Pro Soccer players booed for taking a knee during National Anthem

yes, a little upset.

I thought so. You sounded upset.

what is it to you? why are you here, commenting on my natural response to anti-american assholes, being anti-american assholes?

Discussing the topic. Isn't that why we're all here?

my feelings are not the topic.

so, why are you asking about them? do you have a point to make? or are you just going to dance around it?

Just making an observation.

do you agree that someone who would kneel during the national anthem is an anti-american piece of shit,

or are you here to side with the anti-american pieces of shit?

I don't have a problem with it.

but instead of being clear about that, you dance around asking me about my feelings, as though my being "upset" with bad behavior was inappropriate.

anyone that would kneel during the anthem, is an anti-american piece of shit.

anti-american pieces of shit, should not be celebrated by american fans.

I already explained my stance earlier.

then later, you started talking to me, about my feelings, and dancing around shit.

my point stands.

K.

thanks.

i can't stand the people that play the silly games of pretending not to be able to make the connection, between doing the exact opposite of what is done to show loyalty and unity.

You're welcome.

imo, a big part of team sports is the fans identifying with the team. that is why the teams are generally based in cities. so the fans of the city see themselves in the team and get emotionally invested in the team and how it is doing.

when the players express contempt and hate for the fans, it ruins that.

imo, any america fan, should be utterly disgusted by their behavior.

Neat. Well I disagree.

i don't see how you can.

when someone says that America is a shitty country, which is what the kneelers are saying,

they are saying that their fans are shitty people.

what kind of loser celebrates a person that thinks he is shit?

I don't have an issue with people peacefully voicing their concerns.

do you have a problem with someone saying that america is shit and that americans including you, are shit?

The few little "mobs" aren't going to affect much of anything. Their little attention getting schemes will end then it's the same as it used to be. It's always been this way.

yes, a little upset.

what is it to you? why are you here, commenting on my natural response to anti-american assholes, being anti-american assholes?

so, why are you asking about them? do you have a point to make? or are you just going to dance around it?

do you agree that someone who would kneel during the national anthem is an anti-american piece of shit,

but instead of being clear about that, you dance around asking me about my feelings, as though my being "upset" with bad behavior was inappropriate.

then later, you started talking to me, about my feelings, and dancing around shit.

my point stands.

K.

thanks.

i can't stand the people that play the silly games of pretending not to be able to make the connection, between doing the exact opposite of what is done to show loyalty and unity.

You're welcome.

imo, a big part of team sports is the fans identifying with the team. that is why the teams are generally based in cities. so the fans of the city see themselves in the team and get emotionally invested in the team and how it is doing.

Neat. Well I disagree.

i don't see how you can.

when someone says that America is a shitty country, which is what the kneelers are saying,

do you have a problem with someone saying that america is shit and that americans including you, are shit?

They're entitled to their opinion. But I don't take it that way.

I think it's more like: "This is my home and I love it here. But this issue concerns me and I want to use my platform to make sure my voice is heard because I think this country can be better."

Something like that.

yes, a little upset.

my point stands.

K.

thanks.

You're welcome.

Neat. Well I disagree.

i don't see how you can.

I think it's more like: "This is my home and I love it here. But this issue concerns me and I want to use my platform to make sure my voice is heard because I think this country can be better."

Something like that.

standing during the anthem is done to show patriotism or love of country.

kneeling, or doing the opposite of standing, is clearly stating the oppiosite, or hatred of country.

your denial of what is plain to us all, is not credible.

the kneelers are anti-american assholes.

that you want to spin that, to something positive, does not reflect well on you.

the only reasonable response to such people, is to cast them out.

yes, a little upset.

my point stands.

K.

thanks.

You're welcome.

Neat. Well I disagree.

i don't see how you can.

Something like that.

kneeling, or doing the opposite of standing, is clearly stating the oppiosite, or hatred of country.

that you want to spin that, to something positive, does not reflect well on you.

We disagree.

Thankfully 99.9 percent of people don't really care. They have better things to do than worry about a few athletes kneeling.

yes, a little upset.

my point stands.

K.

thanks.

You're welcome.

Neat. Well I disagree.

i don't see how you can.

Something like that.

We disagree.

kaepernick verbally clarified his intent for those that were confused.

he explained that it was about the nation as a whole being wacist and such shit.

he said nothing bout loving his country, nor it even being his country.

he was pretty clear about being an anti-american piece of shit.

you probably know this, since his actions were so clear.

Thankfully 99.9 percent of people don't really care. They have better things to do than worry about a few athletes kneeling.

the fact that we live in a society, where those who we look up to, look down on us,

is not a good sign for the health of the society.

yes, a little upset.

my point stands.

K.

thanks.

You're welcome.

Neat. Well I disagree.

i don't see how you can.

Something like that.

We disagree.

he explained that it was about the nation as a whole being wacist and such shit.

Kaepernick stated that he loves this country and that he's not anti-American.

The nation is stronger than ever. Athletes are not role models and I do not expect them to act as such.

yes, a little upset.

my point stands.

K.

thanks.

You're welcome.

Neat. Well I disagree.

i don't see how you can.

Something like that.

We disagree.

Kaepernick stated that he loves this country and that he's not anti-American.

not in the statement where he discussed why he kneeled.

he was clear that he was showing disrespect to a nation that supposedly did bad stuff, and blah, blah, blah.

the nation is made up of us. so the shit he said about the country, was shit he said about us.

any patriot that is also a football fan, or a fan of any sport where they anti-american asshole are insulting them,

needs to consider if they want to celebrate and cheer for people that have nothing but contempt and hate for them.

imo, they should all be treated like the anti-american pieces of shit they are.

The nation is stronger than ever. Athletes are not role models and I do not expect them to act as such.

athletes have always been role models and always will be.

your denial of that is silly.

a society that elevated people that openly rejects loyalty to the society and indeed, openly expressing disloyalty to the society,

is a sick society deeply in decline.

he was clear that he was showing disrespect to a nation that supposedly did bad stuff, and blah, blah, blah.

the nation is made up of us. so the shit he said about the country, was shit he said about us.

any patriot that is also a football fan, or a fan of any sport where they anti-american asshole are insulting them,

needs to consider if they want to celebrate and cheer for people that have nothing but contempt and hate for them.

Once again, I’m not anti-American,’’ he said again later that evening. “I love America.”

Once again, I’m not anti-American,’’ he said again later that evening. “I love America.”

so, we have conflicting words. i will judge him by his actions.

during an unity ritual where standing is done to show patriotism or love of country,

he does the opposite.

what is the opposite of patriotism and love of country?

during an unity ritual where standing is done to show patriotism or love of country,

he does the opposite.

I believe he's saying that he loves this country but thinks it can be better.

Athletes should not be treated as role models. That's a huge mistake. They are workers doing their jobs. I don't expect them to do anything but compete. The last thing any intelligent american would do is look to them as a role model.

he does the opposite.

why the fuck should he, or any libs, love this country, if this country is as shitty as they pretend to believe it is?

he does the opposite.

why the fuck should he, or any libs, love this country, if this country is as shitty as they pretend to believe it is?

Because it's pretty awesome here. Just not perfect.

he does the opposite.

Because it's pretty awesome here. Just not perfect.

that is not what we hear from you libs.

until we point out, especially in the context of elections, your anti-americanism, it is always about how terrible the nation is, has always been, ect ect ect.

but, when we point out that you hate US and/or that you or your words or actions should be judged in light of that,

suddenly, you are shocked that we would question your patriotism.

i've had libs, ridicule the idea of patriotism, and literally in the next sentence claim to be patriots.

and fully expect to be taken seriously.

Forum List

Back