Profit not inflation

'Companies are making more than enough money. They are using inflation to fatten their profits. It sure ain't going to the workers. It is time to ban stock options and profit sharing for company executives. Only Walmart and Target are helping consumers by eating some of the increased copsts and they had strong profits.
only fascist think they know how much money another is allowed to make,,

No, not at all. We need to make the federal govt do without.

The government needs to even things out. The rich are getting richer while everyone else gets poorer. For the first time since the Fed kept this statistic, the top 1% own more wealth than the middle 60%.

This is really a huge issue and I think politics is the right place for it.

Back in the 70's, when I was applying for an MBA program, I read an article that said that the bottom line management being promoted by the Harvard Business School would be the destruction of the American economy since it ignored HOW those profits were achieved and the effect on the community as a whole. There was no "good citizenship" or responsibility to the employees or the community involved. It pits management and labour against one another in wage negotiations since management must always try to improve the bottom line and not look at what's "fair" or reasonable.

At the time I read this article, I was applying to University of Western Ontario whose business program was based on the Harvard program. I thought this guy was utterly deranged, but his words have haunted me ever since as I watched his worst fears play out.

While Walmart was the second most profitable company in the USA, HR departments were helping employees remain eligible for public assistance of foods stamps and Medicare by cutting hours to keep wages at levels to below maximum levels. Taxpayers were subsidizing wages through earned income credits, food stamps and Medicaid. Had Walmart raised wages by $100 per week, per employee, it still would have been one of the most profitable companies in America, but not the second most profitable company in America. And all of their employees would make enough money that they wouldn't need food stamps or earned income credits.

It's a huge issue if you are poor.

They absolutely do BUT Wall Street has made it so that they must show yearly record profits or Wall Street hammers them. It's not good enough to once again make $10 billion in profit, you have to make $12 billion.
why is that a bad thing?

You are the fascists. Banning stock options and other incentives based on stock prices is not telling someone how much they can make. It is about banning conflicts of interest.
I didnt ban anything dumbass,, and I thought a private company can decide for themselves what they do and if you dont like it you can leave??

Two things.

1. Yahoo absolutely IS a highly biased site.

2. Wall Street is using the same metric they have always used. Companies forecast their expected earnings and then Wall Street rewards or punish them based upon meeting that expectation.

It is not biased as you do not make the final determination.

We will support ending medicare and social security. The gop has a plan.
Progs love using what the people who paid into as a wedge. Employees paying 6.5% or so plus about 2% plus the employer paying 6.5% which is really the employees wage is 15%! 15%! 15%! 15%! 15%! 15%! 15%! 15%! 15%!15%! So someone making 30 thousand dollars including the employer is paying 4500 dollars a year for this. $4500.00, $4500.00, $4500.00, $4500.00, $4500.00, $4500.00, $4500.00.... Progs love this. It has gotten them so many agendas and programs. Whoopi Goldberg with 6 abortions. To pay for this. And so much more. This is extortion. And Progs will eventually make limits for the elderly to kill them off because they have made statements about it.

Conflicts of intereszt should be banned. A company that issues stock is not a private company.
its either private company or government agency,,

if the company decides to not have them then you are more than welcome to leave or buy on the open market,,

There is inflation however retailers have also hiked their profit margins. Target and Walmart had stellar performances in sales and profits however the stocks fell because they did not hike their profit margins. This is why we need to hike the capital gains tax on stocks.
Why are all you progs blubbering about this? The Fed Cause inflation by creating money. That's the bottom line. No one is swallowing your evasions.

There is inflation however retailers have also hiked their profit margins. Target and Walmart had stellar performances in sales and profits however the stocks fell because they did not hike their profit margins. This is why we need to hike the capital gains tax on stocks.
Profits have nothing to do with inflation. You're just trying to divert attention from the true source of inflation: the government.

He wanted more military spending, but the rest of it was the ransom the Dims made him pay to get what he wanted. Those RINOs in Congress like Paul Ryan helped the Dims get what they wanted.

It's the same old argument Dims have always used to blame Republicans for their spending. Dims are the ones who put all the new spending in the bill, not Trump
Spending money on defense is the absolute worse thing you can do with federal tax revenues. It inevitably results in a multiplier of less than one. Honestly, it works the same way for your personal budget. Let's say you have a thousand bucks. You could spend it on a new AR-15. You might feel a little safer, but you will contribute absolutely nothing to your earnings capacity. You could buy a new zero turn lawnmower. You could mow your yard in half the time and devote that time saving to other ventures. That would increase your earnings capacity. Let's say that is like infrastructure spending. It saves "time", and after all, time is money. Or, you could spend that thousand dollars on a certification course that increases your value on the labor market and makes you more money. Just like on a personal basis, spending on education provides the most "bang for the buck" when it comes to public spending and returns the greatest multiplier.

Forum List

Back