President Trump to the rescue, signs 4 executive orders to help the American people with the government mandated shut down.

Wonderful. Since when does the president have the right to void contracts between private citizens? Since when does the president have the power of the purse? I thought that had to be passed by the house. Just because he doesn't like democrats or Nancy Pissloser doesn't mean he can usurp our constitution.

I think he's overstepping his powers on this one. People are now being allowed to live rent free in homes that they don't own and can't be thrown out of.

This is insane. I was ok with the first one, but not this extension. I think Trump is a little too power hungry.

He probably doesn't but this is going to be a huge boost for him. Now the Democrats get to sue to keep the unemployed from getting some extra money and allowing people to get evicted.

These are things the Democrats should have passed already but they care far, far more for their rich donors.
This was made political from the beginning. Progs should have worked with Trump for the good of the country. Instead the old "never let a crisis go" agenda went into production.

But like all Trump supporters, you are content just sit back, bitch, piss, moan and blame other people. Congress controls the power of the purse. Period.

If Congress won't act, who will? I've already asked this question once.

Nobody. "Action" is not required.

That's out of the question. What a completely ignorant statement.

Shouldn't be out of the question. Why is it out of the question?

But like all Trump supporters, you are content just sit back, bitch, piss, moan and blame other people. Congress controls the power of the purse. Period.

Inaction in this crisis is inherently out of the question. If you want to show your respective constituencies that you don't give a damn about them, don't act. Don't show that you're willing to mitigate the problems caused by this pandemic.

Inaction in this crisis is inherently out of the question. If you want to show your respective constituencies that you don't give a damn about them, don't act. Don't show that you're willing to mitigate the problems caused by this pandemic.

We already acted. What happened to the first 3 trillion dollars we spent? What ever happened to fiscal responsibility?

Meaningless EO's. Congress controls the power of the purse.

So what? You've made it quite clear you don't give a rats ass about who is suffering because of this shutdown. Congress equally so. Naturally, you would be so callous as to ignore the needs of the people and wallow in the legal weeds.

The House passed their coronavirus relief package two months ago. Democrats have shown they care about the suffering and passed their bill. The Senate Republicans sat on their ass until the last minute and after they jerked around with the stall tactics, Trump decides to grandstand because he knows the longer the stalemate drags on, the more it hurts his re-election chances. That's his only reason for issuing these meaningless orders. This could have been hammered out a month ago. But like all Trump supporters, you are content just sit back, bitch, piss, moan and blame other people. Congress controls the power of the purse. Period.
Bullshit. There are serious issues that had to be negotiated but Pelosi refused to negotiate because she either wanted the American people to suffer and blame the President or wanted all the credit for the bill for herself. President Trump, recognizing that Congress would not pass a bill before the benefits expired suggested that the current benefits be extended for a short time so no one would suffer, but Pelosi said, not, in effect she said she will get everything she wants or no one will get anything. So President Trump came along and rescued the American people from Crazy Nancy's clutches.

Missed the point entirely. The whole EO "display" could have been avoided had Mitch and Crew not sat on their collective asses and waited till the last minute. Nancy and the Democrats in the House did their job. It was up to Mitch and the Senate Republicans to do theirs. FAIL! Trump???..he's just the carnival barker who sees that his re-election chances are circling the drain..and it's getting closer to flush time. :)

We already acted. What happened to the first 3 trillion dollars we spent? What ever happened to fiscal responsibility?

Well, you will actually have my agreement on this to some extent. A lot of companies and organizations got money they didn't need or shouldn't have gotten. However, I do remember that Nancy Pelosi and a bunch of Democrats asked for oversight and transparency in the original relief package...only to be denied by Mitch and The White House....gee, wonder why?

So what? You've made it quite clear you don't give a rats ass about who is suffering because of this shutdown. Congress equally so. Naturally, you would be so callous as to ignore the needs of the people and wallow in the legal weeds.

The House passed their coronavirus relief package two months ago. Democrats have shown they care about the suffering and passed their bill. The Senate Republicans sat on their ass until the last minute and after they jerked around with the stall tactics, Trump decides to grandstand because he knows the longer the stalemate drags on, the more it hurts his re-election chances. That's his only reason for issuing these meaningless orders. This could have been hammered out a month ago. But like all Trump supporters, you are content just sit back, bitch, piss, moan and blame other people. Congress controls the power of the purse. Period.
Bullshit. There are serious issues that had to be negotiated but Pelosi refused to negotiate because she either wanted the American people to suffer and blame the President or wanted all the credit for the bill for herself. President Trump, recognizing that Congress would not pass a bill before the benefits expired suggested that the current benefits be extended for a short time so no one would suffer, but Pelosi said, not, in effect she said she will get everything she wants or no one will get anything. So President Trump came along and rescued the American people from Crazy Nancy's clutches.

Missed the point entirely. The whole EO "display" could have been avoided had Mitch and Crew not sat on their collective asses and waited till the last minute. Nancy and the Democrats in the House did their job. It was up to Mitch and the Senate Republicans to do theirs. FAIL! Trump???..he's just the carnival barker who sees that his re-election chances are circling the drain..and it's getting closer to flush time. :)
No, you're missing the point. The Democrats' whole campaign strategy is to heap as much suffering as possible on the American people is the hope they can persuade voters to blame the President for their suffering, so Crazy Nancy refused to negotiate with the Republicans and refused to agree to a temporary extension of benefits, leaving the President no choice but to take the issue away from Congress and rescue the American people from the clutches of the Democrats.

No, you're missing the point. The Democrats' whole campaign strategy is to heap as much suffering as possible on the American people is the hope they can persuade voters to blame the President for their suffering, so Crazy Nancy refused to negotiate with the Republicans and refused to agree to a temporary extension of benefits, leaving the President no choice but to take the issue away from Congress and rescue the American people from the clutches of the Democrats.

No it isn't. No one wants to see the entire economy shut down, or whole sectors of small business people on the cusp of financial ruin, or kids not in school. Honestly, do you really believe this bullshit? Because if you do, it's time to turn off the media sources you're watching/listening to. As I understand it, Democrats offered 3 tril. Republicans offered 1 tril. There was movement on an agreement to get to 2 tril. But there were Republicans who were no go's. Then things were yanked that caused Democrats to no go. Again, all this could have been played out a month ago without waiting till the last minute and beyond. The House passed its bill. It was up to the Senate Republicans to take it up and do their jobs. That's how government works. Trump's EO are empty and hollow grandstanding efforts.

Wonderful. Since when does the president have the right to void contracts between private citizens? Since when does the president have the power of the purse? I thought that had to be passed by the house. Just because he doesn't like democrats or Nancy Pissloser doesn't mean he can usurp our constitution.

I think he's overstepping his powers on this one. People are now being allowed to live rent free in homes that they don't own and can't be thrown out of.

This is insane. I was ok with the first one, but not this extension. I think Trump is a little too power hungry.

He probably doesn't but this is going to be a huge boost for him. Now the Democrats get to sue to keep the unemployed from getting some extra money and allowing people to get evicted.

These are things the Democrats should have passed already but they care far, far more for their rich donors.
This was made political from the beginning. Progs should have worked with Trump for the good of the country. Instead the old "never let a crisis go" agenda went into production.

Then your unhappiness should not be directed at "Progs" (whomever that may be), but at Senator Mitch McConnell and his Republican leadership. The House passed their relief bill two months ago.
And Mitch?...crickets...I'm sorry, again, who made this political?

Then your unhappiness should not be directed at "Progs" (whomever that may be), but at Senator Mitch McConnell and his Republican leadership. The House passed their relief bill two months ago.

Trump wins here either way. Now this isnt what I think. Long term this damages the country bad but as far as the November elections goes Trump wins.

He is going to say that once again the two parties couldn't come together and it was left up to him to do something.

No it isn't. No one wants to see the entire economy shut down, or whole sectors of small business people on the cusp of financial ruin, or kids not in school. Honestly, do you really believe this bullshit? Because if you do, it's time to turn off the media sources you're watching/listening to. As I understand it, Democrats offered 3 tril. Republicans offered 1 tril. There was movement on an agreement to get to 2 tril. But there were Republicans who were no go's. Then things were yanked that caused Democrats to no go. Again, all this could have been played out a month ago without waiting till the last minute and beyond. The House passed its bill. It was up to the Senate Republicans to take it up and do their jobs. That's how government works. Trump's EO are empty and hollow grandstanding efforts.
If you don't understand that the Democrats' strategy is to increased the suffering of the American people in the hope voters will blame the President for it, then you have no idea what you are looking at. The Democrats' job is not to pass a bill but to compromise with Republicans so that Congress can pass a bill and that is exactly what Pelosi refused to do. Why do you think she refused the President's suggestion for a temporary extension so that benefits wouldn't expire if not to cause more pain and try to blame it on the President? She consistently refused to negotiate right up until the President signed an EO and then she falsely claimed she had been negotiating all along.

Trump wins here either way. Now this isnt what I think. Long term this damages the country bad but as far as the November elections goes Trump wins.

He is going to say that once again the two parties couldn't come together and it was left up to him to do something.

Well, I agree to the extent that he believes he will win. However, I'd have to say at this point, most thinking people will know that these EO's don't have any teeth because he can't back them up. And at the end of the day, he might claim that he alone was left to take action, but left and right will know that in the end, he's just grandstanding.

Well, I agree to the extent that he believes he will win. However, I'd have to say at this point, most thinking people will know that these EO's don't have any teeth because he can't back them up. And at the end of the day, he might claim that he alone was left to take action, but left and right will know that in the end, he's just grandstanding.

I'll bet that unless the Democrats act in a hurry that they go into affect.

Ah that Trump, he has created America's second NEW DEAL. I hope FDR is pleased,

If you don't understand that the Democrats' strategy is to increased the suffering of the American people in the hope voters will blame the President for it, then you have no idea what you are looking at. The Democrats' job is not to pass a bill but to compromise with Republicans so that Congress can pass a bill and that is exactly what Pelosi refused to do. Why do you think she refused the President's suggestion for a temporary extension so that benefits wouldn't expire if not to cause more pain and try to blame it on the President? She consistently refused to negotiate right up until the President signed an EO and then she falsely claimed she had been negotiating all along.

What? The House passed their bill. The Senate then should take up the House bill and marks it up and either passes it or makes their own bill. The changes are then hammered out and compromised between House and Senate to get a bill both houses pass to send on to the President to sign..or veto. But the Senate Republicans sat on their hands. Why? Well, that's a topic for another thread.

How about and EO that says all Governor, county executive, mayors, city councils decrees regarding Covid are null and void and unleash the American public on these jackasses and let them try and stop us when the President says they can’t

Forum List

Back