenge, but they can be annoying and inconvenient, and you have to waste hours of your life with the police after they get taken down.

One loon got to experience what a decent old style ball peen could do their elbows and face

Another got experience a .38 slug to his left kneecap, and another thought he would be really sneaky and stalk my wife, and got to experience both a broken arm and a 9mm round into to his crouch. If anybody wants to know, that aikkido stuff Stephen Segal recommends really works if you get a genuine instructor and stay at it for at least 5 years. Ask my wife. You can do a lot with it, including keeping a hand free for other uses, like drawing a pistol or some other weapon, or a cell phone even.

Well geez, by personal information, I wasn't talking about your real whole name and address. ??? I mean like revealing that your pet recently died or that you are going through a difficult situation at home or at work or whatever. Lol.

One loon got to experience what a decent old style ball peen could do their elbows and face

Another got experience a .38 slug to his left kneecap, and another thought he would be really sneaky and stalk my wife, and got to experience both a broken arm and a 9mm round into to his crouch. If anybody wants to know, that aikkido stuff Stephen Segal recommends really works if you get a genuine instructor and stay at it for at least 5 years. Ask my wife. You can do a lot with it, including keeping a hand free for other uses, like drawing a pistol or some other weapon, or a cell phone even.

Well geez, by personal information, I wasn't talking about your real whole name and address. ??? I mean like revealing that your pet recently died or that you are going through a difficult situation at home or at work or whatever. Lol.

Well, this was many years ago, like 1994 or so, and it was a small board, but suddenly got big, and nobody was that paranoid back then, especially in my state. A few have died, but most of us form that board still stay in touch. We moved around a little, first to Political Crossfire, a huge board that suddenly closed down after many years and to this day I don't know why, then DiscussAnything, Politics Online, Axis History Forum, and others at the same time. Snouter and some other posters here are DA refugees; it shut down a while back, with no 'alternate' board, so don't know where many of them ended up, it was dying anyway. Don't see any familiar handles from any o the others here.

Last edited:
My main concern...
These "Invite threads" will takeover the "New Post" screen.
It is obvious, unfortunately, that troll posters will open the floodgates and make all of these threads that no one from an opposing viewpoint will be able to post in....which will start troll posters from the other side to start making their own threads to combat the others.
That is the most likely outcome.

[
You ask them to leave. When Tilly, the owner of the forum asked me to leave I did. Completely. You would be amazed at how well simply being nice can work. You can also report them and we will thread ban them.

I think it would be nicer if mods with an agenda did not troll these private places to begin with.

How do you expect others to respect the privacy of a group when you worked so diligently to undermine and troll one of them? Have you ever considered leading by example rather than this constant "do as I say, not as I do"?
Apply it to yourself. The group wasn't set to private to begin with. Hence upon being asked to leave I did.

Last edited:
Depends on how it is used.

Just as an fyi if you see stuff like thar please report it. We will intervene on cases where personakstuff is being taken down there and mauled.

My main concern...
It is obvious, unfortunately, that troll posters will open the floodgates and make all of these threads that no one from an opposing viewpoint will be able to post in....which will start troll posters from the other side to start making their own threads to combat the others.
i dont think that will happen. With groups they started off popular then the postings died off.

My main concern...
i dont think that will happen. With groups they started off popular then the postings died off.

One can hope.
But in all honesty, how in the world can anyone have a worthwhile discussion without any opposing views?
So what you are left with is circle jerking and trolling.

My main concern...

Except my Group the one I was Owner of, 12 days in existence, 71 Members, 108 different threads and then on Day 12 of our existence the whole Groups thing disappeared, there was no possibility that the postings in my Group were going to die off, this because my Group knew I cared about them and treated them well.

[
You ask them to leave. When Tilly, the owner of the forum asked me to leave I did. Completely. You would be amazed at how well simply being nice can work. You can also report them and we will thread ban them.

I think it would be nicer if mods with an agenda did not troll these private places to begin with.

How do you expect others to respect the privacy of a group when you worked so diligently to undermine and troll one of them? Have you ever considered leading by example rather than this constant "do as I say, not as I do"?
Apply it to yourself. The group wasn't set to private to begin with. Hence upon being asked to leave I did.
You knew full well it was a private group when you trolled it.

Tilly's Group was not a Private Group, Dalia's Terrorism Group was not a Private Group, there were not Private because EVERYONE could see those Groups were there, Tilly's Group was though an Invite Only Group, I can't remember if Dalia's was, but both were not Private Groups.

[

You knew full well it was a private group when you trolled it.

Tilly's Group was not a Private Group, Dalia's Terrorism Group was not a Private Group, there were not Private because EVERYONE could see those Groups were there, Tilly's Group was though an Invite Only Group, I can't remember if Dalia's was, but both were not Private Groups.
Tilly invite me Yes it was a Invite Only Group it was the only one base on terrorism

[

Simple. It's totally illegal and uncool to even step into a Invite forum without an invitation. Even if it's an accident, you will be thread banned. Mod edits and Mod Messages are STILL allowed -- but their personal posts are not if they are not on "the list".. What could go wrong? i want to know..

Ha, though I did click on the button "leave the group" by mystake in the past because I had my page that had freeze and after jumped.
I no longer had access to the Tilly section so she give me back the activation link .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back