Prop gun fired by Alex Baldwin on movie set loaded with ‘a live single round’, says Hollywood union

I've never held a gun before and this is immediately on top of mind for me. I don't even pass a knife to someone blade first.
I've handled firearms since I was about 9 or 10 years old and was taught to treat all guns as though they were loaded, EVERY TIME. Then, you ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS drop the magazine (if it is a semi-auto) and clear the chamber by racking the slide. Visually inspect the breech, THEN hand it to someone else, butt first. I'd imagine that kind of discipline could have saved a life in this instance.

Wow, the plot thickens.

Start with who had motive. Who was the intended target? The director of photography or the Director of the movie?

LOS ANGELES — The gun that killed a movie cinematographer on an Alec Baldwin film set in New Mexico contained a single live round, a Hollywood union said in a memo to members, according to movie industry trade publications.

In the email that IATSE Local 44 sent to its members, the fatal shooting was described as an “an accidental weapons discharge” in which “a live single round was accidentally fired on set by the principal actor, hitting both the Director of Photography, Local 600 member Halnya Hutchins, and Director Joel Souza….

“Local 44 has confirmed that the Props, Set Decoration, Special Effects and Construction Departments were staffed by New Mexico crew members. There were no Local 44 members on the call sheet,” Secretary-Treasurer Anthony Pawluc said in the email, according to Variety and IndieWire.

Baldwin fatally fatally shot the cinematographer and wounded the director when he discharged the prop gun on a movie set in New Mexico on Thursday. The shot came in the middle of a scene that was either being rehearsed or filmed, the New York Times reported.

Isn't it sad that a filthy ass union is trying posture themselves in this tragedy?

Producers are not making as many movies in California anymore because of the filthy unions running up the cost of production. That is why they are moving to other states.

They had to get in their two cents worth that if only Baldwin had used high price union people nothing would have happen.

True or not that kind if statement is despicable!

Oh, fuck off you sniveling bitch.

Anyone who insists this is "murder" is nothing more than a partisan little fuck who wants to see Baldwin made an example of.

I don't even like the fuckin' guy, but I'm smart enough to know it's not murder.

Not a single dipshit insisting it's murder has been able to make a case for murder. Not one.

Why?

Because it's not murder, that's why...
I never said murder you dumb fuck. I said this dipshit actor is responsible for this woman's death. He pointed and fired a loaded firearm at her and she died. Regardless of what idiots like you say, anyone holding a gun is responsible if that gun kills someone. It is Baldwin's responsibility to check if there are live rounds or not, no matter how much you whine otherwise. Irresponsible morons like you are threat to everyone around them.

I never said murder you dumb fuck. I said this dipshit actor is responsible for this woman's death. He pointed and fired a loaded firearm at her and she died. Regardless of what idiots like you say, anyone holding a gun is responsible if that gun kills someone. It is Baldwin's responsibility to check if there are live rounds or not, no matter how much you whine otherwise. Irresponsible morons like you are threat to everyone around them.
Unarmed ladies meeting their demise by firearms and all libbies have are lies and deflection

Isn't it sad that a filthy ass union is trying posture themselves in this tragedy?

Producers are not making as many movies in California anymore because of the filthy unions running up the cost of production. That is why they are moving to other states.

They had to get in their two cents worth that if only Baldwin had used high price union people nothing would have happen.

True or not that kind if statement is despicable!
Hollyweirdos are the biggest hypocrites.
I know an “actor/casting director” and she refuses to hire union actors even though she is a complete batshit crazy leftwinger.

I’m guessing that the Hollywood Limousine Liberal Privileged Card is invoked and so no criminal charges but beaucoup money paid out in settlement of civil claims. Also, the movie is never finished.

I think we just need a full investigation into this. The idea of an incompetent boob like Mr. Baldwin being given a potentially dangerous instrument of death is suspicious to say the least.

I’m guessing that the Hollywood Limousine Liberal Privileged Card is invoked and so no criminal charges but beaucoup money paid out in settlement of civil claims. Also, the movie is never finished.

And that is exactly what should happen when there's an ACCIDENT...

And that is exactly what should happen when there's an ACCIDENT...

In New Mexico, as in most states, negligent homicide is a crime.

If you are driving too fast and accidentally kill somebody it was an accident but you can be charged with negligent homicide.

Not any difference than if you are using real guns and real bullets on a movie set and somebody gets killed because of negligence.

Hollyweirdos are the biggest hypocrites.
I know an “actor/casting director” and she refuses to hire union actors even though she is a complete batshit crazy leftwinger.

Does she have a second job to pay the bills? She can't be doing much film work. Almost every working actor alive is a member of the Screen Actor's Guild. Their current membership is north of 163,000...

If he was a Trump supporter you retards would be supporting him & running your yaps about the rights of gun owners.
I'm sure you'll want to know where he and Bubba are registered so you can send them something nice. Maybe a case of K-Y.

Pointing a gun at someone and pulling the trigger isn't an accident, you fucking moron.
I'm going to address this to your 23rd chromosome:

No, it's not. The accident occurs when someone doesn't prep the gun properly (that would be the responsibility of the prop master).

The investigation isn't over; probably far from it. We don't even know if there was a live round in the gun to begin with...

Forum List

Back