Proof that not all homeless people are worthless (as most seem to think)

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022

I'm going to try to get another site because this one doesn't go into details about this guy Lebre. One account says that he wore the same clothes all the time and smelled very badly, that he used to ring a small bell if someone got near to warn them of such. I don't know.. you hear all kinds of things. This last "info" was taken from a NO publication (novus ordo.. post Vatican II Church) so it is suspect IMO just for that reason alone. I mean, why would someone deliberately be unclean.. but anyhow..

I am going to go to a non-NO site now..

In any case, I do know he was a homeless beggar who oftentimes (all the time? so says the NO publication) didn't beg but only accepted what was offered to him when he didn't ask..

St Francis was a beggar who did ask.. All the saints are very different. Not all people are called to this kind ofradical giving up of the world (or are they?) yet Jesus did say we, in following HIm, have to renounce all our possessions.. I tend to think He meant: renounce all those we do not need to take care of our own basic needs. But some people would take that assessment of Christ's teaching and run with it.. telling themsleves they need that extra car.. extra house.. when they are far from needing those things. Well, you can't rationalize with God

This site goes into more details

Homeless people are not worthless. They are HOMEless. Society makes them worthless. Many of them are mental, but whatever the case, society turns their back on them and calls them worthless because that is the easiest way for them to justify their inaction and indifference. Like old age and death, people tend to shun the stuff they'd rather not think about or deal with, trying to block out the fact that everyone becomes old or sick eventually and that anyone can befall bad luck and become poor or homeless.

So the poor, old, sick, or homeless just get poorer, sicker, or more homeless in number.

• Banned
Homeless people are not worthless. They are HOMEless. Society makes them worthless. Many of them are mental, but whatever the case, society turns their back on them and calls them worthless because that is the easiest way for them to justify their inaction and indifference. Like old age and death, people tend to shun the stuff they'd rather not think about or deal with, trying to block out the fact that everyone becomes old or sick eventually and that anyone can befall bad luck and become poor or homeless.

So the poor, old, sick, or homeless just get poorer, sicker, or more homeless in number.
Very well said, right to the center of the problem!

One thing I gleaned from reading about St LeBre is this: that whatever a person is, whomever he is, it is what (whom) that person is to GOD that matters. People only see the outside, the dirty clothes, the smell, etc.. But when he died, miracles happened all over the place. He probably just said No to his pride, the pride that says you have to be just as clean as everyone else, the pride that says you have to live exactly like others or you are reject-worthy.. Well, Christ does not reject anyone and Benedict realized that (in spades). And eventually, the guy got what he'd always lacked in this world.. a warm, safe home where there is all the Love anyone could ask for..

Democrats consider the unborn to be worthless but homeless people claim the description for themselves. There are dedicated people who try to rehabilitate homeless people and get them off drugs and alcohol but for the most part the homeless crave the worthless title.

• Banned
Democrats consider the unborn to be worthless but homeless people claim the description for themselves. There are dedicated people who try to rehabilitate homeless people and get them off drugs and alcohol but for the most part the homeless crave the worthless title.
doubt it

• Banned
Jesus told a parable that seemed to be about LaBre's life

Lk 16:19

In this parable, the rich man ignores the poor, esp Lazarus who is right at his doorstep regularly. He is too rich and too busy to pay attention to a nobody (yes, these are my words). The beggar dies and goes to Abraham (not sure what that means as opposed to going to Heaven?) and the rich man dies also and goes to.. I think it is called the Netherworld(?) where he is in torment. He asks Abraham to send Lazarus with water but there is no passing from one place to another (which proves IMO this was Hell, not Purgatory because those in the latter eventually go to Heaven).

The rich man did not go to Hell bc he was rich but because.. well, this is my thought: he thought he was better than people like L.. but worse, he didn't help him at all.. just figured.. well, maybe he figured like so many in society today do, that L was worthless.. that even God didn't give a rip about him..

Homeless people are created by the system/government, through no fault of their own (unless they are corrupt and greedy and fail at it).

It's difficult coming back from being homeless. The more time you spend homeless, the less you care about everything. It's easy enough to give up when people spit on you or try to run you down when crossing the road. It's difficult to consider yourself a human being again, because you're screamed at by everybody with obscenities and condemnations.

Companies help criminals with programs to give them jobs and reintigrate them into society.
Companies DO NOT have the same programs for homeless people wanting to get their lives back.

I'm going to try to get another site because this one doesn't go into details about this guy Lebre. One account says that he wore the same clothes all the time and smelled very badly, that he used to ring a small bell if someone got near to warn them of such. I don't know.. you hear all kinds of things. This last "info" was taken from a NO publication (novus ordo.. post Vatican II Church) so it is suspect IMO just for that reason alone. I mean, why would someone deliberately be unclean.. but anyhow..

I am going to go to a non-NO site now..

In any case, I do know he was a homeless beggar who oftentimes (all the time? so says the NO publication) didn't beg but only accepted what was offered to him when he didn't ask..

St Francis was a beggar who did ask.. All the saints are very different. Not all people are called to this kind ofradical giving up of the world (or are they?) yet Jesus did say we, in following HIm, have to renounce all our possessions.. I tend to think He meant: renounce all those we do not need to take care of our own basic needs. But some people would take that assessment of Christ's teaching and run with it.. telling themsleves they need that extra car.. extra house.. when they are far from needing those things. Well, you can't rationalize with God

This site goes into more details

Post proof that most think homeless are ALL USELESS.

After you fail at that task post proof that ANYONE thinks that.

• Banned
Homeless people are created by the system/government, through no fault of their own (unless they are corrupt and greedy and fail at it).

It's difficult coming back from being homeless. The more time you spend homeless, the less you care about everything. It's easy enough to give up when people spit on you or try to run you down when crossing the road. It's difficult to consider yourself a human being again, because you're screamed at by everybody with obscenities and condemnations.

Companies help criminals with programs to give them jobs and reintigrate them into society.
Companies DO NOT have the same programs for homeless people wanting to get their lives back.
I could have written this myself. I don't know of any companies who help convicts re adjust but I have heard of such programs.. nothing for the homeless, though.. who may not have committed ANY crimes at all.. ever.

No wonder I sometimes hate the whole human race.. Peope rationalize the damnedest things.. Tell themselves Oh, that person was irresponsible and lazy and drug-addled or mentally ill, probably all of the above.. so why should I, Superior Human Being that I am (it would never happen to me), pay the least attn?

I forgot the part of the parable where Abraham told the guy in Hell that he (rich dude) had had good things in life and Lazarus bad... so it looks like things are "bass-ackwards" in the the next life from what they are on Earth

The life of a peculiar French man in the 16th century might be proof that the Catholic Church bestowed Sainthood to make political points. It's hardly relevant to junkies who shit on the sidewalks today.

The life of a peculiar French man in the 16th century might be proof that the Catholic Church bestowed Sainthood to make political points. It's hardly relevant to junkies who shit on the sidewalks today.
as per usual, non-Christians get things wrong. For one, It was the 18th century when LeBre lived

and you have absolutely NO way of knowing why every single homeless person today is homeless..

no wonder Jesus said Judge not.

Who the heck is anyone to judge who has not been there? I doubt u have been homeles.. But even those who haven't been.. can see w/ their own eyes and thank God some do.. that people are in a bad situation. How they got there appears to be entirely irrelevent. Yes, there are bad people who end up homeless because they did wrong.. but Jesus said to help people. You can't write them ALL off. The Old T talks about charity toward the poor also

St Benedict LaBre was a TRUE Catholic.. who lived in a time of true Catholicism, in other words: before Vatican II all but destroyed Catholicism (died only a few years b4 the French Revolution).

What strikes me about him is that, once he heard that it was difficult to enter Heaven.. (learned when very young) he did all he could, left everything behind, etc, to find that Narrow Way to Heaven. Miracles happened when he was alive as well as after he passed (even more after).

I got to thinking about that novus ordo publication that had a story about him. :(

What strikes me at this point is that the author of that just HAD to make the implication that LaBre suffered from "mental illness" possibly autism, etc.. said that autistic people have a tendency to think in black and white terms.. "rigid"

In other words, IMO, it seems the NO Church (so called Church) wants to tell all its members who read the article on St LaBre: DON'T do what LaBre did! We need MONEY, so you can't give up all your possessions to the poor [like Jesus said, btw] and $$ to follow this dude..

I can't judge the motives of any given writer, but if I can come to this kind of conclusion.. others undoubtedly have themselves, esp those who have studied the nefarious Vatican II and know the extent to which it has messed everything up in the Church.. and people are suffering the egregious consequences of that.

Don't let yourself be lied to vis a vis the NO 'church'

which means don't buy everything you read in a NO publication. I advise don't read anything not approved by the Society of St Pius X, the true Catholic Church.

Who knows how powerful the homeless people's prayers are today?

God alone

so please not judge them

Another thing about the novus ordo book that had this story of St LaBre in it:

This could be a lie or just some kind of presumptuous thinking. God knows but the author of this story said that LaBre would confess sins he had never committed.

Well, the implication once again is: mental illness.. something is dreadfully wrong with the person, may have been guilty of actual LYING to the priest in confession.. which of course would mean he was NOT a saint.. yet he was canonized a saint. OOOPS...

Too bad, Novus Ordo folks.. the canonization happened b4 your fake clergy came along (after Vatican II).. too bad you can't undo the canonization.. which was done by a REAL pope (the ones after Vatican II --no, all who came after Pius XII.. are not in that category).

so it looks like the author once again wants to discredit this Saint..

or was it "accidental"?

doubt it.. Either way, the bottom line is: you cannot trust a novus ordo... anything/anyone

as per usual, non-Christians get things wrong. For one, It was the 18th century when LeBre lived

and you have absolutely NO way of knowing why every single homeless person today is homeless..

no wonder Jesus said Judge not.

Who the heck is anyone to judge who has not been there? I doubt u have been homeles.. But even those who haven't been.. can see w/ their own eyes and thank God some do.. that people are in a bad situation. How they got there appears to be entirely irrelevent. Yes, there are bad people who end up homeless because they did wrong.. but Jesus said to help people. You can't write them ALL off. The Old T talks about charity toward the poor also
My bad. 1783 was the 18th century not the 16th.

People crawl across the desert to get to the greatest Country in the world. Legal immigrants have been creating businesses for a hundred years. There are hundreds of programs both government and private available to the "homeless" but if they prefer to sleep and shit on the street you can only conclude that they are resigned to the fact that they are worthless and sane people can only agree.

As someone who deals daily with homeless people. For the most part, "worthless" is being kind. They are actively destructive to society. They commit petty crime, drive business from the areas they congregate, and spread disease.

As for worth, their bodies are to damaged for them to be organ donors and I wouldn't even use them for Soylent Green.

As someone who deals daily with homeless people. For the most part, "worthless" is being kind. They are actively destructive to society. They commit petty crime, drive business from the areas they congregate, and spread disease.

As for worth, their bodies are to damaged for them to be organ donors and I wouldn't even use them for Soylent Green.
yes, they are all the same, that is true

:rolleyes:

How do you "deal daily" with them... kick them out of the way on your way to your cushy job?

and you think that LaBre dude was truly mentally ill and totally worthless.. (despite being a canonized saint)

yes, they are all the same, that is true

:rolleyes:

How do you "deal daily" with them... kick them out of the way on your way to your cushy job?

and you think that LaBre dude was truly mentally ill and totally worthless.. (despite being a canonized saint)

I have no doubt that quite a few "saints" are mentally ill.

In days past, and in certain cases today, the ravings of a damaged mind have often been associated with holy vision.

As for all homeless being the same, are you genuinely unfamiliar with the term, "for the most part" ?

Forum List

Back