Proof: Obama WAS Trying to Use Joint Speech As Political Ploy

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
what a horrible person and Party..this is how much they CARE about jobs... AND YOU..links in article at site.

SNIP:
The American left and its handmaidens in the Old Media spent 24 hours desperately trying to spin Obama’s attempt to schedule a joint session of Congress on the same day as the GOP debate as an example of how the GOP is refusing to work with him. These leftists categorically deny that Obama was simply engaging in political brinkmanship, using his selection of Sept. 7 as a political ploy. But the very night that Obama was shot down by Speaker Boehner on the date he chose for his jobs address, Obama’s campaign sent out a fundraising letter that pretty much proves that Obama intended the whole episode to be the very political ploy his pals in the Old Media tried to deny was happening.

SNIP:
One problem here is that the protocol of scheduling a joint session of Congress was not observed by this White House. The fact is a president cannot schedule a joint session of Congress on his own hook. He simply does not have that power Constitutionally. He must ask the Senate majority leader and the speaker of the House of Representatives if the date he is requesting will work. Such a date has to be agreed upon by Congress before announcements are made. Obama did not do this. He simply tried to decree on what date the speech would be held and announced that date as if it were settled.

This was an unprecedented move.

read it all here.
Proof: Obama WAS Trying to Use Joint Speech As Political Ploy - Big Journalism

Last edited:
he sent out a fund raising letter on the same night Boehner asked him to switch the speech. Whoa...that means....what does that mean? Obama sent out campaign letters? OH THE HORROR! I thought I would never see the day when someone didnt know the definition of proof

The problem I see with this joint session speech is that it shows how amatuerish this guy is.

This is the kind of thing you do when you are a "Community Organizer". Show up at someone else's ceremony or event and start a little protest to get some attention. And Obama learned at the feet of the masters of this like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

But a President has to be a bit more than that. Joint sessions are for things like declaring war or announcing a vast program. He was treating it like a demonstration at a WalMart opening.

he sent out a fund raising letter on the same night Boehner asked him to switch the speech. Whoa...that means....what does that mean? Obama sent out campaign letters? OH THE HORROR! I thought I would never see the day when someone didnt know the definition of proof
Is English you second language?

He simply does not have that power Constitutionally. He must ask the Senate majority leader and the speaker of the House of Representatives if the date he is requesting will work. Such a date has to be agreed upon by Congress before announcements are made. Obama did not do this. He simply tried to decree on what date the speech would be held and announced that date as if it were settled.

This leaves open only two possibilities, both quite plausible:

1) Boiking doesn't know the constitutional protocol for assembling a joint session of congress for the purpose of presidential addresses.....A high degree of plausibility, seeing he's shown himself to be completely incompetent in other areas of the protocol of the office.

2) He knew the requisite formalities and chose to ignore them for whatever reason....Also carrying a high degree of probability, as he has shown numerous times that he seems to fancy himself an autocrat.

So, he's either stupid or a tyrant...Take your pick.

He simply does not have that power Constitutionally. He must ask the Senate majority leader and the speaker of the House of Representatives if the date he is requesting will work. Such a date has to be agreed upon by Congress before announcements are made. Obama did not do this. He simply tried to decree on what date the speech would be held and announced that date as if it were settled.

1) Boiking doesn't know the constitutional protocol for assembling a joint session of congress for the purpose of presidential addresses.....A high degree of plausibility, seeing he's shown himself to be completely incompetent in other areas of the protocol of the office.

2) He knew the requisite formalities and chose to ignore them for whatever reason....Also carrying a high degree of probability, as he has shown numerous times that he seems to fancy himself an autocrat.

Is there an "all of the above" choice?

what a horrible person and Party..this is how much they CARE about jobs... AND YOU..links in article at site.

SNIP:
The American left and its handmaidens in the Old Media spent 24 hours desperately trying to spin Obama’s attempt to schedule a joint session of Congress on the same day as the GOP debate as an example of how the GOP is refusing to work with him. These leftists categorically deny that Obama was simply engaging in political brinkmanship, using his selection of Sept. 7 as a political ploy. But the very night that Obama was shot down by Speaker Boehner on the date he chose for his jobs address, Obama’s campaign sent out a fundraising letter that pretty much proves that Obama intended the whole episode to be the very political ploy his pals in the Old Media tried to deny was happening.

SNIP:
One problem here is that the protocol of scheduling a joint session of Congress was not observed by this White House. The fact is a president cannot schedule a joint session of Congress on his own hook. He simply does not have that power Constitutionally. He must ask the Senate majority leader and the speaker of the House of Representatives if the date he is requesting will work. Such a date has to be agreed upon by Congress before announcements are made. Obama did not do this. He simply tried to decree on what date the speech would be held and announced that date as if it were settled.

read it all here.
Proof: Obama WAS Trying to Use Joint Speech As Political Ploy - Big Journalism

Dems = Party > Country

:lol: The hubbub earlier this week was over his request (of Boehner and Reid) for the joint session, not some imaginary "announcement" or "decree" from the White House. You couldn't wait a full week to rewrite history to fit your narrative?

Dear Mr. Speaker: (Dear Mr. Leader: )

Our Nation faces unprecedented economic challenges, and millions of hardworking Americans continue to look for jobs. As I have traveled across our country this summer and spoken with our fellow Americans, I have heard a consistent message: Washington needs to put aside politics and start making decisions based on what is best for our country and not what is best for each of our parties in order to grow the economy and create jobs. We must answer this call.

Therefore, I respectfully request the opportunity to address a Joint Session of Congress on September 7, 2011, at 8:00 p.m. It is my intention to lay out a series of bipartisan proposals that the Congress can take immediately to continue to rebuild the American economy by strengthening small businesses, helping Americans get back to work, and putting more money in the paychecks of the Middle Class and working Americans, while still reducing our deficit and getting our fiscal house in order. It is our responsibility to find bipartisan solutions to help grow our economy, and if we are willing to put country before party, I am confident we can do just that.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama​

:lol: The hubbub earlier this week was over his request (of Boehner and Reid) for the joint session, not some imaginary "announcement" or "decree" from the White House. You couldn't wait a full week to rewrite history to fit your narrative?

Our Nation faces unprecedented economic challenges, and millions of hardworking Americans continue to look for jobs. As I have traveled across our country this summer and spoken with our fellow Americans, I have heard a consistent message: Washington needs to put aside politics and start making decisions based on what is best for our country and not what is best for each of our parties in order to grow the economy and create jobs. We must answer this call.

Therefore, I respectfully request the opportunity to address a Joint Session of Congress on September 7, 2011, at 8:00 p.m. It is my intention to lay out a series of bipartisan proposals that the Congress can take immediately to continue to rebuild the American economy by strengthening small businesses, helping Americans get back to work, and putting more money in the paychecks of the Middle Class and working Americans, while still reducing our deficit and getting our fiscal house in order. It is our responsibility to find bipartisan solutions to help grow our economy, and if we are willing to put country before party, I am confident we can do just that.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama​
Didja get that straight from ol' Cass himself? :lol:

Sincerely,

Barack Obama​
Didja get that straight from ol' Cass himself? :lol:

Plouffe handed it to him personally to post it here

Sincerely,

Barack Obama​

In any event that's not the point, Obama, the Downgraded President, assumed Congress would bow to his request like he bows to the Saudi King

In any event that's not the point, Obama, the Downgraded President, assumed Congress would bow to his request like he bows to the Saudi King

That's why he's an autocrat? Because he asked to speak and expected Congress to allow him to (as they have)?
Still didn't tell us where you got the letter.

I especially like this part:
It is my intention to lay out a series of bipartisan proposals that the Congress can take immediately to continue to rebuild the American economy by strengthening small businesses...

Bipartisanship = I'll be dictating to you what I want done. :lol:

That's why he's an autocrat? Because he asked to speak and expected Congress to allow him to (as they have)?

Are you pretending to be stupid, because you're doing a great job.

Topic: Obama assumes Congress bows to his every request

You: Not on topic.

See the problem?

Still didn't tell us where you got the letter.

I especially like this part:
It is my intention to lay out a series of bipartisan proposals that the Congress can take immediately to continue to rebuild the American economy by strengthening small businesses...

Bipartisanship = I'll be dictating to you what I want done. :lol:

BoiKing Knows Best

Or didnt think it would be a problem. Or does your partisanship even allow that to be a possibility?

Topic: Obama assumes Congress bows to his every request

You: Not on topic.

The premise of the thread is exactly the opposite of what you're suggesting. The OP is claiming the President made the request for that particular date specifically because he expected to be rebuffed.

That's why "But the very night that Obama was shot down by Speaker Boehner on the date he chose for his jobs address, Obama’s campaign sent out a fundraising letter that pretty much proves that Obama intended the whole episode to be the very political ploy his pals in the Old Media tried to deny was happening." is written in red.

However, I was responding in particular to the idiotic claim that Obama didn't make the formal request at all but just "decreed" it. Anyone who even glanced at a news article about it knows this pseudo-controversy was sparked by Obama's letter to the Speaker and Majority Leader making the formal request.

Forum List

Back