Preventing the spread of Fake News and Misinformation

Sure, but monoclonal antibodies are about 100 more risky and expensive.
They are not the long term treatment answer.

I'm just saying thats what good treatment efficacy looks like, thats where we have to get antiviral drugs to.

Hey fool, where did you get 85% from for HCQ/Zinc/Ivermectin cocktail?

On Ivermectin from your link:

Six of seven meta-analyses of IVM treatment RCTs reporting in 2021 found notable reductions in COVID-19 fatalities, with a mean 31% relative risk of mortality vs. controls.

You know what 31% is? A poor treatment option.

Good God man, learn how to fucking read. Your highlighted portion means there was a 31% risk of mortality (ie fucking dying), that means 69% don't risk dying. The ignorance and stupidity of you commies never ceases to amaze.

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fimageserve%2F613138b7ab7421dff59c774b%2FFunny-portrait-of-a-laughing-horse--Camargue-horse-yawning-%2F960x0.jpg%3FcropX1%3D0%26cropX2%3D2734%26cropY1%3D24%26cropY2%3D1562

Is that a selfie?

Good God man, learn how to fucking read. Your highlighted portion means there was a 31% risk of mortality (ie fucking dying), that means 69% don't risk dying. The ignorance and stupidity of you commies never ceases to amaze.

Wrong, wrong again tiger. Thats not what it means.

31% is improvement over placebo control group. Meaning taking the drug reduced your chances of death by 31% vs not taking anything.

We've all seen it on USMB and elsewhere, fake news and misinformation on just about every major topic of public interest, global warming, elections, covid-19, foreign policy, domestic policy, legislation, crime, etc..... When we see posts that are filled with false information that is contrary to, trusted news services, science, trusted leaders, and often just plain common sense, we feel obliged to prove the poster is wrong. Generally speaking this not the best way to stop the spread of misinformation. It actually increases it. It is exactly what the poster wants, an invitation to provide more misinformation in support of his augment. When we play this game with the poster we become part of the problem, not the solution.

Fake news is bad for democracy — and in a pandemic, it may be a matter of life or death.
Agree and disagree. Here’s what I think: I believe people aren’t knowingly spreading propaganda for the most part. They just know a lot of bogus information that supports their argument that they believe in. There’s tons of misinformation out there. These people are simply informed about the wrong things.

Now I agree that debating people who constantly spread misinformation just leads to them spreading more misinformation.

The only thing is if all their threads of misinformation go unchallenged then the readers may actually be compelled to think it’s the truth. Damned if you do damned if you don’t.

They are not the long term treatment answer.

I'm just saying thats what good treatment efficacy looks like, thats where we have to get antiviral drugs to.

Which likely could be done if all the research was not deliberately shut down and slandered.
Big pharma only wants to sell vaccines it seems.

That is stupid.
Those 3 drugs have nothing at all to do with each other.

{...
Dr. Mike Hansen breaks down the findings of a recent study into the effectiveness of supplements in protecting against the virus.
When it comes to COVID, he explains that there is precedent to suggest zinc may inhibit the enzyme that allows the virus to replicate its RNA , and that vitamin C may decrease susceptibility to respiratory infections. However, he adds that the most recent study was only carried out with patients experiencing mild to moderate illness, not people who had been hospitalized due to their symptoms, and so the effectiveness of these in cases of serious illness is not yet known.

"Currently, there are studies being done in China and the United States that are looking at the potential role of intravenous vitamin C in reducing the need for requiring a ventilator in COVID-19 patients," he says. "Also, vitamin C, zinc and vitamin D are being looked at for the prevention of COVID."

Additionally, Hansen states that the supplement doses used in the study can also cause a range of side effects.

"If zinc is taken in high doses, especially more than 40 mg per day, it's been shown to cause dry mouth, nausea, loss of appetite, diarrhea, and long-term users can develop low levels of copper, decreased immunity, and lower levels of the good cholesterol HDL," he says. "Taking over 2000 mg of vitamin C a day can cause heartburn, stomach cramps, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and headaches."

The ideal daily dose, he adds, is 90 mg for men and 75 mg for women.
...}

Those 3 drugs have nothing at all to do with each other.

That's not true, I heard an interview with a molecular biologist. This is the way he explained it. Zinc is an antiviral, and HCQ opens a path for the zinc to enter the cells to kill the virus. It's really a simple concept.

According to one of the OP's "trusted sites" over 80% of Americans, 16 or older, have some covid immunity due to antibodies. According to another of the OP's "trusted sources," the CDC, that means that, as a country, we have reached herd immunity and the vaccine should be unnecessary. It is all political bullshit.

How can the population have that immunity when they have never been exposed to it before?

As a Republican I'm still amazed you haven't hidden your face after 670000 people have died from it but you still suggest it's really not to worry about.

Which likely could be done if all the research was not deliberately shut down and slandered.
Big pharma only wants to sell vaccines it seems.
Aaaaand we are back to regularly scheduled conspiracy theory land. It's just what you nutters do.

HCQ was studied - it sucks.
Ivermectin was studied - it sucks less.
Steroids were studied - not too bad, not great.

Wtf is it you think is not being studied?

Last edited:
Wrong, wrong again tiger. Thats not what it means.

31% is improvement over placebo control group. Meaning taking the drug reduced your chances of death by 31% vs not taking anything.

Now you're just trying to be a comedian, right? No one could be as stupid as you.

Now you're just trying to be a comedian, right? No one could be as stupid as you.
Why even use words if you are going to say nothing at all?

Thats what it means dumbass, thats the standard of efficacy measurement, even if you don't like it.

That's not true, I heard an interview with a molecular biologist. This is the way he explained it. Zinc is an antiviral, and HCQ opens a path for the zinc to enter the cells to kill the virus. It's really a simple concept.

I haven't heard that, but it might be true. Not something I have done any research on.

Aaaaand we are back to regularly scheduled conspiracy theory land. It's just what you nutters do.

HCQ was studied - it sucks.
Ivermectin was studied - it sucks less.
Steroids were studied - not too bad, not great.

Wtf is it you think is not being studied?

No, HCQ, Ivermectin, Fluvoxamine, Remdesivir, etc. have all been proven to work under the right conditions.
It is easy to do a fake study to make it fail.
All you have to do is give the wrong amounts to the wrong people, at the wrong times.
But obviously there have to be lots of ways to prevent a cytokine storm.
No one should be dying.

Yeah, I wear briefs and they contain my farts about as well as cloth masks contain covid

You are the one who is terrified--You stay home. I don't care who wears what. I don't hide from political hoaxes.
Dr. Fauci will soon suggest you wear two or three pairs of briefs. The more the better.

This is exactly why what we call the news needs a major overhaul. News should be just that a report of the happenings of the day without roundtable table discussions, interpretations of news, rebuttal of news pieces, and biased commentary. It should not be the job of the news room to determine what is true and what is false. That is a job for the news commentators and the audience. In short, we need a wall between opinion and news. That is the first step in restoring faith in the news media.
And whom exactly is going to complete that ‘overhaul’?

Again, most news reporting entities do report ‘just the news’; it’s cable news you’re having an issue with.

Forum List

Back