Prisons...the ultimate gun free zones...higher murder rates than outside world....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yes....a look at prison murder rates should deflate gun grabbers even more...because it just shows their rainbows and puppy dogs dream of a world without guns would be just as if not more violent than our current world....one only has to look at history to know this....just ask the Mongols....

Maryland s Prisons Need More Guns - The Truth About Guns

I want you to imagine a place that we can keep 100% gun free. It’s behind barbed wire, with high walls. No guns, guaranteed. Admission to this place is tightly controlled. What would the murder rate be in such a gun-free utopia?
Easy to find out. Just such a place exists — it’s called the Maryland state prison system . . .

According to the justice department, the murder rate in Maryland prisons is 11 per 100,000. That’s three times the national average…for prisons, twice the national average for the non-incarcerated population, and almost three times the rate of the non-incarcerated population of “guns-everywhere” Texas.

So since there’s a long-term correlation between a rising gun ownership rate and a falling crime rate, should we be putting guns into the Maryland correctional system?

Yes....a look at prison murder rates should deflate gun grabbers even more...because it just shows their rainbows and puppy dogs dream of a world without guns would be just as if not more violent than our current world....one only has to look at history to know this....just ask the Mongols....

I want you to imagine a place that we can keep 100% gun free. It’s behind barbed wire, with high walls. No guns, guaranteed. Admission to this place is tightly controlled. What would the murder rate be in such a gun-free utopia?
Easy to find out. Just such a place exists — it’s called the Maryland state prison system . . .

According to the justice department, the murder rate in Maryland prisons is 11 per 100,000. That’s three times the national average…for prisons, twice the national average for the non-incarcerated population, and almost three times the rate of the non-incarcerated population of “guns-everywhere” Texas.

So since there’s a long-term correlation between a rising gun ownership rate and a falling crime rate, should we be putting guns into the Maryland correctional system?

Dear Billc

1. Can you show me the stats on
"rising gun ownership AMONG CONVICTED INMATES" and a 'falling crime rate'?

If you can show this still holds outside prisons
then sure you can try it inside prisons
because you would be comparing apples to apples:
populations where 100% are convicted inmates

2. here are successful programs that reduce violence and prevent murder in prisons
these are free nonprofits so this costs less than guns:

AVP USA Inc.

Justice Fellowship

NMV Home

They all work by Restorative Justice which heals
as opposed to Retributive Justice which doesn't.

Smiley High grad who beat odds wins national award - Houston Chronicle

Here is my favorite success story from No More Victims
This young man, slated to follow in his parents' footsteps who both served time,
instead got a scholarship to college and went on to pursue masters and higher degrees
in criminal justice and African American studies to reform the system
that kept poor people stuck in a cycle of poverty due to incarceration that didn't rehabilitate
or help them recover and reintegrate into society, while NMVI helped his family break that cycle.

I am totally pro 2nd amendment. :) I don't know about the comparison in the OP though. We must remember that prisons are full of criminals. Of course, life behind bars is going to be dangerous and violent because of the criminals.

my point is simply this........there are no guns in prison.....absolute gun control......and it is the criminals inside the prison that commit the murder even without guns....so those criminals out in the world would still commit all of their crimes even if you used pixie dust and made all the guns in the world disappear.

Criminals, without guns can still commit murder, rape, robbery and can still stab, beat or cripple other people.....especially when they target the weak, or when they attack in groups........normal, innocent,,law abiding citizens don't Stand a chance against these criminals......but with guns, these innocent people have a chance and are successful........

Britain is a good example.....they have banned guns, and their violence rate is at least 2x our violence rate.....violence didn't stop because their criminals have decided not to use guns as often.......innocent people were just made easier targets and made gun use less necessary....but the only losers in the equation are the victims of the criminals....who are now required to simply submit to their attackers

An amusing example if nothing else. Not exactly accurate comparing a prison to general population though since everyone in your sample is a confirmed violent criminal. :)

What do you do to punish a lifer in a state without capital punishment.

An amusing example if nothing else. Not exactly accurate comparing a prison to general population though since everyone in your sample is a confirmed violent criminal. :)
Check kiting and pot smoking are violent crimes?

Check kiting and pot smoking are violent crimes?

I never said that...

my point is simply this........there are no guns in prison.....absolute gun control......and it is the criminals inside the prison that commit the murder even without guns....so those criminals out in the world would still commit all of their crimes even if you used pixie dust and made all the guns in the world disappear.

Criminals, without guns can still commit murder, rape, robbery and can still stab, beat or cripple other people.....especially when they target the weak, or when they attack in groups........normal, innocent,,law abiding citizens don't Stand a chance against these criminals......but with guns, these innocent people have a chance and are successful........

Britain is a good example.....they have banned guns, and their violence rate is at least 2x our violence rate.....violence didn't stop because their criminals have decided not to use guns as often.......innocent people were just made easier targets and made gun use less necessary....but the only losers in the equation are the victims of the criminals....who are now required to simply submit to their attackers

I agree, but it's a different world entirely in prison. That is why it's a bad comparison, IMO.

I agree, but it's a different world entirely in prison. That is why it's a bad comparison, IMO.

well....we try.....but the point is valid......get rid of all guns....and innocent people will still be raped, beaten, stabbed and killed.....even in prison, with control over every aspect of a violent criminals life, where all the prisoners are prohibited from having any weapons, let alone guns, where there are guards supervising their activities 24 hours a day...

they still make weapons, they still rape, stab, beat and murder weaker inmates......

so now anti gun extremists...tell me that before we catch them and put them in prison...tell me innocent law abiding citizens have no need to have access to the most reliable tool to stop these monsters.....

well....we try.....but the point is valid......get rid of all guns....and innocent people will still be raped, beaten, stabbed and killed.....even in prison, with control over every aspect of a violent criminals life, where all the prisoners are prohibited from having any weapons, let alone guns, where there are guards supervising their activities 24 hours a day...

they still make weapons, they still rape, stab, beat and murder weaker inmates......

so now anti gun extremists...tell me that before we catch them and put them in prison...tell me innocent law abiding citizens have no need to have access to the most reliable tool to stop these monsters.....

Oh, I definitely agree. Where there is a will, there is a way. Not to mention, they will NEVER get rid of guns. Guns will never disappear. if they are banned, just like drugs, the underground market will be HUGE and more of a problem than ever because police will not be able to track the guns and assailants as easily. Banning things is never the answer, as history has proven time and time again.

Oh, I definitely agree. Where there is a will, there is a way. Not to mention, they will NEVER get rid of guns. Guns will never disappear. if they are banned, just like drugs, the underground market will be HUGE and more of a problem than ever because police will not be able to track the guns and assailants as easily. Banning things is never the answer, as history has proven time and time again.
:beer:

This country in the past 1 year has been going insane over guns. I feel as though soon we will have our planet not a blue and green color anymore, but red, pure red.

This country in the past 1 year has been going insane over guns. I feel as though soon we will have our planet not a blue and green color anymore, but red, pure red.

look...more,Americans are buying and carrying guns....and the gun murder rate is going down, not up....the gun accident rate is going down, not up....stop listening to anti gun extremists and look for the truth and you will be much happier and less pessimistic......they are irrational and have a phobia about guns...it clouds their ability to reason or use their judgement....

Oh GAWD. Get a grip will you? Guns have been in America since America became America and before.

This nation was built with bullets.

I am totally pro 2nd amendment. :) I don't know about the comparison in the OP though. We must remember that prisons are full of criminals. Of course, life behind bars is going to be dangerous and violent because of the criminals.

I was coming into this thread to say almost the exact same thing. I agree with many of Billc's pro 2nd amendment threads, but his comparisons can be sketchy at times. :thup:

I was coming into this thread to say almost the exact same thing. I agree with many of Billc's pro 2nd amendment threads, but his comparisons can be sketchy at times. :thup:

I am hoping more people who support the 2nd Amendment will take up the cause.....then you can make better comparisons....

I am hoping more people who support the 2nd Amendment will take up the cause.....then you can make better comparisons....

Comparisons aren't needed. The obvious arguments against gun free zones have been made a million times. If people aren't convinced yet then they are lost causes. :D

Forum List

Back