Preventing the spread of Fake News and Misinformation

A third party may be exactly what is needed.
I think a third part is just going to muddy the water. What will happen is that they will either be a player or not. If they aren't...they will not matter. If they are; they will spend half the time fund raising to get re-elected too and thus be subject to lobbyists, special interests, etc...
As long it is not at the extremes of either party, it could serve as a legislative dam buster. The polarization in politics makes it almost possible to pass significant legislation without full control of government. Since that happens less half the time, we are sending congressmen to Washington half the time to accomplish little or nothing accept to block the opposition party.
You're exactly right about this.

We don't do big things any more. We do a lot of little things. Can you imagine suggesting the TVA in this day and age? NASA would never happen. And it's directly attributable to just what you said....you have the party of "no". Our global competitors don't suffer from that malady and it's beginning to show.

I heard, a few times, about a fulcrum confederation of members of both major political parties. They would act as a counter balance to the radicals. But that seemed to be a pipe dream.

I saw a movie once called The Star Chamber. What would happen is that judges who are hemmed in by the law and precedent and had to let people go on technicalities who they knew were guilty would hire hit men to take out the criminals that they had to legally let go. The judges had a panel that would vote on whether or not to serve the death warrants. I wonder if something like that where they would meet in private and discuss privately (in a binding way) on how they would vote on the floor.

It's available now, but you silly righties get yourself so emotionally invested in all these half-assed treatments that a year later you are still talking about HCQ.

Kids, this is your brain on cool-aid politics.

Time is irrelevant, the HCQ, Zinc and Ivermectin combo has proven to prevent sever disease and hospitalization 85% of the time when treated early. That's as good as the J&J vaccine and they are just as safe if not more so. The monoclonal antibodies are reserved for people 65+ with other comorbidities in many places and has to be administered in the first 7 days. Many doctors won't even consider a Regeneron treatment till the patient is showing signs of pulmonary distress with declining O2 levels, by then it's too late. After reading the research and hearing doctors that have used the HCQ combo, I would have zero hesitation in asking for it for myself.

But hey, feel free to keep being a political hack asshole, it fits you well.

We've all seen it on USMB and elsewhere, fake news and misinformation on just about every major topic of public interest, global warming, elections, covid-19, foreign policy, domestic policy, legislation, crime, etc..... When we see posts that are filled with false information that is contrary to, trusted news services, science, trusted leaders, and often just plain common sense, we feel obliged to prove the poster is wrong. Generally speaking this not the best way to stop the spread of misinformation. It actually increases it. It is exactly what the poster wants, an invitation to provide more misinformation in support of his augment. When we play this game with the poster we become part of the problem, not the solution.

Fake news is bad for democracy — and in a pandemic, it may be a matter of life or death.
The ONLY way to reduce fake news and misinformation is for everyone to inoculate themselves with critical thinking skills.

It should be required teaching in schools, beginning in first grade all the way through college.

The reason fake news and misinformation are so prevalent is because partisans suffer from hardcore confirmation bias. They WANT to be lied to, and therefore DESERVE to be lied to.

"I want to bleev it, so it must be true!"

I see the exact same phenomenon amongst rubes who buy into psychics and mediums.

Sad.

Fox as well as other news outlets should change their policies and how they present the news. There is nothing that can done about news commentary, nor should there be. All I'm saying is the slanting of the news does not belong in a newscast. The purpose of a newscast is not sway the audience regardless of the issue. If the news broadcasters clean up their act and management creates a wall between the news room and commentator, the image of news media will improve. It has to because our democracy can't survive when our goverment and the public discussion changes from resolution of issue to debating the existence of the issues.

Well, the problem is that the purpose of the news is to MAKE MONEY. These are private companies. Maybe the government should set up its own news media outlet that deals only in facts.

The problem with US democracy isn't just about the media, even with a fair media, it's still going to die because it isn't really democracy.

Time is irrelevant, the HCQ, Zinc and Ivermectin combo has proven to prevent sever disease and hospitalization 85% of the time when treated early.
:rolleyes-41:

85%? That's better than monoclonal antibody treatment.

You know what that means right? It means you are full of bullshit dummy.

Put up your mickey mouse source.

:rolleyes-41:

85%? That's better than monoclonal antibody treatment.

You know what that means right? It means you are full of bullshit dummy.

Put up your mickey mouse source.

Get back to me when you can respond to what I actually said. BTW it's a posting violation to edit a post in a way it alters the context within the quote box.

Get back to me when you can respond to what I actually said. BTW it's a posting violation to edit a post in a way it alters the context within the quote box.

You claimed 85% effectiveness for your exotic little HCQ/Zinc/Ivermectin cocktails.

I called bs and asked you for source.

You provide none, but instead take your time to bitch about me supposedly misquoting you.

So I tell you what tiger, you put that tail between your bullshit squeezing cheeks and run along now. K?

Last edited:
The-surest-way-to-corrupt-a-youth-is-to-instruct-him-to-hold-in.jpg

education meme.jpg

You claimed 85% effectiveness for your exotic little HCQ/Zinc/Ivermectin cocktails.

I called bs and asked you for source.

You provide none, but instead take your time to bitch about me supposedly misquoting you.

So I tell you what tiger, you put that tail between your bullshit squeezing cheeks and run along now. K?

You can call any fucking thing you want, the information is out there, feel free to look it up.

We've all seen it on USMB and elsewhere, fake news and misinformation on just about every major topic of public interest, global warming, elections, covid-19, foreign policy, domestic policy, legislation, crime, etc..... When we see posts that are filled with false information that is contrary to, trusted news services, science, trusted leaders, and often just plain common sense, we feel obliged to prove the poster is wrong. Generally speaking this not the best way to stop the spread of misinformation. It actually increases it. It is exactly what the poster wants, an invitation to provide more misinformation in support of his augment. When we play this game with the poster we become part of the problem, not the solution.

Fake news is bad for democracy — and in a pandemic, it may be a matter of life or death.
Simple get rid of the news groups that are a threat to this country. Erase the ones that lie non stop when those lies are a threat to this country. Won't work dam it. well then make them responsible to what they report, big time. Their reporting that are killing people , million dollar fine. A mistake fine, take that into concideration but doing it for some underhanded reason, screw them. You can't yell fire in a crowded theater, thats not a law it's a respected philosophy.

I think a third part is just going to muddy the water. What will happen is that they will either be a player or not. If they aren't...they will not matter. If they are; they will spend half the time fund raising to get re-elected too and thus be subject to lobbyists, special interests, etc...

You're exactly right about this.

We don't do big things any more. We do a lot of little things. Can you imagine suggesting the TVA in this day and age? NASA would never happen. And it's directly attributable to just what you said....you have the party of "no". Our global competitors don't suffer from that malady and it's beginning to show.

I heard, a few times, about a fulcrum confederation of members of both major political parties. They would act as a counter balance to the radicals. But that seemed to be a pipe dream.

I saw a movie once called The Star Chamber. What would happen is that judges who are hemmed in by the law and precedent and had to let people go on technicalities who they knew were guilty would hire hit men to take out the criminals that they had to legally let go. The judges had a panel that would vote on whether or not to serve the death warrants. I wonder if something like that where they would meet in private and discuss privately (in a binding way) on how they would vote on the floor.
Third parties serve an important role in our political system by forcing major political parties to address new issues they might not have previously addressed very much. A third party can also break stalemates in congress.

Third parties serve an important role in our political system by forcing major political parties to address new issues they might not have previously addressed very much. A third party can also break stalemates in congress.
Sure.

They also can just become as beholden to special interests as are the R's and the D's.

Time is irrelevant, the HCQ, Zinc and Ivermectin combo has proven to prevent sever disease and hospitalization 85% of the time when treated early. That's as good as the J&J vaccine and they are just as safe if not more so. The monoclonal antibodies are reserved for people 65+ with other comorbidities in many places and has to be administered in the first 7 days. Many doctors won't even consider a Regeneron treatment till the patient is showing signs of pulmonary distress with declining O2 levels, by then it's too late. After reading the research and hearing doctors that have used the HCQ combo, I would have zero hesitation in asking for it for myself.

But hey, feel free to keep being a political hack asshole, it fits you well.

How about a link to support your clam that HCQ, Zinc and Ivermectin combo has proven to prevent sever disease and hospitalization 85% of the time when treated early.

How about a link to support your clam that HCQ, Zinc and Ivermectin combo has proven to prevent sever disease and hospitalization 85% of the time when treated early.

I heard an interview with a doctor that explained how they work together on a cellular level on a local radio station. And I've heard interviews with doctors that have used the combo to successfully treat patients. You folks are welcome to ignore all the evidence out there because your masters tell you to, I chose not to.

Simple get rid of the news groups that are a threat to this country. Erase the ones that lie non stop when those lies are a threat to this country. Won't work dam it. well then make them responsible to what they report, big time. Their reporting that are killing people , million dollar fine. A mistake fine, take that into concideration but doing it for some underhanded reason, screw them. You can't yell fire in a crowded theater, thats not a law it's a respected philosophy.
There is no law against lying per se. However when that lie cause damage then it is a violation law, if you can prove it. And there lies the problem. Proving that millions people died because of a lie would be very difficult.

News reporting (not news commentary) should not be filtered to support an agenda nor should it contain contain opinions, nor interpretations, nor discussions. The problem is getting news outlets to do this. What they are doing now is profitable If government doesn't step in, then who will?

Last edited:
I heard an interview with a doctor that explained how they work together on a cellular level on a local radio station. And I've heard interviews with doctors that have used the combo to successfully treat patients. You folks are welcome to ignore all the evidence out there because your masters tell you to, I chose not to.

That does not sound like much evidence. You herd some interviewer, interviewing some doctor who explained how it works. And you heard interviews with some doctors on the radio who claimed they used it successful. So based on this evidence we are to assume it is 85% effective at preventing covid and abandon vaccines which have been proven in clinical trials with over 40,000 subjects, approved by FDA, and shown effective by the very the low percentage of vaccinated covid patients in the hospitals. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
That does not sound like much evidence. You herd some interviewer, interviewing some doctor who explained how it works. And you heard interviews with some doctors on the radio who claimed they used it successful. So based on this evidence we are to assume it is 85% effective at preventing covid and abandon vaccines which have been proven in clinical trials with over 40,000 subjects, approved by FDA, and shown effective by the very the low percentage of vaccinated covid patients in the hospitals. :cuckoo:

There's a very low percentage of previously infected people in hospitals as well, but you commies ignore natural immunity and demand everyone get vaccinated, that's as anti-science as you can get. So assume what you will, believe what you will, I'm tired of calling out the commie lies on the subject.

{...
{
US National Library of Medicine

National Institutes of Health
Search database

Conclusions:​

Moderate-certainty evidence finds that large reductions in COVID-19 deaths are possible using ivermectin. Using ivermectin early in the clinical course may reduce numbers progressing to severe disease. The apparent safety and low cost suggest that ivermectin is likely to have a significant impact on the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic globally.
...}

{...

Review of the Emerging Evidence Demonstrating the Efficacy of Ivermectin in the Prophylaxis and Treatment of COVID-19​

Pierre Kory, MD,1,* Gianfranco Umberto Meduri, MD,2 Joseph Varon, MD,3 Jose Iglesias, DO,4 and Paul E. Marik, MD5

Conclusions:​

Meta-analyses based on 18 randomized controlled treatment trials of ivermectin in COVID-19 have found large, statistically significant reductions in mortality, time to clinical recovery, and time to viral clearance. Furthermore, results from numerous controlled prophylaxis trials report significantly reduced risks of contracting COVID-19 with the regular use of ivermectin. Finally, the many examples of ivermectin distribution campaigns leading to rapid population-wide decreases in morbidity and mortality indicate that an oral agent effective in all phases of COVID-19 has been identified.
...}

{...

A five-day course of ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19 may reduce the duration of illness​

...}

And that is just a quick search on Ivermectin.
I have posted many more on Ivermectin, such as from Israel and India, as well as dozens more on other treatment that are proven successful.
In fact, it should be obvious that no one should be dying. Covid-19 is not killing anyone, and only the autoimmune response is.

You can call any fucking thing you want, the information is out there, feel free to look it up.

"Out there" is that there are no serious studies supporting your claim.

You claimed 85% effectiveness, I KNOW that's bullshit because that would be a huge development in Covid treatment and front page medical news.

So, I'm asking you where you got that number from...is it your ass and you are too embarrassed to admit?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back